It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Media Bubble Is Worse Than You Think

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Solution...........TURN IT OFF!

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Over simplistic.

What the media did was try to subvert the US population by not minding their constitutionally protected "jobs". They created news in place of reporting the news.

What is scary is how close Hillary the faint came to winning.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Because they all talk to so called EXPERTS who, lets face it, almost always have not really a better understanding than the so called COMMON PEOPLE. Often, pub talkers have a better understanding what is going on in the world than those highly paid elite. How about that?

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: butcherguy

I think this very forum we are using is going to put most if not all the talking heads out of business.

I was reading an article earlier that pointed out where these MSM "talking heads" get their revenue from.

Turns out that 50% of CNN's $$$ comes from Cable TV and Dish TV providers.

As more people cancel/leave those two mediums, and begin using the Internet to watch their TV shows, that revenue stream is steadily shrinking.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

What went so wrong? What’s still wrong? To some conservatives, Trump’s surprise win on November 8 simply bore out what they had suspected, that the Democrat-infested press was knowingly in the tank for Clinton all along. The media, in this view, was guilty not just of confirmation bias but of complicity.

With only 7% repub journalists out there, it is of little surprise that the media was so wrong last election cycle. Having such an out numbered the dem vs repub journalist bench is going to lead group think and back slapping.

i

I am not argueing with the accuracy or otherwise of your analysis at all. I am taking issue with this stupid notion that ...."faction A are the goodies and faction B are the baddies."

When will people wake up and realise that both the major factions are owned and controlled by the same people. The two ... or ..3. or 4 party system, is that the people behind the curtain have their people in all those factions and the agenda merely wobbles a bit left here and a bit to the rights there and so on.

Noam Chomsky said the smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion but allow a very lively debate within that spectrum.

He also said, in both “old” and “new” world orders the central goal is the issue of control.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Exactly how relevant is Hillary still? Because I haven't heard anyone other than a conservative say Hillary for weeks.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Well, sometimes, simple works. If enough people stop watching, the ratings will plummet and the networks will fail. CNN is all but bankrupt and up for sale. Fox could be next to fall.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join