It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does the Left hate Rich Successful people?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
The left mostly is rich successful people and poor minorities who buy the media propaganda.

Everyone else wants the government out of their business.

Close... The rich liberals create the media propaganda and the poor buy it. On the right most people focus more closer to home in providing for their families and personally working on doing better in life. Most super rich might as well live on Mars as far as they effect me or I have concerns about them.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
THANKS GREEDY LEFTISTS.

Aren't they just so effing special.

You do know that the Revenue Act of 1916 (which instituted the estate tax) was passed with support from Republicans:

Those distributional concerns did not generally extend to the estate tax. Several vocal critics of the income tax -- including Roosevelt's son-in-law, Rep. Nicholas Longworth -- were considered sympathetic to the estate tax. Republicans had a history of supporting estate tax proposals, at least in times of national emergency. Roosevelt, of course, had been a champion. So too was President William Howard Taft. And in 1909 a Republican majority in the House actually passed an estate tax (although Senate conservatives were quick to kill it off). Source

edit on 23-4-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

link   
a reply to: Greven

Combined gross asset.

Which in a farms case is the current real estate price per acre multiple by the total acreage plus equipment, building.

The equipment and building have loans on them.

Which means there is no value per say

Other than the current price of the real estate that goes for multi millions.

Large farms go in the tens of millions.

Farmers have absolutely no power over the real estate value.

link   
a reply to: neo96

But you were talking specifically about the Death Tax. You can't just say one specific thing and then lump in all other forms of it along with it without identifying them.

That's like saying Roses smell good but the thorns on Roses hurt when they poke you. Therefore Flowers suck because they have thorns that hurt you. But not all flowers are Roses nor do they all have thorns.

Not all taxes are half of whatever it is you're talking about as there are different types of taxes and they apply to different situations and at different amounts.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Thats absolutely meaningless.

Because a guy named Wilson was president. That signed it in to law.

A DEMOCRAT. also the guy that passed the federal reserve act of 1913

And Republicans have repeatedly tried to repeal the death tax for decades.

Only to stopped by LEFTISTS.
edit on 23-4-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

You do know how the government works, right? Congress passes a law, then the President signs it. In this case, the law was passed with support from both parties. Your cherished Republicans wanted an estate tax just as much as the vile Democrats. They could have filibustered I,t but guess what? They didn't.

And Republicans have repeated tried to repeak the death tax for decades.

Well, since they have both houses and the Presidency I guess it will get repealed now, wont it?

edit on 23-4-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer but at least he is not off his meds

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I know how politics work.

GW's to blame for the Patriot Act, and apparently Republicans are to blame for the Death tax.

Even though a Democrat was president, and Democrats held both majorities of congress at the time.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

And Republicans have repeatedly tried to repeal the death tax for decades.

This is why things stay completely screwed up.

Because it's always the other side who's doing the wrong stuff.

Wake up man!!!!

The only sides are the one's you're being told exist. Yet everything has been moving in basically one direction for as long as we can remember.

We're all on a rollercoaster that's heading through dark tunnels and scary falls and dramatic loops. Some are in the left seat and some are in the right seat. Some in the front and some in the back. They have have slightly different views and experiences and they happen at different times depending upon where you're at. But the ride never changes course. It doesn't leave the track regardless of what seat your in. You just see it differently.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod
The Left is obsessed with importing illegal immigrants who possess little skill or wealth and only further grow the gap between the rich and the poor. Then the Left has this eternal argument about how they have right to tax the top 1% or even rich successful people like millionaires. I think America needs a cooling off period to allow the illegals to assimilate into American culture. And that means stopping all immigration also known as pulling a FDR Who was a Democrat Trump on steroids.

Rush made an excellent point about immigration why would you bring your kids here to such a racist sexist misgyony Society such as America? Yes America has it Sins like slavery but at least American civilization never performed human sacrifice such as the ancient societies of Mexico. I mean just imagine if America had a cooling off period of just 10 years. We might actually be able to save hand out programs like Social Security.

It seems to me that the left is only interested in the votes of the illegals. Because if people truly wanted to experience the American dream he wouldn't be taxing the rich or even moderately upper-class citizens that America has already. The rich provide the jobs.

The Left doesn't hate the rich. They say they do but most of the rich are leftest.

The left hates the rich who will not support their psychobabble and causes. I bet many rich people support the left just to stay insulated from being targeted by the crazies.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

This is why things stay completely screwed up.

The reason things are continually SCREWED UP is because leftists have an absolute slobbering love affair with other peoples money.

They LOVE taxing other people,.

They LOVE snipping, and moaning about what someone else has.

But are too effing good to live by their own standards.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

As I said.

WAKE UP!!!!

You don't have the slightest idea of what the Left thinks.

How could you, you wouldn't dare come down from your tower to talk to any of them.

