It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does the Left hate Rich Successful people?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

You're talking luxury tax.

Where I live, we even have a sales tax on food - and sales tax is a consumption tax.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

You seem smart so let me ask, where is your billion dollars?

Who said smarts is all it takes to reach a billion? This is exactly my point, do you realize how difficult it is to reach a billion? You don't reach it by accident without hard work, regardless of who your daddy is and who your connects are. Some of the most successful and well connected people in the world won't reach a billion.

15 million millionaires in US alone, less than 2000 billionaires in the WORLD. Do the math.

By your logic, if you start a business and find the right people and put them in the right places and your business succeeds, you can't take any credit for it? Isn't this how all business work?

If I gave you a million could you turn it into a billion?

ETA: and I'll say this as well, no idiot or moron ever became a billionaire.
edit on 23-4-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

The small details are beyond my scope on how to see it all before its implemented, but let's all think about this for a minute...

Why in the hell would the largest economy in the entire world not take full advantage of foreigners paying full taxes on American soil... equal to that of what an American citizen would pay? It's pure insanity if you ask me... it would be like Walmart only building their cheap goods and prices in the most lavish of neighborhoods... bad marketing.

If U.S. economy involvement is what's wished for by globalists, then they should be paying the taxes to support the infrastructure as well.

It makes zero sense to fund a billion dollar IRS operation to keep Americans imprisoned to a bracketry system that equally involves a fully GLOBAL economy.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Because if we lived in the " correct " kinda world where things are handled reasonably, you would be right.

However, People in America have created some rather messed up means of making their money, then they just want to make even more money, so they do whatever they can to keep such a thing up.

Why would you try to bleed a rock ( foreign workers via taxes ) when you can bleed an actual human, legally via their value to the prison population?

We the people have been dog and pony showed, we all focus on where-ever we are told their is smoke, meanwhile the real dangerous people go unspoken of.

If you think your government is the problem, you'd only been looking at the reason there is a problem, but not the actual cause further up the pay scale, why would people care about the 8 to 20 years they're in office when they can worry about the lifetime of generations...

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

All hungry should be fed... that is not something that should be debatable. What foods are needed as compared to foods that are wanted should be implemented. No tax for water, bread... necessity items... clothes & school supplies. But, if someone wants a Whopper, Big Mac, fancy fish eggs, or rare blueberries... then pay the full tax as all wanted items. We have to use some common sense here... cell phones are not life necessary items and should not be put on government assistance programs.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

To me, it all feeds back to legacy... the wealth attached to it is like the tumor that keeps growing and growing.

It's time to stop pointing fingers, because you know what... the U.S. voters could easily put a thorn into the side of the system by not voting red and or blue only. The quicker the citizens of the U.S. can break down the 2 party legacies and expand the choices of voters, the quicker we will get to moving forward and debating healing measures as opposed to finger pointing measures.

I can't see red or blue... I can only see the purple they combine to when the choices of wealth steer the movements of poor.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tranceopticalinclined

We need to highlight how the taxes are handled, highlight the issue of how certain people are being charged more than others who make more.

I'm all for taxing those who made their money in the lands that are taxing them, that's sustainable, what isn't sustainable is over taxing those middle class people because they show signs of profiting, that's not helping anyone.

We need 100% transparency and I have been working out some ideas to formulate such a medium.

This is not an unfounded issue.

For example, anyone below $118,500 paid a 6.2% Social Security income tax on their wages - and their employer did too - which means self-employed people get hit twice. However, it is capped at that threshold, so only a maximum of $7,347 (for each side) is ever devoted to Social Security. There's also medicare at 1.45% (an additional $200k+ employee-side 0.9% rate exists now too).

