It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's Indonesian Allies In Bed With ISIS Backed Militia Seeking To Oust Elected President

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The Intercept

Associates of Donald Trump in Indonesia have joined army officers and a vigilante street movement linked to ISIS in a campaign that ultimately aims to oust the country’s president. According to Indonesian military and intelligence officials and senior figures involved in what they call “the coup,” the move against President Joko Widodo (known more commonly as Jokowi), a popular elected civilian, is being impelled from behind the scenes by active and retired generals.

Prominent supporters of the coup movement include Fadli Zon, vice speaker of the Indonesian House of Representatives and Donald Trump’s main political booster in the country; and Hary Tanoe, Trump’s primary Indonesian business partner, who is building two Trump resorts, one in Bali and one outside Jakarta.

This account of the movement to overthrow President Jokowi is based on dozens of interviews and is supplemented by internal army, police, and intelligence documents I obtained or viewed in Indonesia, as well as by NSA intercepts obtained by NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden. Many sources on both sides of the coup spoke on condition of anonymity. Two of them expressed apparently well-founded concerns about their safety.

Tanoe, who attended Trumps inauguration, supports the FPI movement which is the radical Islamic militia backed by ISIS that wishes to overthrow the moderate President.

Trump needs to be a lot more careful about who he conducts his business dealings with, it's not like this has only developed after he became president. Then again this is exactly WHY he shouldn't be conducting business at all.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Oh Yeah

According to Indonesian military and intelligence officials and senior figures involved

sources on both sides of the coup spoke on condition of anonymity

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Trump needs to be a lot more careful about who he conducts his business dealings with, it's not like this has only developed after he became president.

Why ?

The US has been in bed with people it shouldn't be since FDR got in to bed with the House of Saud.

Now that Trumps elected things should be different!.

Sure was different when the last prez got in to bed with the muslim brotherhood in Egypt.

Sure wasn't different when the last prez was arming AQ in Syria.

Sure wasn't different when the last prez was arming mexican drug cartels.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I`m pretty sure trump didn`t personally choose that contractor to construct his building and I`m also pretty sure that he doesn`t do background checks on the contractors who construct his buildings.

this is a non story.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

in this case, the Islamic Defenders Front, or FPI (Front Pembela Islam). Originally established by the security forces — the aparat — in 1998 as an Islamist front group to assault dissidents, the FPI has been implicated in violent extortion, especially of bars and sex clubs, as well as murders and attacks on mosques and churches

1998 was CLinton era.

And that doesn't make a lick of sense.

ISIS allies ?

FPI was around a lot longer than ISIS.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Right, because whenever someone tries to expose the truth of some horrible evil, they're just going to give their full name and address and not worry about it????

Do you honestly have a brain at all???

How else do you think dangerous information escapes into the public arena that carries a death sentence to anyone who exposes it???

Like they are supposed to attach video along with it saying, "Hi I'm so and so. I just exposed your whole illegal organization that will bring down your power and influence and your wealth and power. If you'd like to silence me or kill my family here is where you can find us."

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Do you honestly have a brain at all???

Most people with brains know that implication is not proof of guilt.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Now that Trumps elected things should be different!.

That's what you all kept saying before the election.

1) Can't defend Trump.
2) Triggered.
3) Must deflect to Obama.
4) Profit.
edit on 23-4-2017 by Hazardous1408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

This account of the movement to overthrow President Jokowi is based on dozens of interviews and is supplemented by internal army, police, and intelligence documents I obtained or viewed in Indonesia, as well as by NSA intercepts obtained by NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden. Many sources on both sides of the coup spoke on condition of anonymity. Two of them expressed apparently well-founded concerns about their safety.

First red flag. Trump Associates.

Second red flag. Heresay.

Third red flag more leaks by the 'deep state'.

I'm getting off at this stop.

May the train to nowhere continue.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I'm not saying it's right or wrong.

But to suggest we should just laugh it off because the guy didn't say who he was???

Please.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Right its bad now... but it was ok under the previous administration when they were pushing the TPP and re-writing what it means to be involved in human trafficking so certain "allies" would not be left out in that part of the world.

I do not know what the right answer is in those areas, they are rapidly becoming as screwed up as the ME or Africa.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The guilt by association mantra is baseless as far as criticism goes.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I don't see anyone but you saying any of those things are or were ok.

So stop deflecting and making false comparisons that nobody but yourself is making.

That tired ass, fake as f*ck, BS attempt at reassigning blame and focus has run it's course don't ya think????

We've all seen it a million times around here and it stopped working a long time ago if it ever did anyway.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Hit a nerve I think...

Look when people that proudly wave the banner of the left jump all over something and try to grab moral high ground, pointing out that the people they think walked on water had connections with bad people in the same part of the world is not a deflection or off topic... its pointing out that both the republicans and democrats are more than happy to wallow in the mud as long as they get paid.

As a supporter of a third option, I figure if it is pointed out often enough maybe just maybe a light will turn on and people will start to realize that both parties are garbage and voting for a hope is not good for anyone in this country.

we need to toss both parties out and start putting others in office if we want a real chance to fix things.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Someone peed in the pool, I guess we all should now?

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Meanwhile north of Indonesia here's what Filipino President say about ISIS:

So while Trump is cooperating with Terrorists, Duterte have a zero tolerance policy with Radical Islam.

edit on 4/23/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Doesn't change the fact that they are now backed by ISIS.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Tanoe, who attended Trumps inauguration, supports the FPI movement which is the radical Islamic militia backed by ISIS that wishes to overthrow the moderate President.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Someone peed in the pool, I guess we all should now?

Lots of someones from Indonesia sure were.

I can't help it it some of us have better water purifiers.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Doesn't change the fact that they are now backed by ISIS.

Well the saying the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Is a arab proverb from where Islam comes from.

And from where ISIS formally known as AQ hails from.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join