It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary would have won the election if the US uses a conventional election scheme

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Its rich that a lover of ewoks calls someone else stupid.

You said the nazis helped oppenheimer build nuclear bombs. And do you seriously think the chinese sent up nuclear-tipped fireworks?

Either your joking are your a troll. In any case, everything youve said so far is factually wrong.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Bill Clinton's wife was such a fatally-flawed candidate that I believe any of the major 2016 Republican candidates would have beaten her with the exception of Ted Cruz, only because the Supreme Court would have quite likely ruled him ineligible (he was born a Canadian citizen in Canada and is not a "natural born citizen" by the classic Vattal definition).

If this election really were "close" (it wasn't), then the leftists wouldn't have lost both Houses of Congress as well as the White House.

This was a "wave" election that began in 2010 when Americans elected a House of Representatives that would stop the Obama agenda.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Less morons in the House muddying water.

What does that have to do with the Electoral College?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Or to say it more precisely:

In the US, the right candidate would always win if you have a proper election system AND everyone was given equal amount of screen time during election races.

It should never be about who has enough money or friends or anything.

It should be about who is the better person to explain his or her visions in the allotted amount of time. End of story.

As it stands at the moment... The US is a very un-democratic country, and apparently the people of the US don't give a # about it.
edit on 25/4/17 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: FuggleHop

The technology was devceloped for WWII by a team of scientists led by AMERICANs.

I feel somewhat compelled to point out that it was a German-trained physicist leading a team that was roughly 50/50 American & European, building on the work of German physicists, and bolstered by existing work provided by British universities who at that time had a significantly more advanced nuclear weapons project.

Not to belittle the quality of any of the people involved, but even when we gave your people our existing work, you sat on it for a while before actually realising the potential. If not for (of all things) an Australian physicist (Mark Oliphant) getting involved and lighting a fire under your arses, you would had sat around and twiddled your fingers for a few more years. You should really be thanking Australia for the Manhattan Project getting off the ground

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: Gryphon66

I could agree to that, it was one of the things I liked from the party I am a part of.

We tagged a right leaning guy for President, and a left leaning guy for Vice, but the top two finishers would be a better option... as long as they can remember they are in office to represent the citizens... not the party... which may be beyond our modern day politicians.

Needed Constitutional Amendment(s) (Restoring American Freedom or some such ....)

1. Term Limits: President (done) 2 terms. Senate: 2 terms (12 years) House 4 terms (8 years).

2. National Repeal, Initiative and Recall (Impeachment): Find a way to provide the ability to have an annual election that could establish any law, repeal any law, and remove any nationally elected official. (To the Presidency, the Congress OR the Supreme Court (the idea that SCOTUS is free of politics is insane.)

And that is how different sides of the political spectrum find common ground..

Again have no real heartburn with anything you listed, I think the impeachment/removal on a national level would have to be done very carefully otherwise why have the electoral college if the coasts can just over turn things by sheer numbers, at some point post election.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

The technology was devceloped for WWII by a team of scientists led by AMERICANs.

I feel somewhat compelled to point out that it was a German-trained physicist leading a team that was roughly 50/50 American & European, building on the work of German physicists, and bolstered by existing work provided by British universities who at that time had a significantly more advanced nuclear weapons project.

Not to belittle the quality of any of the people involved, but even when we gave your people our existing work, you sat on it for a while before actually realising the potential. If not for (of all things) an Australian physicist (Mark Oliphant) getting involved and lighting a fire under your arses, you would had sat around and twiddled your fingers for a few more years. You should really be thanking Australia for the Manhattan Project getting off the ground

We appreciate our fellow ex-colonials and English outcasts. The tipping point for Manhattan may have been Einstein's letter to Roosevelt but what really happened is that the world came together and fought Japan and Germany. Without any part, things would have been harder or impossible. No one country can claim victory. Some countries remained neutral [Ireland, Sweden, Switzerland, etc.] and some were squeezed into alignment with the combatants [Finland was worried about being conquered by the USSR and had to cede mineral rich lands so they aligned with Germany.]
Hitler thought that GB would go his way as the royal family were Germans. The rest of GB was not and they resisted.
GB developed technology but couldn't produce food and armaments. They ingeniously used what they had and made the de Havilland Mosquito, arguably a technological wonder when fitted with Merlin engines. A family member piloted one during D-Day and had an interesting time of it. The US was key to actual production of war goods and fuel and saved the day in that respect. The USSR sacrificed the most and essentially swallowed German armies, whole. Were it not for Hitler wanting Soviet oil and invading, things would have been very different.
The Pacific fleet of the US was certainly the major combatant against Japan but many countries made victory possible. ANZAC's were important participants and my association with their Naval forces in the 1970's and 80's led to my personal copy of McArthur's Universal Corrective Map of the World which hangs on my office wall and confuses visitors. www.odtmaps.com... I also note that as a group, the Aussies party harder and drink more beer than any other that I have served with.

One thing that the US did that no other country did was called the Marshall Plan. This rebuilt the world after the devastation of the war. It did not punish the defeated armies as did the treaty of Versailles and set the stage for yet another confrontation. Without the US, the misery would have gone on for many years more.
edit on 4/25/2017 by pteridine because: spelling error

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

One thing that the US did that no other country did was called the Marshall Plan. This rebuilt the world after the devastation of the war. It did not punish the defeated armies as did the treaty of Versailles and set the stage for yet another confrontation. Without the US, the misery would have gone on for many years more.

Oh don't get me wrong, the US was pivotal and I thoroughly appreciate what was done. One of the great strengths of the US is that it has always been prepared to recognise potential and was willing to take financial risks to fund opportunities, without which there are countless things that would never have been achieved.

I just enjoy poking fun at people yelling "HELL YEAH MERKA INVENTINATED EVERYTHING!"

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

Oh don't get me wrong, the US was pivotal and I thoroughly appreciate what was done. One of the great strengths of the US is that it has always been prepared to recognise potential and was willing to take financial risks to fund opportunities, without which there are countless things that would never have been achieved.

I just enjoy poking fun at people yelling "HELL YEAH MERKA INVENTINATED EVERYTHING!"

well when your level of awesome is as high as ours is... you just cant help yourself sometimes...

Merika... F yeah...

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join