It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's Indonesian Allies In Bed With ISIS Backed Militia Seeking To Oust Elected President

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I'm so glad you're okay with a President that conducts business with people who support radical Islam, that was nearly your entire beef with Obama right, that he was tied to radical Islam in some way?

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

No my beef with him was about a lot more.

And after the travel ban rather hard for anyone to say Trump is besties with radicals.

It was his critics that fought tooth and nail to keep free and open travel to known terrorist states from stopping.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Then how come Trump didn't ban Saudi Arabia and Pakistan, hotbeds of Radical Islam and in Pakistan's case supporter of the Taliban?

edit on 4/23/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I don't think Trump has anything to do with this.

They have enough problems of their own, internally.

But then again...

Even so, Kamdani, an ethnic Chinese Indonesian, is not blind to the campaign’s religious and racial overtones. Accounting for just 2 per cent of the population, ethnic Chinese are among the country’s richest, controlling an outsized share of its wealth.

Kamdani says her company wants proof the next administration won’t play to racial and religious sentiment in office. “This potential for segregation worries us going forward,” Kamdani said. “We want to see what they do on the gap between rich and poor, and not play on the differences between religious and ethnic groups.”

www.scmp.com...

During the campaign, Baswedan, previously seen as a moderate, seized on claims by hardliners that Basuki, a Christian, insulted the Koran. During a campaign stop on the string of islands off Jakarta’s coast in September, Basuki joked with locals that Islamic conservatives were lying when they claimed that Muslims were forbidden from voting for non-believers. To many it was an innocuous quip. But hardliners insisted Basuki meant the Koran lied.

Basuki had been riding high in the polls. But when Baswedan appeared at mosques and other rallies to make the case that a non-Muslim had offended the faith, his fortunes waned and never recovered. Police charged Basuki with blasphemy days after an estimated 500,000 took to the streets of Jakarta in December demanding his arrest.

Baswedan’s win fanned media coverage that Indonesia’s reputation for religious tolerance was under threat.

Basuki is facing 5 yrs in jail for blasphemy.

Another country with the potential for islam to ruin with a theocracy.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Nobody is waving any partisan flags but you pal.

Nobody is taking any kind of moral high ground either.

It's all in you head.

So is your alleged non-partisan BS you're trying to deflect with now.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

The article didn't say Trump has anything to do with the attempt at a coup it states that his associates in Indonesia do, one of whom attended his inauguration.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I wrote a couple of anti TPP threads way back and wasn't too kind toward Obama in the process. And FYI just because I'm anti-Trump doesn't mean I'm a democrat.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Good, he should have been roasted in public over that travesty, instead he got away with hiding it pretty well till the last second and everyone forgave the most "transparent administration" ever.

also I said banner of the left I believe... and if I am mistaken and you do not lean far to the left I will apologize.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join