It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happier than ever.

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I turned off the news, stopped searching for problems in the world, and guess what? Things got better.

SJW's and bigots and such don't exist in the real world- Oh, sure, the media will disproportionately represent the .00000001% - But that's not the reality I live in, and I'd wager it's not yours, either ( Unless you live in a big city, those places are hell )

So, my advice - Turn off the news.

Good luck.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I'm with you on that, i sometimes go a couple days without listening/watching or reading the news even don't look here for a day or two each week.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Me too!

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Great to hear... well thought and passionate people deserve that kind of peace! I still remind myself to be thankful for being able to fall numb to divide... I hope similar paths await you.

I have read it many times here, but till don't even know what a SJW is... hahaha. No need to explain... I'm sure it's a word of divide which is meaningless to me.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Thats pretty cool.

I've just looked outside and its snowing!!!!!!

That's fairy strange for the UK this time of year. At first I thought it was fallout from North Korea but naaaah its real snow.

(Not the violent snow like on the news hehehe).

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I've been fishing for the last 4 days myself. ahhhh.... mother nature.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I need to practice what you just preached...thank you

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
I turned off the news, stopped searching for problems in the world, and guess what? Things got better.

SJW's and bigots and such don't exist in the real world- Oh, sure, the media will disproportionately represent the .00000001% - But that's not the reality I live in, and I'd wager it's not yours, either ( Unless you live in a big city, those places are hell )

So, my advice - Turn off the news.

Good luck.

You are somewhat correct.
Turning off all the news that does not directly affect you is a good practice, since most is fear mongering and manipulation of various sorts.
Tried that for awhile, and very much agree with you!

Some of us have larger Perspectives, and are capable of seeing larger pictures.
Knowing what is going on it the world, or, knowing what is reported to be going on in the world, after critical examination, provides more pieces to put together a larger picture of Reality.
It's like looking at the city from the front door of the skyscraper vs looking at the city from the penthouse.
Thus, all is Known.

For people becoming enturbulated over the news, your suggestion is great!
Alternatively is to learn to never 'believe' anything that you read or think, then the manipulations and the lies cannot affect you. *__-

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
ATS is my news source. My hubby keeps an eye every day or 2 on local news here in my country. One has to keep an eye on things,imo. When i was a child i had a much beloved aunt who told me: "Every day,you must read the newspaper,it is Crucial to always know what is happening in the world." She was very serious about that,it made a lasting impression. Even my 10yo son knows more of what is happening globally than most local adults,he knows it best to keep a bit of an eye on things.

top topics

join