It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something wicked this way comes.... what a great retro Disney movie! What are your favs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Last night i watched 'Something Wicked This Way Comes'. Idk why, it just popped in my head. I havent seen it in probably 30 years! And its still just as creepy!
I like seeing that Disney wasnt giving us (i was born in 1980) movies about talking cars, and toys that come to life. We got movies about selling your soul to the Devil!!!!
What are your favorite retro movies? Tonight ill be watching 'Return To Oz'...

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Brian4real

I loved this one.
I was 8 when it came out.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I really liked this movie.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I don't really remember much of the movie except I had a crush on the little girl as a young boy. I'll have to check it out and see what its about.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Neith

I loved the original Tron but was very disappointed in the new one.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Here's a movie that could use a remake.

It was great to see it so many years ago.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

That's ok because i liked both.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I'm in love with "into the woods", the hansel n gretel scarytale, maleficent, the snow white with home girl from twilight. I just remembered. Snow White & the huntsman.
edit on 23-4-2017 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

return to oz creeped me out in a major way when I was younger. and I can 100% say that it wouldn't creep me out now.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Here is a video although I am sure it is not Disney and it gives you the chance to have your room transported into Hell.

edit on 23-4-2017 by icanseeyouhoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
For retro Disney movies one of my favs is -

"The Apple Dumpling Gang"...Don Knotts and Tim Conway are so funny!

And when my daughter was in elementary school (over 10 yrs ago) one of her favorites was -

- "The World's Greatest Athlete" the scenes with the near-sighted land-lady are hysterical...

Other favorites are the "Herbie" movies with Dean Jones - actually, most of the ones with Dean Jones are pretty funny..

These were all movies that I had watched as a kid in the late 60's - early 70's, and then enjoyed introducing my daughter and her friends to in the early 2000's...

I highly encourage anyone with kids to check out all of the Disney 'non-animated' movies from that time period. They are so sweet and funny - and very much worth watching.

Oh almost forgot:

"The Parent Trap" and "That Darn Cat" - the original versions with Haley Mills

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
This movie was always such a great movie and if you ever get the chance make sure to read the book as well. This movie IMO is one movie that could really use a remake, since like most people usually hate remakes but this one might be able to do better.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Yeah, and who can forget that Kurt Russell was the main "Kid" for Disney movies of the 60s.

Him and his Tennis shoes.....

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
As far as Disney classics, this one was creepy also.

Child of Glass

Also, I loved the movie Something Wicked this way Comes. I had forgotten all about it. Thanks for reminding me! S&F

This is a good classic also I've not seen in years. The Quest (1986)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

I watched Return to Oz the other day (havent seen it in 30 years), and recognized the lil girl! Its Fairuza Balk!
Shes in, 'The Witches of Eastwick', 'American History X', and a slew of other movies.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brian4real
a
I watched Return to Oz the other day (havent seen it in 30 years), and recognized the lil girl! Its Fairuza Balk!
Shes in, 'The Witches of Eastwick'...

I think you meant The Craft.

My favorite Disney movie is whichever one is responsible for messing up Lindsey Lohan.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That's it!!! Thanks!!! I usually google just to make sure, but was in a hurry yesterday. Lets just hope this doesnt catch the attention from the Mandela Effecters....

top topics

join