It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire (all 100) US Senate called to White House briefing with Sec of State/Defense, others

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
There is one simple question to be asked by ALL. Can the world afford to wait any longer before dealing with NK?

The answer to this question determines what needs to be done!

Interesting question.

Who's doing that waiting?

All I see is the U.S spear heading more conflict.

If the world felt so threatened, then where is the U.K, Germany, India, Israel, etc?

Why aren't they getting involved to stop the threat?

China's troop build up on the NK border is no accident! And it wouldn't surprise me in the least if the countries you mention have already given their support to China and US!

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: crazyewok

I can not blame Trump for whatever he decides on this.

I don't know where I stand on this.

For decades No Ko barks real loud, and foams at the mouth.

But to me it's always been more comedic than anything else.

I would have a hard time getting behind Trump moving to military strikes.

Quite frankly its a mess past presidents should of sorted out rather than play crusades and chase the mythical WMDs in Iraq.

Fact is north korea is threatening to nuke the USA and Japan which to me is pretty serious.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

It's all good, Tinhorn. I don't need to prove myself to you, or others. I've proved myself to more "important" people. I know where I've been, with witnesses. You couldn't even begin to fathom, my "kind of person".

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Bunch of scared little chicken hawks.

Sure did miss all your compelling logic here:
Effing over it: North Korea THREATENING us!!!
Way to step up.

Like they're actually going to attack anyone, ever.

Get a grip.

But by all means, do go enlist if you support starting a nuclear war over someone being petty & obnoxious. Have a nice warm up round: figure out who your most obnoxious neighbor is and go in there and kick his door down and beat the hell out of him with a bat for it. Then come in with a truck load of road salt and salt his lawn so the grass wont ever grow again.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

There is one simple question to be asked by ALL. Can the world afford to wait any longer before dealing with NK?

Interesting question.

If the world felt so threatened, then where is the U.K, Germany, India, Israel, etc?

Germany doesnt have that sort of projection power.

The UK doesnt have any F-35 to put on our carriers yet thanks to the USA botching the deadlines.

And israel? When have they ever done anything for anyone that wasn't in there intrests?

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

Whilst you cant just threaten every nation that disagrees with you with nuclear annihalation that sort of behaviour indicates a cornered rat I would like to see what US diplomatic efforts (if any) have occured I would only support action if diplomacy failed,prick waving isn't diplomacy.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

We all know it's a mess.

And we all know our history.

Going in on the assumption of trying to fix something,and making it worse off.

If we ever actually followed through with anything. It might be a dfferent story.

Trump's here for 4 years. Maybe around for another. May not be.

And we saw what cutting and running from Iraq accomplished.

We go in.

We do something.

We will be there for decades.

If were not prepared to do that.

Our hands should stay off.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

What makes you say that? The nuclear angle?

Personally, I think if we trade for more time, it increases the risk of the Chinese spanking the NKs. Genuinely interested in your take, though.

More time is what we need. China has already made it clear that they are going to support more sanctions against the DPRK. More sanctions would give the US another bargaining chip with the Chinese and the North Koreans. It would also rebuff the Russians a little bit who are a little too quick to veto every single thing the US tries to do regarding North Korea in the UN.

There's too much at stake economically for China to consider honoring its mutual defense agreement with the DPRK. Beijing has always kept Pyongyang at arms distance because for the last 50 years they have been a loose cannon. It suits the Chinese just as much as it suits the South Koreans, Japan and the US to have North Korea dealt with through diplomatic solutions instead of a military campaign.

It's very plausible that we end up engaging with North Korea, and my bet is that this whole senate meeting with the White House is to discuss that very thing. The executive branch is going to seek full approval from the legislative branch to go to war legally if they feel that needs to happen. Trump is already on thin enough ice... He doesn't need to authorize another military anything without approval from the house and senate. He got away with that once in Syria... Starting what could lead to WW3 will be a much different story if the bombs start to fall on Seoul.

That being said , this whole business about us going to war with China is ludicrous. That will just never happen. We are mutually co dependent on each other. China needs our money, we need Chinese exports. It's an economic scenario that's worked rather well for both countries for the last 40 years. China makes cheap relatively good quality goods, we provide China with companies that need those goods and with money for their exports... Doing anything to disrupt that balance because of North Korea would be a huge mistake. Even if Trump doesn't understand the dynamics of our relationship with Beijing, somewhere within the government is someone who does... It would be foolish to jeopardize that.

