It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Trump return Crimea to Ukraine?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I think there is a way. But it would be costly. Currently, there are 2.5 million Russian citizens in Crimea. What Trump can do is drop all sanctions and pay each of them 1 million dollars to move to the Russian mainland. That would come out to 2.5 trillion dollars. Expensive but doable. What do you think?

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Why? What business is it of the USA's if Crimea is under the leadership of the Ukraine or of Moscow? I sure as hell don't see any sense in paying so much as one cent of US taxpayer funds towards it either way.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
I think there is a way. But it would be costly. Currently, there are 2.5 million Russian citizens in Crimea. What Trump can do is drop all sanctions and pay each of them 1 million dollars to move to the Russian mainland. That would come out to 2.5 trillion dollars. Expensive but doable. What do you think?

You crazy Americans.

You just have no idea of what being a sovereign state means.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Or we could use 2.5 trillion dollars to fix the Healthcare and education system.

You know, instead of meddling in foreign affairs that don't concern the taxpayers.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

W could fix quite a bit of some American issues for $2,500,000,000,000 . Why on Earth would you think it makes sense to funnel that money to non-Americans?? No, Crimea will not leave Russia again until the day there is no Russia, which will probably be the same time period when there is no more USA either.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
It is all about Russia needing a deep port for it's Black Sea fleet.

Russia returned Crimea in the first place under the strict understanding that they would still operate their fleet from out of the port.

CIA tried to stuff that up because they do not want Russia to have a capable fleet in the Black Sea.

Russia responded as they were always going to respond and re-took Crimea.

Crimea would still be in Ukraine if the CIA had not meddled.

But hey ... listen to how your media portrays the situation.

P

edit on 24/4/2017 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
You got a better shot at returning Alaska to Russia.

Sorry burd

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The horse has already bolted my friend.

With the confirmation that Russia is now supplying arms to the Taliban we can now definitively say that the window of opportunity for the USA and Russia to reconcile has closed.

There was more riding on Trump being able to get along with Putin than people realise. And it failed because the US media and deep state are too belligerent to admit that getting along with Russia is safer than risking millions of lives around the world like we are seeing now with Syria, North Korea and Afghanistan.
edit on 24-4-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Have Obama hit up all his liberal friends to fix his problem.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

Sounds like the perfect crackpot idea !!

The awards committee is determining the size of the trophy.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I have a friend that migrated from the Crimea region, he says that his family that still lives there wants to be part of Russia. Should it not be the people of Crimeas choice, they didn't seem to put up much if any of a fight to stop it from happening.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Jdubious

Ukrainian army in Crimea joined the Russian army. Only 2 guys died in the takeover.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I mean, yes. But why? It'd just lead to possible war and it'd be a waste of money.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Now, if I can sneak into Crimea and learn to speak Russian, I could get a millian bucks with a fake Russian ID. Hey, give me some time to learn to speak Russian before doing this.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Theres this little matter of a Russian fleet at Sevastopol, Crimea. Everyone pretends this isn't the goal all along.

Denying the Russian access to the Black Sea is the big prize. When you hear about Ukraine, Kiev, Eastern Ukraine, and Crimea, just think Sevastopol.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Mabey the time has come to fix America and not the rest of the world?

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Mabey the time has come to fix America and not the rest of the world?

Or maybe we are getting dangerously close to not recognizing the need to fix ourselves before we overextend in the world.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
What a stupid idea.. In case you didn't realise america is up to its eye balls in debt.. and your suggesting to add another 2.5 trillion to it?
Think you need to fix some issues at home before giving money away like that..

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

That was the first thought that came to mind when i saw the headline of the OP. Why? It's none of his,or America's business.The American government cannot keep spending like there's no tomorrow,and even worse,spending the money on matters that is none of their business in the first place,like this type of thing for instance.
edit on 25-4-2017 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Are you on crack?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join