It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Poll Finds Record Number Of Americans Want More Government In Their Lives

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

What percentage of the 300 million American citizens have had their lives "destroyed" by corporations?

Can I include all the folks addicted to prescribed drugs?

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I think it only fair to put forth the question "Who are the people that answer these polls?"

Back in the days when I had a land line I was inundated with calls from pollsters. Never once did I answer any polls. Who in the heck in their right mind would when you know there's a good chance of DHLS, NSA or any of the other numerous alphabet agencies monitoring the polls and that every time you turn around "mental health experts" are declaring anything but "acceptably mainstream" opinions as a sign of threatening behavior. If you want less government chances are that you could be a terror risk.

Oh crap, I mentioned alphabet agencies. Oh well, probably on that list already.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

all the government freebies that the Obama administration invented, and enhanced

Of course people want government to help them because the corporations have destroyed their lives.

What percentage of the 300 million American citizens have had their lives "destroyed" by corporations?

Destroyed ?

Improved.

Job,house,car,smartphone,tv,clothes,food.

I digress.

Things that are in short supply in Venezuela.
edit on 24-4-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

No the argument is if x isn't paying income taxes Y has exactly zero right to be saying a damn word.

No, it's not.

The question was: Why should the rich (and corporations) pay less than most others who make less?

Asked and answered.

Which you didn't answer, but attempted to deflect by changing the argument.

Your non-answers and deflection are the example of partisan deflection in typical fashion.

The other question, which you didn't answer, was, why should we not be good stewards of our planet?

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SirHardHarry

Which you ignore the FACT that 77.5 million people pay exactly ZERO tax.

Move on.

77.5 million households do not pay federal individual income tax

Don't ignore it.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Can I include all the folks addicted to prescribed drugs?

Nope! Some are able to remain pain-free while being a contributing member to society. I have a cousin who had 2 knee replacements. She's hooked on the pain-killers, but without them, she'd be an unemployed, miserable wreck.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

There you go again.

The snowflake argument, "Well they don't so why should we! Wahh."

77.5 million people pay exactly ZERO tax.

How many of those live below the poverty threshold? How many are rich corps who use loops to avoid paying ANY taxes?

Questions still unanswered:

Why should the rich and corporations pay less than those who make far less and pay?

Why should we not be good stewards of our planet?

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
A quote from the article.....

America was founded as a place where people take responsibility for themselves.

Yeah, that got thrown out the window years ago as Americans became all comfy and stuff.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

....while being a contributing member to society.

I think I just scratched a hole in my head.

You guys are a confusing bunch. Do you want collectivism or do you not?

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Who here wants more government in their lives?
Just say me.
Don't say why.
Just stand up and say you want more government in your life.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden
Just say me.
Don't say why.

Nobody wants more government, but I honestly think some need more "governing" than others.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

Soooo, let's get this straight. The Mainstream media, i.e. those that push for globalism and bigger government, are reporting that most of the citizens in the U.S. actually want the government to be even bigger.

And we're supposed to believe them?

the same media that had polls saying Hillary was going to win the election, lol, all the media polls are fake, why do people even give media polls any credibility anymore?

I swear most people have the memory span of a gold fish, it`s only been 6 months since the election and all those fake polls that said Hillary was going to win and people have already forgot about that and are eating up more media fake polls.
edit on 24-4-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden
Just say me.
Don't say why.

The celebrities who promised on a stack of Bibles to leave the USA after Trump got elected, wanted more government in their lives. Trump was too "free enterprise" oriented. How many of those morons actually moved away, I wonder?

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Polls find that a majority of Americans want "free" healthcare too, but it's funny how much that erodes when you start asking them how much in increased taxes they're willing to pay for that "free" care.

In other words, everyone wants "free" health care. Shoot! I want "free" health care, but that's impossible. Doesn't change that it'd be nice though. Ask someone if they'd like to have it, and they'll almost always say "yes."

So as with everything of this nature, the devil is in the details which could be anything.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The average person is lazy and dumb, it doesn't surprise me they want more government in their life. If they understood it would mean less freedom and more taxes, maybe they would be smart enough to change their mind, but I'm not so sure.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

How Many of these Useless Idiots Voted more than Once in that Poll ? This Story is Not in the Same Ballpark with Reality , the Exact Opposite is more of a Truth than this Garbage .

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

everything you post is BS.
Glad you think so. You want a cookie?

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Whatever percentage includes everyone bankrupted, poisoned, or killed by big business. Hell, cigarettes alone include tens of millions of people.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Polls find that a majority of Americans want "free" healthcare too, but it's funny how much that erodes when you start asking them how much in increased taxes they're willing to pay for that "free" care.

I don't recall ever being asked that question.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

That is because the "57"% that you mention
in your statistic are not part of the "43"%
who are contributing in one form or another.
For instance, if "heinz" 57 received as many
questions and requests on a daily basis
as "grey poupon" 43, well they might have a
different opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join