It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Nye Saves the world, YAY Science

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Mordekaiser

Not sure about PC but at least he brings awareness to transgenderism. But like I said why does the right get so triggered about it? Are they being forced to watch it? And why do they complain about under 1 percent of the population? And why tell us that it's "leftist" thing? I can list things to complain about people on the right.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

My belief is the majority of the 'anti' transgender crowd has fizzled out. Most people are only 'pro', and this is for exposure ultimately for profit.

My core issue however is these are political issues and if he wants to shed light on it that's fine, as a scientist that's fine, but addressing the solution as a PART OF SCIENCE itself only yields to poor opportunities of the future, turning to Science for confirmation in ethical choices, for example genocide of the Jews.
edit on 26-4-2017 by Mordekaiser because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   

I think I understand your point. They used the same "science" with the gay people during the Holocaust.
Been nice talking to you but gotta go.

edit on 4/26/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Yes, but you can see how Global warming would be different. There is still a distinct difference in the way the Global Warming argument is displayed verses This junk, that they're correct is junk, though. It's called Science.
edit on 26-4-2017 by Mordekaiser because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Not sure about PC but at least he brings awareness to transgenderism. But like I said why does the right get so triggered about it? Are they being forced to watch it? And why do they complain about under 1 percent of the population? And why tell us that it's "leftist" thing? I can list things to complain about people on the right.

you need to step outside your assumptions. you have proof its not just the right or the left so maybe try to be non partisan and take a look at whats being pushed in the video

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Who decides which mental defects are acceptable and which aren't? "do what feels right, pedophile murder addict"

Shill Nye the psuedo social sciences guy?

Ran out of money, so he panders to CHILDREN, who are confused by [redacted] media which portrays childish nonsense, such as unnatural useage of the 'F' word, as "adult content". Bill Nye, Lil Wayne, Kim Kardashian, all the same.

edit on 26-4-2017 by BigBangWasAnEcho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Idolatry:

excessive or blind adoration, reverence, devotion, etc.

www.dictionary.com...

. to make a god of; exalt to the rank of a deity; personify as a deity :

www.dictionary.com...

Two words that come to mind. Yay Science!.

I pass.

Science is like any other tool.

Just remember it is just a tool.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

hah! i thought exactly of that when seeing this thread
they call ufology pseudoscience and them themselves know nothing about real science

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

AKA: the worst bs to ever happen to humanity

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

i have seen s#it on 4chan that is more clean
good luck turning into the best scientist on the world now BILL!

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

not that
"""""science"""""

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

i dont have a political direction, i hate politics
the only way to solve all of humanitys problems is........
NUKE FREAKING EVERTHING !1!!1!"!11!!11!!!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Bill Nye is an idiot.

Mr. Wizard taught science, he didn't push an agenda.

Bill Nye: I like to remind everybody science is political. This idea that scientists are above the fray, they're neutral and so on, is not the whole story. We want our regulations and our laws to be consistent with the discoveries we found about nature through the process of science. And in the U.S. Constitution, in article 1 section 8, it refers to "the progress of science and the useful arts." Useful arts, I think, is what you would call engineering now. And so that's in the Constitution.

So what I just tell everybody science is political. It's not partisan, but it's political. It's not red or blue. It just is. But when you find things that are true, when is means is, then that's what you want to respect. That's what you want to use to make policies. Not some policy that's inconsistent with science.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

So many triggered conservatives here. LOL. And they tell us we're the special snowflakes in need of safe spaces?

It's quite hilarious, isn't it? I didn't really understand the concept of triggering until I started seeing conservatives get bent out of shape about anything that runs counter to today's republican orthodoxy.

I'm sure they would disagree that they're not being triggered, you see. Rather, they are being activated to enlighten us via twitter, or some other nonsense.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
wow, haha, this bill nye guy is soooooo ``edgy`` and ``provocative``. haha, you know the irony too -- some indian guy wearing western clothes telling me race doesn't exist then lecturing white people on cultural appropriation. haha. funny.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: icanteven

So many triggered conservatives here. LOL. And they tell us we're the special snowflakes in need of safe spaces?

It's quite hilarious, isn't it? I didn't really understand the concept of triggering until I started seeing conservatives get bent out of shape about anything that runs counter to today's republican orthodoxy.

I'm sure they would disagree that they're not being triggered, you see. Rather, they are being activated to enlighten us via twitter, or some other nonsense.

id like to ask u how many people said they were republicans. its just an assumption being made. i am not one. the person he was going back and forth with says they are a liberal so again theres evidence that its not just one side. but srsly find the posters who said they are a republican and dont like bill nye.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
my sex junk oh, oh, oh. so funny i tell ya. can't stop laughing over here. i mean the indian guy says ``asians stop convincing white people it's real`` but like most white people don't believe that stuff, haha -- 'cause using rhino horns to treat ed is an asian thing.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

Look no further than Fox News, Breitbart and their audience.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Look no further than Fox News, Breitbart and their audience.

that has absolutely nothing to do with this thread which is full of the people they were referencing in their posts. so try again
edit on 26-4-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Uh it's a safe assumption that those people "triggered" by this are Fox conservatives. Why would centrists and independents even care?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join