It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The future is here, new VTOL plane to replace automobiles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
The idea of self-driving cars scares the Shiite out of me. But I think this technology is the future:

www.youtube.com...

For some reason, for this kind of vehicle, I have no problem in my mind for self-driving version of it.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Gotta say first one that actually looks like a feasible idea.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Well, I am looking forward to the mayhem of these crashing into power lines, crashing into each other and just falling out of the sky on to schools and hospitals when the batteries go flat.

Not that I think it's a bad idea. Just don't fly them near me!

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Damn kids, creating things for us older people with money to kill ourselves with.

Yeah, I would like one of those. My kids and kids would take out multiple life insurances on me if I did.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Well, I am looking forward to the mayhem of these crashing into power lines, crashing into each other and just falling out of the sky on to schools and hospitals when the batteries go flat.

Not that I think it's a bad idea. Just don't fly them near me!

I think the map of hazards will be pre-programmed in to avoid based on GPS location. Batteries are easy to measure capacity levels. In terms of in air collisions, there could be strict rules on traveling heights versus direction. Plus I imagine the vehicles would have pretty good in-air collision prevention technology. I think it will be fine.

If you think about it cars are pretty dangerous because they depend on humans being intelligent to perfection. And then you have drunk drivers too. I think air vehicles would be safer provided the mechanics were reliable.

I'd buy or rent one in a second if it meant getting to work in half the time!

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Cool, but having only a 300 Km range the practicality is not there yet, plus with the wingspan you can't use it other than for flying, without a greater range your not going to get from one major city to another. There are other prototypes out there that can be driven like a car on the ground, then can transform into a flying machine, far more options that way as you wouldn't need a separate vehicle at both ends for ground transportation
edit on 24-4-2017 by Daavin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daavin
Cool, but having only a 300 Km range the practicality is not there yet, plus with the wingspan you can't use it other than for flying, without a greater range your not going to get from one major city to another. There are other prototypes out there that can be driven like a car on the ground, then can transform into a flying machine, far more options that way as you wouldn't need a separate vehicle at both ends for ground transportation

My car can only go about that far between fuel stops, and until recently I didn't have to stop more than once a week...

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I can remember getting very excited about Mollers machine 15 years ago and then slowly realizing it was not going to happen any time soon. IMO, this can only work if it's computer navigated, the average person isn't capable of flying it themselves. Plus they need to be able to talk to each other so they're not crashing into each other.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I am not sure how they get away with calling it an electric jet.

It appears to have ducted fans.

Jet engines burn hydrocarbon fuels. I never heard of an electric jet before.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Right on the heels of Lilium comes this one.

Kitty Hawk Flying Car

So what is that? Three "flying cars" in a week? AeroMobil, Kitty Hawk Flyer. and the Lilium from the OP.

Although, the KittyHawk Flyer looks more like what the Ewoks stole from the stormtroopers!

new topics

top topics

join