It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nellis 4-24

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
We managed to get to Nellis, and have some time to sit for a few hours yesterday, and what a day it was. The Weapons School was in full swing apparently, and they had all kinds of aircraft flying around. There were F-16s, F-15s, L-159s, A-4s, and F-35s flying around. Here are a few of the shots I got.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
How loud is the F-35 relative to, say, the F-16?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Gotta love that camo scheme on the 16s. Beautiful.

Awesome shots. I'm envious.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: cosmania

Quite a bit, especially on takeoff. They launched 4 of them with 8 F-16s and the difference was obvious. On landing, it's not as bad as they go over though.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Nice pics! Whats up with the red star on the bottom of the wing of this one?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Dedicated adversary aircraft. Basically, they take US aircraft and pilots and they mimic a variety of threat aircraft.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Great pictures Zaph

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

That's their new paint scheme to mimic the T-50 being built by Russia. They have desert camo, Arctic, and a few others. They fly using foreign tactics to play adversary for American units.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

a reply to: cosmania

Yea I know they do adversary training, but I didnt know they went as far as to use the paint scheme from other countries.

Found this at The Drive

The 64th Aggressor Squadron, based out of Nellis Air Force Base, is one of only two USAF units that provide dedicated adversary support. The 64th aims to take the whole threat presentation mission to an extreme level. This doesn't just include emulating potential adversaries' tactics and procedures, as well as their weapons and aircraft capabilities, but also presenting front-line pilots with some of the same camouflage paint jobs they could see on enemy planes in battle. As a result, you would be hard pressed to find a more eclectic looking lineup of F-16s than on the 64th AGRS flightline. Now the unit has added a new paint job to its repertoire—one that reflects that being flown on some of Russia's most advanced fighter aircraft.

Pretty cool.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

They go all out. They used to have Soviet style ready rooms and everything. They take the role very seriously.

I got two of the desert, two of the blue, including one splinter, and the T-50. I'll post more tonight if I get a better net connection in Phoenix.
edit on 4/25/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
F-35 just being deployed to Romania and Estland. That is odd since the F-35 is not really ready yet for combat deployment?

They are being deployed from the UK.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

What are the odds that as whatever 6th gen aircraft is phased in, we see the F-15's kept alive as an adversarial aircraft since they're the closest things we have flying to a Flanker?

I just want to see one done up in Russian camo, is that too much to ask?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

It's post IOC, so yes it is ready for combat deployment. And even if it weren't, what makes you think they're going to be used in combat? They do have to train with our allies.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Hey Zaph, I was there back in 08 installing aluminum blast resistent
window captures and glass in one of the newer buildings for
housing out there. Got to see some amazing manuevers for
about a month and half. The place went on lock down one day
just as we were rolling up. 3 hours after beer 30 before we
made it back to Sams town. Everyone was late the next day.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby

They were in Russian camo until the 65th stood down, which was just another dumb as hell decision by the higher ups. They'll probably keep some of the youngest, although it will depend on if they need the new wing or not.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

They have all kinds of stuff there right now for the Weapons School. There are 6 B-1s flying around 9pm, scaring small children and dogs.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I dont know. I just thought that it would be a bit early to deploy them that is all :/

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

The bugle went off at six and by seven the engines were firing up.
edit on Rpm42517v03201700000020 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

They're ready to go, and the Air Force has said from before IOC that if someone asked them to deploy to a theatre for a mission, they'd go the day after IOC was declared.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Somehow I have this image of you standing beside your truck giggling hysterically as each plane passes even remotely near you...

Kid in a candy store!!

Your enthusiasm is contagious, Zaph.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join