It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary would have won the election if the US uses a conventional election scheme

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

In the multiverse theory.

There is an Earth out there somewhere where Clinton was elected, and another Earth where Trump haters actually support the guy, and approved travel bans, and approved border walls, and actually repealed the ACA.

Think a world where snip actually got done.

Unfortunately for us.

We live on planet backasswards.
edit on 23-4-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
So if the rules were changed she would have won, lol.

Maybe if the rules were not bent and avoided she would be in prison for handling top secret classified documents illegally.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
If Hillary didn't completely suck as a candidate and a human being, she might've won too.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Hillary wouldn't even have won her parties nomination if she didn't colluded with the DNC to cheat & steal it away from Sanders.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
We just need to scrap the whole Constitution and capitalism.

Place Hillary in as dictator and have her rule for life.

Will THAT make all the whiny leftists happy???

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: allsee4eye

The EC would work fine if we drew districts fairly. I'm not sure throwing out our current system is a good idea. A conversation needs to happen though, that's for sure.

The EC is based on total state popular vote, not by congressional districts (which I would prefer, to be honest).

Are you proposing that state boundaries be redrawn every census?

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Rhetorical question, I see what you did there.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

'

No.

Everyplace in the country would have to become like UC Berkeley where the only speech allowed is what they agreed with.

edit on 23-4-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Nope it was name calling democrats. And way to much Obama. Can't believe no one brought up the fact that he used our time and money to help Clinton. His words had zero right anywhere near that election other then maybe a welcome press conference or something on that nature.

You lost.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
Almost every republic uses a conventional election scheme. In the first round, if no one gets a majority of more than 50%, there is a run off between the top 2 and whoever wins the run off gets the win. Hillary didn't get a majority so it would have went to a run off where Hillary would have won. The US is the only republic that uses the bizarre electoral college scheme that does not take popular vote into account.

You have a fundamental misunderstanding of the American electoral process. It DOES take the popular vote into account. I suggest you peruse the following thread for a compete explanation of the process: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Bill Clinton's wife would have lost worst if our national elections were by popular vote because our most populous states are also the most liberal where millions of conservative voters don't bother to vote.

On top of that, Bill Clinton's wife was a horrible candidate with no real accomplishments other than being the life-long defender and enabler of a proven serial sexual predator. Assuming that she would have won with different rules is idiotic.

The fact is, if you factor out California, where pretty much anyone with their picture on a Vons card can vote, Trump won the overall vote by 1.3 million, which should scare the hell out of the leftists.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

According to a faulty map from Breitbart? Pass.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Heres a tissue
Other republics dont have the genius of our constitution
No point made, but hey...hope your venting in the wind with no salient point made you feel better.

Hillary is a globalist cheat...along with most of the establishment...ya won't change the salt of the earth fly over mind...nice try

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Almost every republic uses a conventional election scheme. In the first round, if no one gets a majority of more than 50%, there is a run off between the top 2 and whoever wins the run off gets the win. Hillary didn't get a majority so it would have went to a run off where Hillary would have won. The US is the only republic that uses the bizarre electoral college scheme that does not take popular vote into account.

The electoral college is there because there was never intended to be political parties..or democracy for that matter.
The Irony is that a popular vote for a president should be acceptable, while an electoral college might work better for the state politicians.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Less morons in the House muddying water.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Only good point made in this thread...sigh off handed sarcasm or not

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: watchitburn

According to a faulty map from Breitbart? Pass.

God I absolutely love breitbart!

Triggering from beyond the grave.

Now that's power of the press!

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I gotta be honest though, I don't know why I said that. I just came off a chemo week but I never confused anything that I know so well like that before. Weird.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Links?

Sources?

Crystal Ball?

Anything at all to get you off the thin ice?

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

She lost deal with it. I'm glad with the system we have, even if she had won.

A democracy would be oppressive.
edit on 23-4-2017 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join