If you earn $118.5k it's 6.2% - but if you earn double that, it's only a 3.1% rate. Double it again, and it's only a 1.55% rate. Marginal tax brackets change it, though, so let's look at that:
For $14813, it's 11.87% + 6.2% + 1.45% = 19.52% (+ 0%)
For $29625, it's 13.43% + 6.2% + 1.45% = 21.08% (+ 0%)
For $59250, it's 17.86% + 6.2% + 1.45% = 25.51% (+ 0%)
For $118.5k, it's 22.12% + 6.2% + 1.45% = 29.69% (+ 0%)
For $237k, it's 26.05% + 3.1% + 1.45% = 30.6% (+ 0.14%)
For $474k, it's 30.35% + 1.55% + 1.45% = 33.35% (+ 0.52%)
For $948k, it's 34.98% + 0.755% + 1.45% = 37.205% (+ 0.71%)

Don't forget to add another 6.2% for Social Security and another 1.45% for Medicare if you're self-employed.
Then add on state income taxes...
edit on 12Sun, 23 Apr 2017 12:56:03 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago4 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

I don't see any evidence that anyone hates the rich. Not where it counts.
But, they are still not happy so we are being asked by the GOP to make life harder so the rich can have more. What's to hate?

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

The fact that all that stuff and bracketing costs time and money to implement, I think it should be avoided. The mere fact that I don't know exactly where my finances will bracket itself causes me as a business owner to be really conservative about spending 10k in assets to cover the upcoming taxes.

Not only would eliminating the brackets free up billions in other areas of need due to removing the IRS, it's a clear and easy 33% tax on all non needed goods. I'd be more comfortable as a business owner if I could avoid IRS measures, and simply take the $7,500 you speak of and invest the $5k into the business the way I want... while dishing off and automatic $2.5k to Uncle Sam. Easy and done with... and way cheaper than an IRS system.

Those numbers are great, but do little to address the loophole networks in tax code... networks that are typically reserved for the legacies and wealthy.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

But we saw the same under the last 8 years with bail out ect. Not to mention much of whatever we are seeing today in a multitude of these rich getting richer. Just look at insurance. Wife and me pay 3 times what we did before AHC and still I went to a Urgent Care....they charged me 100 and the insurance 300. Everyone is getting into the rapine of the middle class now and before now.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Answering your OP...because they can't control them. PERIOD! The left hate America, they hate freedom, they hate success among the people. Why? Because they use the people as livestock to line their pockets, control the country and force their agenda which...if you follow it to where they want...YOU are nothing. Government is everything. You are livestock FOR the government...run by them.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
Answering your OP...because they can't control them. PERIOD! The left hate America, they hate freedom, they hate success among the people. Why? Because they use the people as livestock to line their pockets, control the country and force their agenda which...if you follow it to where they want...YOU are nothing. Government is everything. You are livestock FOR the government...run by them.

That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

That is exactly the same tired propagandist BS speech given by every ignorant war monger on earth who's trying to get his people to believe in some fake ass enemy over there somewhere.

I mean word for word. "They hate our Freedom", "They hate America", "They hate babies and cute puppies and apple pie". Give me a f*cking break. Just listen to yourself. You want to know who the real enemy is, it's you and people like you who label others like you're doing right now and making enemies out of people who've you've decided to demonize to push your own twisted agenda.

Put yourself in check and watch what it is you're doing. You're creating enemies out of nowhere just so you can wage war when there is none.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I just have the hardest time within... so conflicted about the ideas that divide must be created to find resolve, when only uniting will likely yield positive results.

The way my mind works, it takes a step back and looks at all (myself included), and tries to settle to the high probability that all sides have an equal play in bad choices of past. Who pointed when and where is kind of irrelevant to the big picture, isn't it? But debates from that standpoint almost leave people in lonesome anymore... like the concepts of turning to self reflection is just too much to add to conclusion. Without an an attachment to a group, it's like people feel vulnerable anymore to include themselves to possibly be an equal to the promotions of divide.

It's such a weird thing to me, because as soon as words that speak of divide are displayed... people are quick to jump out of the wood works to defend a side and or point fingers at the other side. Middle ground debate seemingly falls on deaf ears more and more around this site.

What ever happened to denying ignorance?

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

That is exactly the same tired propagandist BS speech given by every ignorant war monger on earth who's trying to get his people to believe in some fake ass enemy over there somewhere.

I mean word for word. "They hate our Freedom", "They hate America", "They hate babies and cute puppies and apple pie". Give me a f*cking break. Just listen to yourself. You want to know who the real enemy is, it's you and people like you who label others like you're doing right now and making enemies out of people who've you've decided to demonize to push your own twisted agenda.

