It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love In The Brain

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astrocyte
Love In The Brain

No, the 'brain', like all 'Reality', exists in the One Universal Consciousness.
Unconditional Love transcends any and all 'physical/material' (conditional) 'things' (limitations).

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

For the purposes of a baseline in relation to the topic...

A dozen brain regions, working together, create feelings of passionate love. Stephanie Ortigue of Syracuse University and her colleagues worldwide compared MRI studies of people who indicated they were either in love or were experiencing maternal or unconditional love. The comparison revealed a "passion network"—the red regions shown here at various angles. The network releases neurotransmitters and other chemicals in the brain and blood that create the sensations of attraction, arousal, pleasure…and obsession.

www.scientificamerican.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai
I mean more people die of starvation on Earth today than have ever been sacrificed to "gods" in ancient history per second, due to belief systems that supported such ideologies.

How do you fee about that?

A complete non-sequitur point which has nothing to do with love. But I agree with you, more people die by poverty than anything else. But we here in the United States love our military and dropping bombs on everyone for profit. So poverty is not really a priority.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

Love In The Brain

Unconditional Love transcends any and all 'physical/material' (conditional) 'things' (limitations).

Or at least our delusional projection of love transcends any and all 'physical/material'.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Being an expert as you are perhaps you could provide more statistical data upon how Jack.... feel about the situation world wide, not just only in the United States.

Ok well you got to admit that's really funny.

edit on 24-4-2017 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: namelesss

Love In The Brain

Or at least our delusional projection of love transcends any and all 'physical/material'.

'Delusion' is conditional, certainly not 'transcendental', and 'believing' in 'delusion' is a delusion in itself!
There can be no 'delusional projection of unconditional Love', only in the (conditional) thoughts/ego of someone who has never experienced such Love.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

A dozen brain regions, working together, create feelings of passionate love.

Shall we look at that from another Perspective?
At the moment that one is perceiving 'feelings' (thoughts) of 'passionate Love' (NOT unconditional Love), 'this' is what the 'brain' happens to look like. This is what the liver looks like. Etc...
The error in their thinking is the assumed 'creation/causality', which is logically and scientifically an impossibility.

"The great snare of thought is the uncritical acceptance of irrational assumptions!" - Will Durant

"...scientists are condemned by their unexamined assumptions to study the nature of mirrors only by cataloging and investigating everything that mirrors can reflect. It is an endless process that never makes progress, that never reaches closure, that generates endless debate between those who have seen different reflected images, and whose enduring product is voluminous descriptions of particular phenomena." - The Adapted Mind

edit on 24-4-2017 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   

The matter form we call today the Universe is an organism that upon, what we comprehend today as fundamental?

Operates as a form of life, in retrospect. To an environment that we currently comprehend about 3% of and refer to as the "Known Universe".

Today we realize that non-organic material under the correct conditions generate life. But in consideration that separateness in observation?

Lacks consideration to the conclusion that the "Non-organic conditions", as we understand it play a role organically.

So the conditions that allow for Earth to exist. Such as existing in a "Goldilocks zone", in our solar system? Is an inherency to life; not a random fluctuation in result.

Just as in the example offered to which you have responded? The sum total in relation to cause constitute structure that results in life. The individual permutations by themselves lack the necessary capacity to produce reactions that produce the whole. But when put together and despite in the case of life forming on earth (as opposed to emotive responses in the human brain)? They are nonetheless upon some fundamental scale part of the living process and so themselves, non- organic at scales related to the known Universe at large.

While fundamentally outside our current observation; the known Universe (debatable of course), could be an organism.

Any opinions?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Simplified....

The known Universe is potentially an organism because at scales that we define today as fundamental, allow it to function as one thing.

Consciousness as we comprehend it is a reflection of that degree of organization.

edit on 25-4-2017 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

The matter form we call today the Universe is an organism that upon, what we comprehend today as fundamental?