Militarily the immediate consideration should be protecting Seoul. The reason South Korean's are so upset with the US right now is because despite the DPRK testing missiles the tension between Seoul and Pyongyang was at a minimum. Now because of Trump's rhetoric regarding missile tests that tension has sky rocketed (no pun intended) so fast... literally less than a month all together. A month ago North Korea was just an unpleasant thought. Now theres is meeting between the Senate and the White House discussing the potential for war. Nasty business.

Engaging with North Korea militarily is going to change the planet forever. Thats not fear mongering, thats a fact. It's a Pandora's Box... Don't think so much of China.... think more about Iran and Russia... the people who have been semi vocal advocates for North Korea in the past... and both nations looking for an excuse to become a huge problem for the United States.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I am not going to blame Trump either way on this.

This is a tough descion and one I am glad i am not makeing.

I will critize and rip on Trump when its due but not on this.

And he is listening to advisors it seems, gathering intel and consulting congress which to me shows he is thinking this through rather than that dumbarse missles strike on Assad.

If Trump does back down I wont blame him either.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

You seem to be ignorant, and "educated" at the same time. I'm confused by your lack of knowledge, .. regarding the fragile existence of snowflakes. What is your question?

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

If Trump does back down I wont blame him either.

That's is only real play.

If he lets foreign policy override domestic issues.

He's done for.

Politically.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: bluesjr
Maybe our debt is due and China is demanding North Korea as collateral.

This whole thing makes about as much sense as a 4 year old threatening to beat up his 16 year old brother, and his 16 year old brother claiming he has to use deadly force because his life is threatened.

I forgot, that is the new acceptable excuse to any heavy handed response. Just declare, your life was threatened and you can get away with damn near anything.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Interesting question.

China's troop build up on the NK border is no accident! And it wouldn't surprise me in the least if the countries you mention have already given their support to China and US!

China isn't on NK border to support the US. This could spin out of control so fast....And Russia is just waiting for an opportunity. Do you honestly think they will support Trump? The balance of power is at stake here. This isn't some BS video game.
edit on 24-4-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

Trump : "China is raping us .. "
And yes you are getting raped by China .

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Hope we hear those magic words we've been waiting for.

Don't know if he can or not. Hope so.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: Black_Fox

Whilst you cant just threaten every nation that disagrees with you with nuclear annihalation that sort of behaviour indicates a cornered rat I would like to see what US diplomatic efforts (if any) have occured I would only support action if diplomacy failed,prick waving isn't diplomacy.

There is a state of war that has never ended.
Trump doesn't need Congressional declaration of War, there already is one.
We are currently in a cease fire agreement, when Lil psycho Kim fires the first shot there are no holds barred nothing the libraticals in Congress can say about it to change the outcome.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Interesting question.

China isn't on NK border to support the US. This could spin out of control so fast....And Russia is just waiting for an opportunity. Do you honestly think they will support Trump? The balance of power is at stake here. This isn't some BS video game.

We can probably sit offshore firing new top secret fangled hypersonic blobs of plasma at them that is unstoppable.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Possible, I'll concede. The going after SK and Japan, I mean. The missile angle is a given. I would presume if anybody knows the status of the Koreans missile program it's the Chinese, though.

I think China is too interested in trade, though,. and if they went after SK and, especially, Japan that would have huge trade implications I think. I don't know that many people would have much to say if they rolled into NK and stopped there, though.

Time will tell, I suppose.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Interesting question.

They probably aren't going to oppose trump if an SSBN fires into China. In three minutes China would no longer possess the means to strike the US. In this same three minutes North Korea could disappear from the planet. Problem solved once and for all. And, another third of the Axis of Evil destroyed ... along with the only running-mate the Russians have.

That'd give Putin a whole lot to think over.

I'd follow that up with a quick phone call to Iran and ask, "Do you think it wise to display another video of your citizens burning an American flag? Now, stop playing with nukes and stop being assholes ... or else."

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Russia and China are moving troops to the NK border in expectation of mass refugees. This has got to be an indication that the back channels have been talking and a plan has been decided already. No way the US acts without China and Russia knowing. Maybe intel has put the NK nuke program further ahead than previously thought?

When I was at Kunsan it was well known Seoul would fall in 8 hours, so I wonder how South Korea is taking the news? That was 1993 though. LOL

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join