Put yourself in check and watch what it is you're doing. You're creating enemies out of nowhere just so you can wage war when there is none.

It is clear as day that the ultra left do indeed hate everything America. Freedom of speech? Right to bear arms? Etc. Hating our constitution is hating America. Letting criminals go so they can continue to destroy America, shows they do not care for America. Anyone who cared would want criminals gone and proper immigration laws, etc.

The left constantly chant how America sucks because of Whitey (Michelle anyone?) So no, his reply was not stupid, your reply to his was, whether intentional or due to ignorance.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

They love our FREEDOM, as well as our separation of mindsets and willpower.

Our nation used to get things done because we all WORKED for a greater good. No longer is that true, it's been eroding away ironically since the end of what was perceived as the greater good was no longer needed.

Ever wonder why there is all this segmentation in a country with " United " in it's title?

It's designed, not by the founding fathers, by the people trying to make you think everyone is " so " different in opinion when in reality, everyone wants others to have " enough ".

So now you need to ask yourself, do you votes, protests, angry letters to representatives really matter as much as you think?

It's hard to see, when time and president again we have the same issues growing worse, with the overtone changing and colored lights being lit up.

You can speak, with your spending, watch how things will change if you buy LOCALLY, not from walmart from your local economy and not these inflated egobrands lurking into politics like it was some unmonitored cookie jar.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Generational wealth.......let it be know that no, as in zero, invaders, tyrants, exploiter ect ever gave a dam about generational wealth or standing. Just ask the Romanov family.

But what the types never tell anyone is that the communists were taking away 10 acre farms from people that had inherited the land from the father. Not that they need a reason like that because they were taking away 10 acre farms however a farmer came by them.......in the name of crushing embryonic large farm mentality......which naturally were also confiscated.

edit on 23-4-2017 by Logarock because: n

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I also find it interesting that when it comes to blaming someone else everyone just blames massive groups like Liberals, Conservatives, Left or Right. But when any kind of blame gets close to us personally that's when we start demanding careful examination and absolute proof of our own personal involvement.

That's why nobody takes any blame on themselves. Because we all know to some extent every single one of us is responsible for the world we live in. I may not be directly responsible for some sweat shop in china abusing kinds but somewhere in the chain of events I've bought a product or something that helped contribute ever so slightly to it happening. Which is good because it gives me plenty of room to justify myself as being innocent of the worlds problems. Which is what I'll say if anyone even myself starts blaming me for it.

At the same time if I find out the CEO of some the corporation is a Republican who uses that sweat shop, every Right Wing person or Conservative is automatically 100% to blame as well.

Obviously that makes no sense but it's that kind of thinking we see here every day.

Some douche kid at Berkley decides he doesn't want someone saying something and instantly, everyone on the left hates freedom, loves Hitler and are Marxists/Communists who are part of ISIS and worship Satan over God. All because some kid none of us have ever met or give a damn about says something.

But of course in reverse, they were just a lone nut and not affiliated to anyone else...

It's getting to be so often that the same methods are used it's just getting tiresome. We are here rolling over the same false narratives and propaganda over and over again. The same false arguments. It never changes. What's the point even???

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

It is clear as day that the ultra left do indeed hate everything America. Freedom of speech? Right to bear arms? Etc. Hating our constitution is hating America. Letting criminals go so they can continue to destroy America, shows they do not care for America. Anyone who cared would want criminals gone and proper immigration laws, etc.

The left constantly chant how America sucks because of Whitey (Michelle anyone?) So no, his reply was not stupid, your reply to his was, whether intentional or due to ignorance.

No, that reply was just as stupid as I said it was. Only yours is now running up to tie with it.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
It's simple ignorance to think the left hates rich people. The op must have run out of material to whine about Obama so he made up this nonsense. The left loves the rich they just hate arrogant assholes whole think just because they inherited money from daddy that makes them the privileged class and better than everyone. Like that sorry sack of crap that infests the oval office.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Why is he a sorry sack of crap? Cause His Father left him something? Be sure to give to charity all your parents may leave you so you can stay ideologically pure.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join