It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Night Shadows

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Laying in bed as a 14 15 year old contemplating meditation for the first time upon hearing a few stories around the fire that filled me with curiosity. My childhood partner in crime and relative in blood was sound asleep on the floor a few meters from me as i attempted to still my mind and remain aware while doing so.
Soon enough i was distracted from myself as i became overwhelmed by a foreign feeling permeating from a particular area in my room as if something was focusing on me and being at the age full with naive confidence I beckoned this presence in thought, as it offended my current peaceful state and nearly instantly regretted it. my mind issued out something along the lines of (come at me!? and, who are you?!) that's a bad way of recounting the reaction but the best i can articulate the strong feeling i threw at this thing.
Immediately after i *mentally challenged*, as if in some show of power i was utterly frozen and my arms both pulled themselves up horizontally like a T, my heart started beating so heavily that when i lowered my eyes i could see each pump bouncing my whole chest up which made me think it was going to explode. straight after, my eyes went dark and started to uncontrollably blink at a terrifying rate, I remember trying to move my arms and sit up to no avail and this is about the point that my stance on the matter changed as i was indeed willing to throw in the towel.
i wouldn't say i begged, but in the midst of the things i just explained, I'd prefer to say i was released, at extreme and sincere personal request. I got up jumped over the deep sleeping tom and ran to the other side of the house where my parents sleep. They didn't really want to talk about it but gave me some peace of mind.
edit on 25-4-2017 by apexmussel because: paragraphs give structure

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Split your posts into paragraphs, more people will take the time to read it if you do.
a reply to: apexmussel

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I used to see "night shadows"
In a dark room, almost a cloud of even darker area an the room. Never knew if it was something, or just my eyes playing tricks on me.
One of the scariest things that ever happened to me, is when I was almost asleep and one of the figures jumped at my head.
I could almost feel it push me back. To this day, I don't know if I was nodding off and beginning to dream or if was some kind of entity. Needless to say, I didn't sleep well that night.

A lot of what your describing sounds like sleep paralysis.
I have experienced this once, about a year ago. It is extremely scary.
Apparently, it happens at least once to most people.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

Hey Top Cat,
Yeah it would be hard to tell if what you're describing is just darkness or not but for something to jump out like that is interesting.

The title may be a bit misleading as i didn't physically see anything, I thought it was a good way of describing whatever happened as whatever it was, was in the darkness.
and yeah i did some research on sleep paralysis and can say it sounds very possible! with similar symptoms, but wouldn't it have required for me to be asleep? i had only just really got into bed and was by no means close to drifting off.

edit on 25-4-2017 by apexmussel because: fix

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Very strange indeed.
When I had the sleep paralysis, I was just about to doze off.
Pretty sure that's when it usually happens to people.

The question here is, was there an abnormal entity holding you?
Or was it something in your head. The brain is very powerful and can work agaisnt people without them knowing it.
One thing to learn from this, is not to challenge something that might be other-worldly

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Could be sleep paralysis as another member said, could have been a non physical entity or it could have been a siezure. The reason I bring up seizures is the rapid eye blinking and uncontrolled muscle movements that you experienced could be a tale tell sign.

Have you had any other experiences with any of the above or a medical condition that could lead to seizures? Last of all some drugs medicinal or otherwise can lead to seizures as well.

Not that I don't believe your story, I do, I have seen and experienced enough things in my life to know Not to rule anything out. Its just a matter of ruling out the possible and plausible before jumping to any conclusion.

Best wishes Crim

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: crimsongod21

Hey Crim Thanks for the reply!

I've experienced what they call sleep paralysis twice I believe, waking up at night in a confused state and unable to move as well as being gripped by an unexplainable fear, the reason I posted this is because I'm as sure I wasn't asleep or falling asleep as I'm confident I didn't have a seizure of some kind.
Unfortunately I've been able to witness a few seizures first hand, from what I've seen the person recedes into their subconscious, while the body convulses and tries to breath. As if there is a glitch inside the brain, they wouldn't remember a thing afterwards.

I don't know if there are seizures that produce different effects that maybe you could be fully conscious throughout? which would make it a possibility, but in saying that I've never experienced one before.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

That is indeed the question.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I used to wake up, feeling "the stare". Fully conscious, would open my eyes to either the black cloud, hat man, the mini copter, spiders dangling from the fan, or a single giant spider, all of which would retreat to the corner of the room before dematerializing. Infected waking thoughts. Never paralyzed, sent me running into the yard shaking spiders out of my blanket dozens of times. Only in one home I lived did these events take place, , with no fear of spiders or spy drones on my mind..

It is what it is.
edit on 27-4-2017 by BigBangWasAnEcho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o

I used to see "night shadows"
In a dark room, almost a cloud of even darker area an the room. Never knew if it was something, or just my eyes playing tricks on me.
One of the scariest things that ever happened to me, is when I was almost asleep and one of the figures jumped at my head.
I could almost feel it push me back. To this day, I don't know if I was nodding off and beginning to dream or if was some kind of entity. Needless to say, I didn't sleep well that night.

A lot of what your describing sounds like sleep paralysis.
I have experienced this once, about a year ago. It is extremely scary.
Apparently, it happens at least once to most people.

I see Dark Shadows in my Room as well. I see them and I think I caught them on tape when I set up my video recorder but it was to difficult to tell if it was just glare on my Laptop screen so i discarded it. But the other night I had a random Bloody Noise late at night and when it stopped i noticed these "Shadows" moving around in my room. I just sat in my Bed observing them they didnt freak me out. I was just marking down there movement patterns.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

When you mentioned patterns, it reminded me that one thing that I noticed, is that most of the time, they moved in the same repetitive patterns over and over again. That's when I realized it was most likely my eyes playing tricks on me.

I would only get freaked out if they moved in unpredictable ways.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o
a reply to: Stevemagegod

When you mentioned patterns, it reminded me that one thing that I noticed, is that most of the time, they moved in the same repetitive patterns over and over again. That's when I realized it was most likely my eyes playing tricks on me.

I would only get freaked out if they moved in unpredictable ways.

Ya same here. The Pattern movements i observed were very basic in that they moved up and down, up and down never moving to far from each other. I observed them in Bed while trying to make the night time Bloody Nose plug up. I get a ton of EVPs in my room so im not surprised in the least bit that I see Shadow People in my Room.

new topics

top topics

join