It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire (all 100) US Senate called to White House briefing with Sec of State/Defense, others

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

originally posted by: carewemust

I've been digging for about an hour and can't find anything.

Has anyone ever found another example of the ENTIRE SENATE being called to the White House for a meeting with the President of the United States?

I can't either. What Senator McConnell has requested is unprecedented.

It sure looks that way.

Gee, I wonder if they might be worried about nuclear war on the Korean peninsula?

I don't know. It could be as simple as McConnell wanting to have all Senators brought up-to-speed on what they weren't privy to, while on their 15 day Easter vacation.

And you would probably be correct.

Still -- I am searching for an historical example of this ever happening before and am coming up short.

The problem with the MSM is that they all parrot the same articles..virtually word-for-word. One of the first MSM said that this Wednesday meeting is "RARE", and they all duplicated that, without conducting independent research. Most reporters are ultra-lazy these days.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Well, does China want the US as their #1 consumer base or NK..hehe What does NK provide China, but a pain in the ass?

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Was just listening to "Ground Zero" on the radio and the topic is a youtube video from September 2016 that is a looped recording of a radio broadcast that says, "Trump April 26th" over and over. Creepy and weird. And he's meeting with all the members of the Senate at the WH that day which is unusual. And it is a full Supermoon on the 26th which is a traditional time to attack.

ETA: Also the broadcast was preceded by the emergency broadcast tone......

STM

edit on 24-4-2017 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Johnathanandheather

Thanks for finding/sharing those articles. It sounds like North Korea feels kinship with the South Korean people, since article #1 speaks of North/South unification. If true, that could be good news for South Koreans who fear being attacked by Kim Jong.

What does DPRK stand for? Da Peoples Republic Korea?

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Can you supersize that with a side of cesium?

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

Is that video related to the "Trump goes 26th" thread here on ATS?

link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

Same here. Ol' Clyde is wrapping it up nicely.

He's not wrong even though he's pouring it on thick

link   

originally posted by: dianajune

originally posted by: Pyle
I got this feeling that we are seeing a repeat of Bush admin claiming Iraq has WMDs.

If Kim Jung really has a nuke and hits South Korea or Japan with it, would the USA get the blame, if we simply left the area right now?

There's no way the US will leave the Korean Peninsula now. There's way too much at stake.

I hope it won't go nuclear but it appears to be headed that way. If it does, I hope it won't go worldwide.

It's looking more and more like the Lord's return will be soon.

Doesn't the Bible say that the next time life on Earth is destroyed, it will be by FIRE? But that war is supposed to begin in the Mideast. Time will tell. Let's live life to it's fullest, while we can.

That will be during the Tribulation as recorded in the Book of Revelation.

In Matthew 24 we are warned about a number of things that will happen towards the end, including "wars and rumors of wars." I believe that what we are witnessing is part of that.

I understand the Senate White House Meeting will be at 3pm Wednesday. A similar meeting is supposed to be set up for the House. If anything is going to happen, I doubt it will be prior to both meetings.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: MBSCSDD

That's the thing - it's what we have been doing. We've been letting him hold the entire region at nuclear blackmail until we cough up whatever money or supplies he wants.

This isn't a one time thing. It's just that Obama was double-time quick to bend over in asking what he wanted.

Appeasement as a policy has never worked when there are dictators in control... for reference i suggest other take a good hard look at the early 1930's in Germany. Obama was willing to appease as was Europe. This would have never lasted, I agree with you completely on that point.

What happens next is a lot more sketchy, to put it lightly. I am firm on the diplomatic line... We are, after all, dealing with a militarily capable nuclear state. However diplomacy is only going to take us so far even with China backing up harder sanctions on the Norks. That alone is a scary thought...

It appears that a military campaign is in the future... My only wish is that more Americans understand what's at stake when that line is crossed. I doubt Trump's ability to comprehend the gravity of the situation. Pence may understand it better but he is towing the White House line of "swords at the ready" or however he phrased it. The message to Pyongyang was quite clear. Keep screwing around and it's gonna pop.

I fear for Seoul and the American troops (to the tune of what? 40,000) stationed there. No matter what happens the outcome for those souls is not going to be good... for anyone.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

A believe that a Chinese agent in Kim's inner circle will give Dear Leader a double tap. China will install a puppet, a couple hundred thousand Chinese soldiers will insure stability of the new government, money will get diverted from nuclear missiles to feeding the people a little better and new factories will sprout up selling goods to Walmart. But, that's just me!

edit on 24-4-2017 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I've been digging for about an hour and can't find anything.

Has anyone ever found another example of the ENTIRE SENATE being called to the White House for a meeting with the President of the United States?

I can't either. What Senator McConnell has requested is unprecedented.

It sure looks that way.

Gee, I wonder if they might be worried about nuclear war on the Korean peninsula?

I don't know. It could be as simple as McConnell wanting to have all Senators brought up-to-speed on what they weren't privy to, while on their 15 day Easter vacation.

And you would probably be correct.

Still -- I am searching for an historical example of this ever happening before and am coming up short.

The problem with the MSM is that they all parrot the same articles..virtually word-for-word. One of the first MSM said that this Wednesday meeting is "RARE", and they all duplicated that, without conducting independent research. Most reporters are ultra-lazy these days.

id argue that they arent just lazy but its a coordinated effort pushed out by the AP. you see these key words like "rare" pop up from time to time and it gives away the game. theres some funny youtube compilation videos mocking their word of the day. whats scary is youll see this from the mainstream to the local level. they have the entire system locked down and have for years
edit on 24-4-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
To be honest, the worst thing I could think of, should war start, is China double-crossing us.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I didn't know there was a thread about it here. Thanks, will look it up. And yes, some people hear the broadcast differently.

STM

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

He's great tonight!

STM

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I just had a thought. Under what circumstances could we be attacked by individuals or a group NOT in military dress and NOT believe it's a false flag? I find myself troubled by my answer....

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: LambertSimnel
I just had a thought. Under what circumstances could we be attacked by individuals or a group NOT in military dress and NOT believe it's a false flag? I find myself troubled by my answer....

19 "Arab" terrorists take flight lessons right here in the ... oh, never mind
21 Korean BBQ delivery trucks cater the big meeting on the 26th?
101 Beautiful Russian "dancers" entertain at the big meeting on the 26th?

I'm more interested in your troubling answer.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ZombieWoof

I can generate a plausible scenario for just about anything being a false flag OR a real attack.

Just because a boy cries wolf, and there isn't a wolf doesn't mean there is no such thing as wolves.

I am angry i suppose because our enemies, whomever they might be could attack us and we'd steadfastly believe we attacked ourselves.
edit on 24-4-2017 by LambertSimnel because: Word repetition

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

Jesus was pretty vague in his answer wasn't he. My mother-in-law has been pointing to every war, and telling the family that the end is near, since I met her in 1980.

Also, Americans are usually evacuated from a country before we strike hard. Since North Korea is holding 3 of them, we can assume that there are more.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
To be honest, the worst thing I could think of, should war start, is China double-crossing us.

I've thought about that a lot and haven't actually found words to decribe how s*i*ty that would be... I mean i can't even come up with a post...

Economically it wouldn't make sense. But if they don't give a crap about economics? China did recently start off loading it's control of US treasury debt... If you count potential puppet control (like Belgium) they still maintain easily the largest portion of under-writable debt

It is definitely the scariest scenario I can think of.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: dontneedaname

Board Meetings expedite results.

Second Line.

S&F

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join