It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Story from North Korea. Wars can be avoided by understanding the other point of view.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
It was a pleasant Saturday night. Mother and Father reading by candle flame. Their Son was completing his homework. He liked getting it out of the way early so he would have the weekend free.

But the question he wanted to ask his father was still around and it bothered him. He knew it would bother him until he asked the question but it was a big question for a 12 year old boy to ask.

He put down his pencil and just thought about it. As usual there were no new thoughts and so, with a sigh, he went to his father and completely out of character, sat in his father’s lap.

Being out of character was necessary to get his father to understand the significance of his question. The tactic paid immediate dividends as his father put down his book and gave his son a huge bear hug saying, “You have finally decided to ask your question!” Hugging some more, the father continued, “Go ahead. Questions should always be asked with ease. Go ahead son.”

“Why does the rest of the world hate us?”

His Father answered, “Only because we want our country back. I will explain properly tomorrow.”

Early the next day, Father and son set off on a bicycle ride. Father had borrowed a bicycle for the day so his son could ride. They rode for much of the morning until an army truck passed them and stopped. When asked where they were going, the father answered simply, “I am teaching my son. He is twelve.”

The soldiers all nodded sagely and in short order, the father, son and the bicycles were in the truck driving down the road.

They stopped a few hours later and the Father, Son and bicycles were offloaded amid the Father’s thanks. They rode to a small hill, set the bicycles against a tree and sat down on the rough grass. They were overlooking a huge plain.

The Son knew this vista from photos he had seen at school. He was actually looking at the DMZ, the buffer zone between North and South Korea.

The Father started speaking. “Decades ago, Korea was one country with one people. Occasionally, we were beset with war and turmoil as other nations tried to subdue us. Then the much hated Japanese Empire took Korea. The Korean military retreated into our most Northern Mountains to continue the fight.

“The Japanese did terrible things. They took all of our young girls and sent them to their soldiers as sex slaves. They conducted experiments on our people, killing tens of thousands. It was a horrible time.

“Eventually the hated Empire was defeated by Russia and the American Empire. In 1945 Korea’s independence was declared by the world at a conference in a place called Potsdam. But sadly, it meant nothing. America did not leave and in 1946, the Americans drew a line and divided Korea.

“They took our most fertile land, leaving us in the North with only small areas of land to grow crops. We have suffered from occasional famine because of this. Millions of our people have died this way. Everything you see Son, all the way to the ocean was once our land.

“Then the Americans put in place a puppet Government to rule South Korea. They did not abduct our young girls, they did far worse than the Japanese, turning many into whores who serviced their men for a small coin. They have turned our people in the South into a strange parody of themselves.

“In 1950, we tried to take back our land, but the Americans called on their puppets from all over the world and against such odds, we did not prevail. Much is owed to the Chinese who sent in enough men to bolster our defences and a stalemate ensued.

“Remember this always Son, the only countries that America does not bomb and invade are those armed with the Atomic Bomb. That is why we have these weapons, it is the only defence against such power.

“One day perhaps, we will unite Korea, but right now, we are always on the brink of open warfare. The Korean War was not lost, it was paused in a stalemate. We are strong now! But not strong enough yet.

The Father smiled and continued, “Unless they wish to take us now for should they attack, they will pay in their own blood and it will soak the fields for ever. The entirety of what you can see, all the way to Seoul is covered by tens of thousands of artillery weapons with enough ammunition to lay waste to our enemies.

edit on 24/4/2017 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

link   
“Sadly, our two worst enemies, Japan and America are together and one day they will be crushed.”

There was silence for a while and then the Son looked up at the Father he loved and said, “Then each generation must stand ready to fight and when it is my turn, I will fight!”

The Father hugged his Son saying, “Son, you make me a very proud Father.”

edit on 24/4/2017 by pheonix358 because: It takes time to write.

link   
The other point of view is something that must be considered. All of the posters that want war ...

YOU FIRST!

You go and charge into NK. But no, you sit at your keyboards and want others to die. If the Korean War goes into full heat, your loved ones will get sent over there to die,

Why does the US always have to provoke warfare.

The answer is simple, to continue to feed the Military Industrial Monster.

Money, money, money.

If this goes off, Seoul will be destroyed and likely, much of Japan.

NK can reach that far with ease and with thousands of missiles.

