It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Nye Saves the world, YAY Science

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   
That was real?

Well I've not liked Bill Nye since 9/11.

GFY.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   
So many triggered conservatives here. LOL. And they tell us we're the special snowflakes in need of safe spaces?

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Apparently it's a joke that I am not getting.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

It's okay.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I'm down for social justice and being politically correct, but Nye gives a pretentious vibe, like he's teaching the stuff he does because he's ashamed people "don't know", when in reality they just don't care as much as him.

The icecream video tilts me. The message should be vanilla isn't so bad even though he's a controlling prick, and they all have bad qualities that are overlooked. Someone truly considerate would be vanilla for a day, and understand the difference between that and themselves. Teen Titans nails this perfect, as part of the education of the show is the various identities take on each others personas as a consistent theme.
edit on 26-4-2017 by Mordekaiser because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Ugh.

If "Bill Nye The Not-So-Science Guy" is your shining example of a 'scientist'... is it any wonder the world is such a dumbed-down disaster waiting to happen ??

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

That's it? Idiocracy in action? Sure it's ok.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Are you forced to watch it?

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   

I sort of was. My pre-conclusion was similar to Sponge and I'm liberal. It has click-bait all over it, with convenience in timing with the science rallies, and known person lacking science knowledge, but known for science itself, with a political agenda message- this is for ez moni.

"Treat each other well" isn't SCIENCE.

But hey I agree with the message even in it's crappy veil. I just wouldn't do this or present it that way.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Mordekaiser

Like how Fox News site is a click bait?

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Like how Fox News site is a click bait?

If 'visual click bait' were a thing, Fox is next level when it comes to television.

I just told you I'm liberal, you think I don't laugh at Fox news?

Fox still deliverers information though, my point is this is propaganda completely(and obviously for money), and when it comes to being propaganda for money, it's hard to beat Fox. Maybe not in your opinion, that's the feeling I got however. Worse than Fox.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   

I know you told me you're a liberal. I am one myself. The point is people is making this issue bipartisan. And no Fox doesn't deliver information. You should read Todd Starnes' pieces. They're hilarious.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   

I know you told me you're a liberal. I am one myself. The point is people is making this issue bipartisan. And no Fox doesn't deliver information. You should read Todd Starnes' pieces. They're hilarious.

Fox is an enormous reporting affiliate, the majority of it's network are actually good people, while the rest are scum.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Sure you're a liberal?

What do you think about Breitbart?

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Sure you're a liberal?

What do you think about Breitbart?

So you disagree? The point is Fox has the coordination of a Highschool AV crew compared to CNN. If money weren't a thing; 'Fox' would be thousands of local independents. CNN operates very differently than this. Each has advantages, and disadvantages.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   

CNN is biased to the left and Fox News is biased to the right.
The only unbiased news are probably the AP and BBC. Seriously you can't see that Fox News are very biased? Even as a liberal?

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Yes I can, I'm just pointing out what you consider to be Fox isn't actually, the majority of Fox.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   

The point here is that people on the right is making this a liberal issue and claiming that Bill Nye is our hero even though some on the right like him.
It's retarded really.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   

The point here is that people on the right is making this a liberal issue and claiming that Bill Nye is our hero even though some on the right like him.
It's retarded really.

Yes. That part is dumb. But so is Nye. He's an easy target for you, for him to be on the Left. This is what they're talking about when they're rudely speaking to us all this way; like we're all like Bill Nye. Yes, it's wrong to blanket the left like that, but I say lets examine this case while Nye mixes two things that shouldn't be- Science and Political Correctness.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join