For typing ease, I shall call "the One Universe"; 'God'. (You can plug in anything with which you are comfortable; Nature, Reality, Truth, Self!...)
I cannot call it an 'organism. There are no organs supporting a 'life'.
That 'God' (the Universe) is 'unchanging' seems to be a consensus among religions and mystics alike.
Organisms 'move', 'movement/time' exists in 'thought'/mind.
Within the One Universal Consciousness, all existence 'exists', 'is perceived', Here! Now!

Today we realize that non-organic material under the correct conditions generate life.

'life' and 'death' exist in our 'thoughts', our 'ego'.
With 'sin' comes 'death', the bible says, but fails to mention that the same is true of 'life'!
Where you have the one, the other is merely the opposite Perspective of the exact same One Reality!

But in consideration that separateness in observation?

Please to rephrase your question?

So the conditions that allow for Earth to exist. Such as existing in a "Goldilocks zone", in our solar system? Is an inherency to life; not a random fluctuation in result.

'Random' is an illusion, a mirage, the result of a limited/truncated Perspective!
No accidents, no mistakes...
Everything is Known!

Just as in the example offered to which you have responded? The sum total in relation to cause constitute structure that results in life.

We imagine 'motion' and call it 'life'.
'Life' exists in thought, ego, not inherent in 'things'.
Like a 'floater' in the eye, the appearance is that there is something external to you floating in the air, zipping around as you try to catch it, but that is not the 'Reality', that is the appearance.

(as opposed to emotive responses in the human brain)?

'Emotions' are the physical manifestation of 'feelings'.
'Feelings' are 'thoughts'
We perceive 'thought' just as we perceive everything else, no differently.
We do not generate (create/cause) and store 'thoughts' in our brains.

While fundamentally outside our current observation; the known Universe (debatable of course), could be an organism.

Any opinions?

Nah, don't think so.
How limiting, anyway, making God an 'organism', subject to all the limitations of the 'ego/duality'; 'timespace', 'life/death'...
Conditional.
Unenlightened.

Existence = the complete Universe = Nature = Reality = Consciousness = Truth = Love = 'Self!' = God = Brahman = Tao = ... etc....
ALL INCLUSIVE!!
'One'!

tat tvam asi (en.wikipedia.org...)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Truth is there are two definitions for the word Universe.

One is everything the other is all the mass that has been considered to exist at least about 40 thousand light years in circumference.

It is where we live.

I am referring to the latter and for the sake of this discussion I will refer to that herein as the Island Universe.

In relation to the term organism and to elaborate all that material is interconnected at the quantum scale.

To put it another way all that material at quantum scales appears to function as one thing, based upon EPR Paradox, Bells Theorem and so on.

The Island Universe could be a form of life and in so far God....

And even in consideration to that probably not enough. In my opinion that has something to do with us.

God is beyond that.

edit on 25-4-2017 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   
You know I am having trouble accessing and particular documentary with YouTube that is relatable....

Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman; season 7 episode 6

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte

Love in the brain in consideration is accepting the least amongst as kindred.

I ifs or buts or why's.

That includes animals and plants......

edit on 26-4-2017 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   

My love, do not ask from me the love we shared before; translated by: Mustansir Dalvi

My love, do not ask from me
the love we shared once before.
If you were here, I always thought
life would shine, eternally.

We share our grief, so why argue
over the sorrows of the world?
Your countenance is the assurance
of perennial spring, everywhere.

For what is the worth of this world
but the sight of your eyes?
If only I found you, the fates
would be enthralled.

This wasn’t how it should have been,
except that I wanted it to be;
there are more sorrows in this world
beyond the anguish of love.

There is more to happiness

than the relief of reunion;
the blight of dark magic
of years beyond counting,
while draped in silk,

satin and brocade; everywhere,
in alleys and marketplaces,
young flesh is up for sale.
Dragged in the dirt,
bathed in blood, bodies
emerge from furnaces
of pestilence.

