It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's Assault on History

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Did that one page one.

Ignore it ?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Want me to do it again ?

The largest share of museum operating revenue (38 percent) comes from donors in the private sector

And? What is that supposed to prove? The reason I didn't care about it in the first place is because you aren't telling me anything I didn't know. Just because libraries and museums have income sources other than the federal government doesn't mean they'll be A-Ok when you cut this funding off.

You aren't embarrassing me with this info, neo. In fact I'm not even sure what your point is supposed to be.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Just because libraries and museums have income sources other than the federal government doesn't mean they'll be A-Ok when you cut this funding off.

youre right. we dont know if they will be ok and i wish this was not even an issue....
it sucks though cause it seems like the arts and humanities are usually the first to go as funds dry up.

i remember in school when they would lose funds. the music program was first to go but you damn sure didnt have to worry about football going anywhere.

im very surprised at how many people just dont care about libraries and museums. even if it is not a funding or a closing of the doors issue. people here just seem to not give a # about them...

my wife and i take our daughter all the time...at my local library a couple times a week they have times where the kids can hear stories and have a snack. they get to sing songs and dance with the other kids....
there is so much more to libraries than just checking out books.

some of these comments are blowing my mind

im with you 100% on this krazyshot

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
im very surprised at how many people just dont care about libraries and museums. even if it is not a funding or a closing of the doors issue. people here just seem to not give a # about them...

I'm not. I consider the whole Trump election to have been a referendum on contempt for learning and nuance.
edit on 26-4-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

something else that surprises me is the general attitude of who needs books when you have google

that gets me cause on this site people scream for sources and they scream about the source not being legit....
yet those same people are cool with substituting books for a google search
unreal man

here are some of mine.....have to have my books man
we get loads of books at the library sales too. bags of books for a nickel per

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

that gets me cause on this site people scream for sources and they scream about the source not being legit....
yet those same people are cool with substituting books for a google search
unreal man

Yeah. Trust me. The hypocrisy of that argument wasn't lost on me either...

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I'm not. I consider the whole Trump election to have been a referendum on contempt for learning and nuance.

Same way I feel as someone trying to pass off a fashion magazine as a source of higher learning.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

At no point did I try to suggest that Cosmopolitan is a source of higher learning. There you go with your tendency to put words in my mouth again.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhyDidIJoin
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

My grandmother is native and has lived in the bush her entire life, never learned how to read or write. But she's still alive. Weird.

Not weird at all. If she was native and living in a full on native culture, she would have grown up being taught these things and living a bare bones, native survivalist lifestyle on a day in, day out basis, because she would have been required to. And not had any reason to learn anything else.

Now, how many people in the U.S. does that describe? A very small percentage of the population. Most of us read and learn from schooling or books. Because we want to do more than just survive in the bush. It's why civilization exists.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Since the majority of goods made today are made specifically NOT to burn.

Meanwhile, ALL of nature that exists on land is still combustible in some manner.

Dude, some folks just wanna get all Fahrenheit 451.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

You gotta see things from their perspective. When you only view history as a political tool to bash your opposing party with as needed and not as a necessary tool to learn from to better society then these opinions start making a bit more sense.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join