Note to Mods. Yes, this does belong in this Forum. It does NOT belong in Short Stories

P

edit on 24/4/2017 by pheonix358 because: It takes time to write.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358
The country will be united again soon, just not under a false God king. The citizens of an evil empire typically are not aware, that they are part of the evil empire. They just enjoy the fruits of its crimes against humanity.

This goes for both sides. But my side is my side, and whether its wrong or right, we will win.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
The country will be united again soon, just not under a false God king. The citizens of an evil empire typically are not aware, that they are part of the evil empire. They just enjoy the fruits of its crimes against humanity.

This goes for both sides. But my side is my side, and whether its wrong or right, we will win.

Yes you will. But the cost is a lot higher than you want to pay. Not financial although they may just surprise you. You will suffer in lives. The losses, of your men and women will be extreme.

P

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
In reality when the son asked his father why the world hates them, he would have slapped his kid. Said son watch what you say do as your told and eat your rice ball. Dad wheres the chicken? Another slap. Be grateful for what you have. Watch your mouth and keep quite or we may get sent to a work camp for speaking out of turn. Finish eating and get dressed. Supreme leader has summoned everyone to the sports stadium to watch the Supreme leaders uncle be mauled to death by starving dogs. Make sure you applaud when it happens and cheer enthusiastically as the dogs rip him apart. If you look weak someone may notice and report you. Understand. The son just nodded.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Actually someone said there are ways Fat Boy can subjugate South Korea to his will.

The conventional wisdom is that North Korea, with half of the South’s population and a fraction of its economy, cannot hope to defeat the South. Myers thinks they’re much closer to winning the Korean War than most of us are willing to believe, and I think he’s right about that:

The stars are aligning very nicely for the strategy [Kim Jong-un] inherited from his father. Just as North Korea is perfecting its nuclear weaponry, China has acquired the economic power to punish South Korea for improving its missile defenses. Opinion polls in the South now strongly favor the left-wing presidential candidate Mun Jae-in, who in 2011 expressed hope for the speedy realization of a North–South confederation. If he or anyone else from the nationalist left takes over, years of South Korean accommodation of the North will ensue, complete with massive unconditional aid.

This went on under George W. Bush, and the alliance survived. Donald Trump, however, is much less likely to allow an ostensible ally to subvert UN sanctions while paying tributary visits to Pyongyang. And Kim Jong-un knows this. He knows that whatever security guarantees Trump gave to Seoul were made to the current conservative administration only. So Kim Jong-un has a better chance than his father did of pressuring the alliance to a breaking point. With China’s support he can pull a left-wing South Korean administration in one way while pushing the Americans in another.

Having lived in South Korea for the past 15 years, I don’t share most Americans’ confidence that it will always choose America over a North-supporting China. My own impression—bolstered by the ongoing controversy surrounding the stationing of the THAAD missile defense system—is that a growing number of South Koreans would rather see their state’s security compromised than risk their own prosperity.

And here's an Ominous threat from Fat Boy's granddaddy

“If they listen to us, and a confederation is established, South Korea will be done with."

freekorea.us...[editby ]edit on 4/24/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Propaganda, not even at its finest. It was fine with the world when little kimmy behaved. Now he's flexing his small muscles and needs a slap down. NK can't reach the USA, and there rockets are on par with Chinese bottle rockets

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Actually, the losses of men and women will be bore mostly by South Korea, Thailand, Philippines, Japan and then to a lesser extent, USA, Australia, and Canada. The Empire of the Ocean does not just control the skies, it now controls space as well.

Listen, I would rather not have this happen honestly. But its going to happen whether or not I, or you, or either of our grandmothers wills against it. So pick your side, and support it. Just make sure you pick the winning side, because there will be no neutral this go around.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

Click here!

Why not do some reading and understand one thing. no one has defenses against massed artillery attacks, no one.

Seoul will be annihilated in the opening hours.

Japan will take hundreds of missile strikes. Some will get through. I hope they will not be aimed at Japans Nuclear Power Plants but I suspect they will be the aiming point.

You have no idea what is coming. Winter is near.

P

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   
The democratically elected South Korean president is in jail. The Deep State of South Korea is ready to sacrifice Seoul, since they know it is not a legit nuke target. I have this feeling Japan will get that honor, again. Rebuilding Seoul years down the road will keep people employed and produce great annual returns for investors from explosive growth for years to come.

