It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's Assault on History

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

First it was "Trumps war on Art" then "Trumps war on science" now "Trumps war on history".
What's next on the agenda OP?

Ask Trump. All of those things are still happening and they are all contributing to reducing our international status.
edit on 24-4-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I just have one question for people here when is the last time you went to a library? They actually closed my local library because well no one went. You have the ability to access the internet and it has more information than any library. I personally read ebooks on my tablet its just easier. So why do we want to continue funding an outdated technology. Kind of like selling movies on Betamax very few will use them.

www.bbc.com...

i have a nook and my wife has a kindle. we are still at the library 2 times a week easy every week.
my local library is busy more often than not.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: JAY1980

First it was "Trumps war on Art" then "Trumps war on science" now "Trumps war on history".
What's next on the agenda OP?

Ask Trump. All of those things are still happening and they are all contributing to reducing our international status.

I think SJW's like yourself are the ones contributing to the reduction of our international status if we're stating opinions.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Thanks for the irrelevant ad hominem. It's been noted and now ignored.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This may come as a surprise for you Krazy... you might want to brace yourself. Seriously brace yourself.

Google.

No tax payer money required.

Have a nice day.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

You seriously aren't trying to tell me that Google is the end all be all of research are you?

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Are you saying we should make available as many sources of information when studying history as possible?

Even.... statues?

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

No. I'm saying that if you think statues are an important enough part of history to complain about their removal than you should be even MORE outraged over museums and libraries being defunded. Those two places are more important to preserving history than a statue is.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Then Google it is.

Get over it.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

That was literally the craziest thing I read all week. Nice work!

The reason history can't "go all digital" is because digital facts are easy to change for political reasons. I would think a popular poster on a website supposedly dedicated to questioning official narratives would have zeroed in on that.

The other issue is that most of what we think of as "historical artifacts" aren't things we can easily scan into cyberspace because about 70% of them are "things." That's why museums are generally found in large spaces, and not, say -- sitting in a 2 TB USB drive.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Uh... No. I won't just "get over it." History is important to me and I will speak up for as along as I need to. I do believe I have the right to do that and all. So how about you, "get over it"?

PS: It's funny how you trust a singular corporation like this. Especially one with the motto "Do no evil." Not saying that Google is bad or anything, but you are putting all your eggs into one basket here.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
All you need is Google? LOL!

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Did you go to a library or museum to find the information for this thread?

When you want to learn something new, is your first instinct to go to a library or museum to learn about it?

What exactly is in a library or museum, that you cannot learn from on the internet?

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Right, my bad.

Google and Youtube.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Thanks for the irrelevant ad hominem. It's been noted and now ignored.

Hes right though as people in other countries see people constantly attack Trump it diminishes the country as a whole. Impressions are made and becomes reality.

Oh and here is an article about the death of libraries. The argument the more funding the more people use it.

www.theatlantic.com...
edit on 4/24/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/24/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

People in other countries even attack Trump. And what about the 8 years of constant attack on Obama?

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Did you go to a library or museum to find the information for this thread?

The term luddite comes to mind regarding this thread.

Technology has changed.

Information has changed.

Another word that comes to mind is PROGRESS.

Among the things that have changed.

Is people.

The analog world had it's time and place, and most people have moved on to bigger and better things.

It's time they evolve with the times.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

LOLWUT? Anyone who wants to keep libraries is a Luddite?
Keep it up. I need a good laugh.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: dragonridr

People in other countries even attack Trump. And what about the 8 years of constant attack on Obama?

Was there i didnt notice i guess the difference is the main stream media is after Trump. Obama was always loved by the press so i guess we can say the press is fueling this. See we have people here doing the same they have to find things to complain about. Me personally i think hes a jackass. However when i see people trying to hurt the president i cant help but think they are hurting the country and its status.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join