It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ongoing Thread - CHICAGO VIOLENCE.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Sunday, April 23, 2017

Rather than take up forum space with a new thread every few days related to Chicago violence. I'll just keep posting news-worthy info to this singular thread.

So far, the most violent weekend in Chicago for shootings this year was EASTER weekend, April 15th-16th. Of the 45 people shot that weekend, most were African American. Easter is a significant religious holiday of Love and Redemption, for African Americans.

Easter Carnage: abc7chicago.com...

-
-

With this weekend (April 22nd-23rd) almost over (10:30pm), things in Chicago are normal. 29 shot / 7 Deaths. They were not mentioned on the local Chicago television news this evening.

-
-

FYI - Here is the (almost) REAL-TIME website of Chicago's Shootings: heyjackass.com...

-CareWeMust

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Why I left Chicago in September of 2016....the daily and constant violence, (plus a few other things unique to Chicago!)a reply to: carewemust

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Tommy Sotomayor said it best.

"How can white people be the devil when they treat black people better than we do our own?"!

Let's wait for Mayor Rahm Emanuel to come up with another lame excuse??

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Good idea! I hope the OP is genuinely willing to commit to keeping this updated.

Chicago is the symbol for collapsed society in the U.S. Much like Detroit. Gangland is growing, and the single biggest problem is that the lefties defend the constant violence and deterioration by propping it up. It's all about white racists. Everywhere. The cops, the judges, the jurors, the employees, everyone. They are ALL racists!!!!!!! Ghetto black thugs are PEACEFUL loving people who are so "oppressed" that they reserve the right to be violent selfish dickheads, day in, day out! They earned the right to hate, right?

In reality, it's about a terrible culture that is "cool" by MTV and Hollywood standards. They don't want to be educated, or take advantage of schooling through an endless sea of grants etc etc, because it would all be "too white".

Poor thugs.
Boo hoo.

edit on 23-4-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I think you'll exhaust yourself trying to keep up!! Good luck and be prepared for every lame label put on you. By the very nature of Chicago crime the screams of racist are soon to follow. The problem in Chicago easy easy to spot!!

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
On a personal note, I'm having a hard time fathoming why Chicago mayor Rahm Emanuel has told illegal immigrants all over the country, and those willing to sneak over the border, to come to Chicago and live. That would just make crime worse.

The citizens of Chicago are against his decision on this, and several other things, but they're too frightened of the mayor to protest.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
You mean we haven't bombed that city to dust yet?

Its been working for us in the ME and other places, whats the problem?

Just MOAB 'em or shoot fifty nine cruise missiles, pull up a dreadnought carrier armada and plaster them...

There, humanitarian intervention in effect, all better.

(sarc/off)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cornczech
Why I left Chicago in September of 2016....the daily and constant violence, (plus a few other things unique to Chicago!)a reply to: carewemust

Congratulations on your wisdom, CornCzech! Chicago is a city that you either LOVE or HATE. There's really no in-between.

Unfortunately, most Chicago residents who hate it there, are lacking the initiative to move out of town. Even though their dollars will go further, and their life-span possibly extended, by moving just 10 miles away, they choose to stay and endure it.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Very well stated, just one question. What do you really think?

My thanks to the op this should be an interesting thread to follow.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Former President Barack Obama came "home" to Chicago this weekend and sat down with young men to brainstorm ways to reduce violence.

""Blocks from where he started his career as a community organizer, former President Barack Obama on Sunday returned to the Roseland/Pullman community to talk to young men about ways to curb violence in Chicago.

Obama was invited to a neighborhood center at 420 W. 111th by former Education Secretary Arne Duncan. Duncan is now a managing partner at the nonprofit Emerson Collective and working on projects to help reduce crime in Chicago by training and finding jobs for at-risk young men.

Obama “felt like he was getting back in touch with his roots,” Obama spokesman Kevin Lewis said about the surprise visit.""

Full Story: chicago.suntimes.com...

IMO, Obama should have held meetings like this when he had the power/authority of the Presidency. Chicago violence was steadily increasing during both of his terms.

Also, I don't think it was a good idea to build the Obama Presidential Library in a neighborhood where tourists and visiting dignitaries are in danger of being shot, robbed, or hit by a stray bullet while driving to that location.

-cwm

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Black lives matter so much they kill each by the dozons

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   

They are invited because Chicago needs fresh blood-they're just about out.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Preventing violence in the cities will never be a priority. No money will ever be spent to analyze the causes or to come up with public policies to address the issue. The prison industrial complex makes way too much money and control the lobbyists. The people who are committing these crimes have no representation in government.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Preventing violence in the cities will never be a priority. No money will ever be spent to analyze the causes or to come up with public policies to address the issue. The prison industrial complex makes way too much money and control the lobbyists. The people who are committing these crimes have no representation in government.

Right! Blame everybody and everything but the people doing the blood-letting.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

I went to that website and a curiosity jumped out at me. The cop "solve" rate is ridiculously low and, as well, the number shootings by cops is disproportionately low compared to the number of shootings by civilians on other civilians.

So that leads me to this question. Are the cops even IN these districts? Are there any patrols by cops? This gives me the picture the cops are securely hidden behind donut shops waiting for a radio call and when the call comes in, they wait another 30 minutes for the place to calm down and then drive by the incident site and if they see a body, they call the bambulance. Put another way, the cops are nothing more than part of the clean-up crew? If thats the case, its the Ferguson Effect on steroids.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
You know what the funniest thing about this thread is?

Chicago isn't even in the top ten for murder rates in the US, its like 24 haha! What would the world think of America if the other cities homicides where put in the spotlight, any of them have a recent President?

I will be watching this thread though, some of the responses should be classic.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
From what I've read about Chicago (not being a US citizen) its a very diverse city but also very much a self segregated one with noticeable boundaries between ethnic/minority groups. These "boundaries" and lack of social cohesion and integration between groups create a seriously tribal or gang mindset. Until the mindset changes, the violence will continue with predominantly black males trying to make their mark on their "territory" whilst screaming of equality poverty and playing the blame game with the likes of BLM stirring the pot. Love him or hate him Tommy Sotomayor makes some good points, everyone in America has the same rights and its not down to nasty whitey but down to bad choices (and bad upbringing)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

is that for total murders or per capita?

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cornczech

Like what?

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Per capita. There are others cities with higher per capita rates...New Orleans, Detroit, St. Louis, Baltimore...but Chicago will have the most in total. Last year, they had 762 and the homicide rate was 27.9 per 100,000, which is still 5-6 times higher than the overall rate of the country as a whole. In fact, these urban dumpster fires are so much higher than the overall rate that they're actually skewing the data upward and making the other 90% of the country look a hell of a lot worse than it really is.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join