You need to remember to think in terms of $$$, as that is the primary driving factor here. And yes, Australia will be very involved, so you really should not be smiling. Its actually going to involve your friends and family more than mine.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Your story, while heartwarming lacks some ctitical facts.

NK's leadership and constitution were installed by Stalin - not exactly known as a man of tolerance and freedom
    South Korea has followed Japan to wealth and success through hard work and trade.
    North Korea has hookers too.
    South Koreans have a right to self determinatiom too

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

The story stands on its own. It is not missing anything.

I completely agree that SK has a right to self determination.

So ... don't start the fireworks. Do not light the fuse.

WTF does the US think will happen every time it has these war exercises.

Always poking the little guys, trying to get a reaction.

They are as bad as each other.

Look into the history of SK since the US invaded. The US has had to work hard to suppress SK's desires. Just list the times their military has taken control by ousting an elected Government.

The MSM play it one way. Look to both sides for understanding.

P

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Pretty sure the average to above average North Korean knows 0.001% of the outaide world. They are told they live in paradise while we live in hell.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasyeti
In reality when the son asked his father why the world hates them, he would have slapped his kid. Said son watch what you say do as your told and eat your rice ball. Dad wheres the chicken? Another slap. Be grateful for what you have. Watch your mouth and keep quite or we may get sent to a work camp for speaking out of turn. Finish eating and get dressed. Supreme leader has summoned everyone to the sports stadium to watch the Supreme leaders uncle be mauled to death by starving dogs. Make sure you applaud when it happens and cheer enthusiastically as the dogs rip him apart. If you look weak someone may notice and report you. Understand. The son just nodded.

You see that is the difference between you in the west and usa and us in the real free world. We share the little bit we have with those who have less than us. If that mean we all go to bed hunger, then it is fine at least we all had something to eat. If we do not understand we ask and we get answers. Not attitude. When someone is in trouble we help, not to get back anything but because we were helped too some time in oir lives. You in the west can not understand this as you do not know real suffering. You do not understand the meaning of compassion, pride and the family unit. You only understand me me me me me me me me me me.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
Your story, while heartwarming lacks some ctitical facts.

NK's leadership and constitution were installed by Stalin - not exactly known as a man of tolerance and freedom
    South Korea has followed Japan to wealth and success through hard work and trade.
    North Korea has hookers too.
    South Koreans have a right to self determinatiom too

If south korea got a right to self determination than leave them to themselfs. They aint self determined now. They are a slave to usa policy

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Who has actually broken the armistice on several occasions?

The USA is little more than a pretty body builder flexing his muscles in public - ie all show and of very little substance. North Korea on the other hand has shown on many occasions it is prepared to actually strike.

The world might have a little more sympathy for NK if it were interested in feeding its own citizens. But it has adopted a military first policy to ensure it's troops are fed while the farmers starve.

I don't advocate shooting first, but I say we should not budge an inch with them until the God awful Kim dynasty is dethroned.

edit on 25-4-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   

edit on 25-4-2017 by markosity1973 because: double post, please delete

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

How do you figure?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: therealfreeworld

originally posted by: texasyeti

You see that is the difference between you in the west and usa and us in the real free world. We share the little bit we have with those who have less than us. If that mean we all go to bed hunger, then it is fine at least we all had something to eat. If we do not understand we ask and we get answers. Not attitude. When someone is in trouble we help, not to get back anything but because we were helped too some time in oir lives. You in the west can not understand this as you do not know real suffering. You do not understand the meaning of compassion, pride and the family unit. You only understand me me me me me me me me me me.

Real free world?

So you live in Antarctica? No one is free, if one lives under a government these days.

The North and South Koreans, The Chinese, the people of the Philippines, the Japanese, the Russians, and Europeans, Australians, and Americans; None of us are free.

However, in every country you dare visit, even here in America you can find good people.

"Those with little, give much." is not an unknown thing to even us Americans. Seems you judge, just as much as you accuse us of doing.

The ones to blame for what is coming are in the shadows, and their names are unknown to us. They are the ones pushing for blood and suffering.

It is not the peasants and the little peoples running the shows. None of us at the bottom are much different from each other, either.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join