It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Is Sending Weapons To Taliban, Top U.S. General Confirms

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

You know the U. S Is the biggest arms dealer on the planet? Where do you think all the weapons they sell end up?

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Karmas a bitch!

Whats goes around comes around!

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
.....but selling arms to Saudi Arabia to bomb the bejeebus out of Yemen is ok.

Also at this point I dont believe anything any politician,spook or General says anymore

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Who said that was okay?

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Its the hipocracy like a prostitute lecturing a junkie on ethics.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: SaturnFX

Because we essentially created the Taliban to fight the USSR?

Bingo-ish...taliban is the soviet killing device

A bit like insects funding Raid pest control.
edit on 24-4-2017 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Maybe folks are to young to remember we (USA) were arming and funding the Mujahadeen in Afghanistan throughout the 70s and 80s against the Russians.

Im not being pro Russian so much as duh.
edit on 24-4-2017 by BlueJacket because: sp

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Maybe folks are to young to remember we (USA) were arming and funding the Mujahadeen in Afghanistan throughout the 70s and 80s against the Russians.

Im not being pro Russian so much as duh.

War games

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

it's getting too difficult to keep track of all the events currently going on in the world.

all this craziness is making my head dizzy.

Look within for guidance your Higher Self may be relaying instinctive data to you...

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY

originally posted by: Tardacus
tit for tat, the U.S. is supporting and arming ISIS in Syria so the Russians figure why not arm and support the Taliban in Afghanistan.

THIS^^^^

In other words it means nothing.

Sadly for the human lives lost in between this may be true.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Dualism or non Dualism?
What is really going on... here?

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Given US has already admitted it created the taliban to destroy the old soviet union it would be what one called pay back, no.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: glend
How does one pay themselves back for self hatred of themselves? Species speaking, or is the end result/payback basically species suicide?
1 wonders...

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

One word explains the all the trickle down affects and plays of war in Afghanistan... that word is, OPIUM.

www.businessinsider.com...-201000-hectares-under-cultivation-wa s-the-third-highest-amount-recorded-since-1994-only-exceeded-by-the-224000-hectares-reported-in-2014-and-the-209000-hectares-registered-in-2013-1[/exn ews]

If not reading the link, at least look at the graph in the article... notice a particular year of which the drastic shift occurred?

edit on 24-4-2017 by ttobban because: bad link

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

I was hoping my response would trigger reflection of past wrongs. But you are certainly right, two negatives don't produce a positive. These wars of greed and power do not help any of us.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Probably true but...

A senior U.S. military official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss intelligence on the issue, said

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban
Understood.
Felt personally it was more minerals related-

By JAMES RISEN

June 13, 2010

WASHINGTON — The United States has discovered nearly $1 trillion in untapped mineral deposits in Afghanistan, far beyond any previously known reserves and enough to fundamentally alter the Afghan economy and perhaps the Afghan war itself, according to senior American government officials.

The previously unknown deposits — including huge veins of iron, copper, cobalt, gold and critical industrial metals like lithium — are so big and include so many minerals that are essential to modern industry that Afghanistan could eventually be transformed into one of the most important mining centers in the world, the United States officials believe.

originally posted by: glend

These wars of greed and power do not help any of us.

Accepted

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I can agree that minerals... especially Afghan Lithium... is an equal, if not greater influence to decision making and presence. Good points!

I guess I look at the U.S's clear involvement in opium hitting the streets of the U.S., that I see it as simple math that Putin would further help endorse the promotion of opium production. It's why the Mexican cartels switched to opium smuggling... there's no need to do any advertising to get the already hooked to want more.

The lithium-ion battery movement in undeniable... I can see how interests of antagonists to the U.S. would want to strive towards ending U.S. Afghanistan involvement as soon as they could. The U.S. will always keep a floated reason to occupy though...

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

America did the same exact thing with the Mujahideen in Afghanistan in the 80s... karma is a bitch.

In fact, the Taliban are apparently still using US-published propaganda materials that promote Jihad.

US Funded/Published Textbooks Promoting Jihad are Still Being Used by the Taliban Today

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
So doesn't this mean that Trump and his administration are traitors for being BFF's with the people helpimg to kill our soldiers?!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join