God forbid you ever attain any kind of power or influence as you'd jump in with both feet to become an elitist tyrant over any and all who would dare to offend your might superiority.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I know how politics work.

No, sadly you don't. I can teach you but you need to pay attention.

GW's to blame for the Patriot Act, and apparently Republicans are to blame for the Death tax.

Even though a Democrat was president, and Democrats held both majorities of congress at the time.

Oh, woe is me!!!! Poor Neo the Martyr. Boo-hoo for your heroes.

No, both parties are to blame for both of those bills, they passed bi-partisanly* as they both wanted them.

*This is a big person expression regarding politics and means that both sides agreed on the topic

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I am considered center-left.

But the main reason why the left taxes the richest 1 percent of the american people is not out of hatred for them. It is quite simply because of their closed minded operations that harm our fragile economic ecosystem.

No matter what you do to make money at this point in time, most companies undermine, cut and paste, or down right out price their competition. And what this does is create that "bottom line" mindset in companies. As long as they make a profit, # the planet, # the workers, # the press, # the facts, # the customers, # everything and everyone. I am finally making money.

So when a company comes along that say... topples the iphone in every corner of its existence. Better phone that is more durable, has a 120 GB storage drive, graphics card that is able to display billions of polygons, comes with its own built in blast speakers, has the perfect screen size with an indestructible face even if you drop it on concrete it doesn't crack, the phone automatically calls for help when it hears you are in trouble, comes with an autonatic condom dispenser. You get what i am saying. If a cell phone company produces a device that you cant live without. Any device, service, or good imaginable. If you love it enough you will blind yourself to workers you displace (the factories that have been shut down and abandoned all across america), the planet's survivability including animal habitats and natural resources, and finally the modern money mechanics can not function properly because this company is basically playing dirty.

If you want to become a billionaire... all you need to become is extremely selfish.

As long as you can find a way to cut out money from workers (by going to other countries to produce the materials needed for creating your product or service) or cut money from materials (by once again going to another country to find and export materials that are priced lower than what you can find in america) and as long as you can keep it a secret from your customers long enough to get them singing your name.... they do not care about their actions. They only care about their bottom line.

You can continue to think billionaires care about americans all you want. I know several of them. They don't care about anything, except having enough money to buy what ever it is they are after.

Eventually they will have enough money to kill every single one of us in the us in the future.

And i honestly think it is already beginning to happen. Call me crazy but if you get in the qay of a company making profits.... be prepared to be killed either publicly, or privately. And you better hope it is done privately.

Billionaires are only friends with Benjamin's.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

The funny thing is that many of the people that claim to hate the rich are extremely rich themselves. The Hollywood and Political class are extremely guilty of this. They all live in posh white neighborhoods with gates and armed security while trying to tell everyone else to live in the ghetto.

Very elitist.

Kind of like Al Gore yapping about carbon while flying in a private jet and owning 20 mansions.

Why do people fall for this crap?

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

Nice. Notice Lake County, Illinois, and Johnson County, Kansas. Also Cook County, Illinois and Douglas County, Kansas. The latter two did not make the list, but are still prosperous and settled.

Those are the areas where I come from. From birth to now.
Where my extended family comes from. Where my kids come from.

edit on 4/23/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Here is what we are about:

Plenty of rich successful people on our side.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Class warfare is the oldest type of warfare.

The have-nots going after the haves.

Until the have-nots become the haves. Then it's okay, until the have-nots decide that the haves have too much.

Then the have-nots get to be the haves.

Rinse and repeat.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

It was worse for millions who couldnt go to doctor. No money no access. Until the illness becomes critical enough for ER. Then they send you a huge bill. We can't go back to that. Insurance premiums have been increasing 15 to 25 % before obamacare. I had to pay it.

You refer to the last 8 years and Obama. I assume this means admitting Trump lied and is not better.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Yes because if we deregulate the rich and get rid of the min wage, businesses will just decide to forgo profits and pay people more out of the kindness of there little wall street hearts... 

If there is an abundance of jobs and a shortage of workers, wages will go up.

If the opposite is true, wages will go down.

Simple supply and demand.

With automation taking all the jobs , where is this mystery influx of jobs comming from???

Cashiers??? Gone to kiosks..

Waitress?? Gone to kiosks..

Short order cooks? Gone to robots ,

Exc exc exc..

We are gonna have mass unemployment in no time.. reguardless of work ethic

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
a reply to: Stevemagegod

Because if people truly wanted to experience the American dream he wouldn't be taxing the rich or even moderately upper-class citizens that America has already. The rich provide the jobs.

Don't tax the rich or almost rich??
Do you expect the poorest people to pay all the taxes? That won't bring in enough to support the military, or the infrastructure of the country. Plus no money left for food and household bills.

Maybe a consumer tax? Tax on stuff bought (not food), like cars, furniture, etc...
That will be a tax on the highest spenders.

Companies build the Military and Building to do business and War is a Business.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join