Pus flows untapped
from leaking ulcers.
My eyes can't look away,
what should I do?

Your beauty still allures, but
what can I do?

There are sorrows in this world
beyond the pleasures of love.
There is more to happiness
than the relief of reunion;

So my love, do not ask from me
the love we shared once before.

From the works of Faiz Ahmed Faiz's.

Source

www.quora.com...

edit on 26-4-2017 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Groot
Great post, but don't complicate a natural occurrence.

When you care for someone deeply, you do anything and everything for them. The response you get back from them in a positive way is like a reward for you. The cycle continues and the bond gets stronger.

That is love.

THAT was beautifully said, and exactly the way I think. That is real love, along with devotion, sadly, something our World is desperately lacking.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Truth is there are two definitions for the word Universe.

One is everything the other is all the mass that has been considered to exist at least about 40 thousand light years in circumference.

More than two...
The only valid 'definition' that I can see is the description of ALL inclusive.

Existence = the complete Universe = Nature = Reality = Consciousness = Truth = Love = 'Self!' = God = Brahman = Tao = ... etc....
ALL INCLUSIVE!!
'One'!

Once you have an eliminative Universe, it cannot be ALL inclusive.
One definition swallows the other one.
One left; ALL inclusive.
That is all that can be logically and evidentially supported.

It is where we live.

Yup! *__-

... The Island Universe could be a form of life and in so far God....

If you are going to attribute the duality of 'living' to God, then 'death' would also apply.
That which 'lives', 'dies'.
It's definitional.
And now you violated the 'Omni-/One' definition of God, in limiting God to the dualistic, the 'impermanent', the 'conditional'.
'Life' must 'move', and we live in an unchanging Universe, imagining motion and time and life...

God is beyond that.

Beyond the 'conditional', which is a feature of God. *__-

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
There is more to love than mere sentiment.

John 15:13 (paraphrased)
No greater love than to lay down one's life for another.

Father Maximilian Kolbe was executed on 14 August, 1941, Auschwitz.

The heroism of Father Kolbe went echoing through Auschwitz. In that desert of hatred he had sown love. A survivor Jozef Stemler later recalled: 'In the midst of a brutalization of thought, feeling and words such as had never before been known, man indeed became a ravening wolf in his relations with other men. And into this state of affairs came the heroic self-sacrifice of Father Kolbe.' Another survivor Jerzy Bielecki declared that Father Kolbe's death was 'a shock filled with hope, bringing new life and strength ... It was like a powerful shaft of light in the darkness of the camp.' www.auschwitz.dk...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Life after death is life
The event of death changes life but does not end it

As to how it changes and given what we know today the meaningfully respected accounts of the past?

As observations that are meaningful but reflective of those times.

edit on 1-5-2017 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Life after death is life

'After' and 'before' only relate to which way YOU (the observer) are facing (on a 'linear' train).
All moments of existence are Here! Now!
Synchronously.

'Life' and 'death' describe (thoughts about) the same One Reality, Here! Now! Simultaneously!
'Life' and 'death' are merely two opposite Perspectives of the same One thought!
(Dependent on which way you are facing)
'Life' and 'death' exist in the 'thought', ego/vanity, of the beholder.
("With sin (Vanity/Pride), 'life' and 'death' came into this world!" - bible)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I in reality we really are alive after we are dead clinically by our current standards then we are not dead. In consideration it is possible that what we as human individuals experience (at present), after death? Is not some event in which we then altogether understand everything. This perspective is actually integral Philosophically to conclusions related to reincarnation.

In relation to Christianity there is the matter of Yahweh; as stated in the Holy Bible. That John the Baptist was a Reincarnation of Ezequiel as presented in the New Testament.

In Christianity not everyone Reincarnates but Prophets do.

One can consider that under such circumstances the "Story of the Colum People", applies. We are part of a process even after death who's implications suggest. That even life after death as we understand it is a developmental experience.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join