It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does the Left hate Rich Successful people?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

Immigrants and their kids have gone on to be some very successful and rich business people.

Bank of American, for example, was founded by the son of an Italian immigrant. His name was Amadeo Giannini.

en.wikipedia.org...

So I don't think that immigration is a bad thing.

However I will agree that giving immigrants hand outs isn't the way to go either. If you come here, you come here to work.

Just like my family did. Everyone works and makes their own way.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
It's not the rich and succesful...
It's about them thinkink they are god...it's about them thinking they are more or better then anybody else...it's about them thinking they can control your life and it's about them acting as if that's the norm and it's about them acting as if they are alone in this world and the earth evolves around them.

There are rich succesfull people with good values, but they are very rare!

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I am not sure about the left but I have had nothing but negative experiences with "rich" people. Being poor, with a single mother in an apartment while I was little, I was sent to a "rich" school and boy was I tormented daily. I was one of the only kids wearing your typical walmart style cloths and shoes and I was taunted daily for not having the latest Nike shoes, etc.

Further on in life, when working with jobs dealing with tips, it was the rich people and neighborhoods that stiff you. The more wealthy the neighborhood, the worse it was. I have no problems with honest success as so long as the person has an ounce of moral left. Lets face it, the rich do not like YOU either. That just seems to be how things are structured.

But I am not bashing everyone who is rich and successful, just saying that it seems the majority of those people are mentally and morally scum.

ETA: The movie Snowpiercer kind of sums it up.

edit on 23-4-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Also, we don't hate the rich successful people in Hollywood, either. I think sports figures and on-air commentators are overpaid. But the celebrities like Meryl Streep, Garrison Keillor, Al Franken (Sen.), Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart....that lot. You know....yes, they are very respected and appreciated by us. Far, far more than anyone in DC right now except for Bernie and Elizabeth Warren.

It's all about their characters, their behavior, and their beneficence to society in general, on which they rely....or did, until the kid in China got lucky enough to earn 5 CENTS.

The guy who buys a computer for every classroom? vs A guy who outsourced to a Chinese sweatshop for children or a dangerous warehouse in Bangladesh?

Classrooms, please. Plastic Chinese shoes that cost 3 dollars....bad. But I bought a pair to wear in the yard. I can't afford Nordstroms, even with a 20-percentile income. I'm saving for retirement. Trying to pay off debts.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

I had a similar childhood experience. My parents moved to the town to start a business, and instead of planting our family in the "upscale" neighborhoods, they deliberately chose a working-class neighborhood. So that we would not become elitist insufferable snobs. Instead, we would be articulate, creative, educated regular people.

That is the same type of neighborhood I live in today, and by far where I am most comfortable.
I, too, was bullied by the wealthier kids.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

They believe wealth is a zero-sum game, that when one gets rich it means another is getting poor. They believe the rich get rich off the backs of others. These are false beliefs.

What do you make of the lack of wages rising for everyone but the rich while productivity continues to increase?

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz
a reply to: Greven

If everyone agreed to work for minimum wage, would wages go up or down?

I'm not getting your question.

Are you asking what if everyone came to a consensus on what wage they should all be making?

Because that is impossible.

Have you never negotiated your pay?

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

No one hates the rich and successful..

The left goes after those who make themselves rich and successful on the backs of those who they don't even pay enough to feed , cloth and house their employees...

Does the left hate hollywood, where everyone makes a decent wage??

What about google, tesla and Cisco, who are held up as proof you can do it the right way??

But when Walmart makes 16 billion in profits while paying the average employee 8$ an hour, and 8 an hour can't even pay for the worst apartment, the worst food and clothing and the worst transportation and phone . Then obviously their is a problem.

Should you be able to make a billion dollars a year off the work of 5 employees you pay 7.25$ an hour too???

How in the most modern country on the planet, can you work an adult for a full time work week, for less pay than that person needs just to make it back and forth to that job...

While tax dollars go to welfare to provide what their employer is not..

This is something I have been saying for years, In the UK companies such as tesco, asda, sainsburys all have low paying jobs and the employees are elegible for top ups from the government yet they still post hundreds of millions of pound profit a year.

Something has to change, stop these companies hording wealth

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Why do people paint everything with such broad strokes?

I would say I'm surprised but considering the OP, I'm really not.

It's Sunday. High time for yet another "let's hate on the lefties," thread.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Because there really is no LEFT and RIGHT only people of the United States.

But having you believe just that, would mean you'd want to take pride in your country, you'd want to focus the blame on those in power instead of scapegoats that each sides nitpicks.

When in fact it's the very sides yelling at you that are causing problems.

Guess what, none of you are LEFT or RIGHT, that's your opinion but ultimately, YOURE AMERICAN...

So maybe you don't need to take a side, maybe you need to follow the shell with the ball under it and stop following the deceptions, that's how they get you to basically start a problem where there wasn't one.

If any of you do pick sides and root for them, do you even know why or is it because you hate in general?

Last time I checked, we were all humans 1st, Americans second and opinions come after those two.

Get a grip, seems many are being passed on over to the dark side.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

I can give you multiple examples of both sides painting with broad strokes.
The left is just as guilty as the right.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

You seem smart so let me ask, where is your billion dollars? did the Rupert Murdoch media empire get to where it is through hard work? no. He got daddy's money, hired others with daddy's money to acquire assets for him-it's his 'underlings' that deserve the credit, not him because it's hard to build an empire by yourself and you certainly don't take credit for it because that's a d**k move.

If I want to start a potato farm, do I go out and buy potatoes? no. If I want to start a car company do I go buy a car? no. Nearly everything Trump has created is a failure, and all Murdoch did was woo companies with money, innovation had nothing to do with it.

The moment you build your own multi billion dollar industry without your families money I will gladly shake your hand and congratulate you, but in this day in age where there are so many automatons and so little innovations...good luck.

And BTW it costs at least 30 thousand on average to start your own franchise, so you had better start sawing or have a rich father.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

Are you asking what if everyone came to a consensus on what wage they should all be making?

Of course I have.

With my employer.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

You seem smart so let me ask, where is your billion dollars? did the Rupert Murdoch media empire get to where it is through hard work? no

Actually HE did, it was hard work.

Murdoch declined to join his late father's registered public company and created his own private company,

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Folks in this thread really have some skewed views...most of which seem built on only what they've heard from their side's talking heads.

I would be interested to hear what some of you left leaning people consider wealthy? I'd be interested to hear if you think the "poor" bear any resonsibilty for the condition of their schools...you know, in the sanctuary cities where the left leaning politicians allow gangs and violence to run rampant and tie police hands so they can't even begin to enforce laws already on the books.

Like some here, I grew up without much, at times our family eating out of cans stamped "cheese" or "peanut butter". We didn't get fancy little cards so we could buy cigarettes and steak, or whatever extravagant foods crossed our fancy.

...that said, I take responsibility for my lot in life. No rich person owes me anything and if I lined their pockets, it is because "I" agreed to provide some type of labor for a wage. It's getting to the point I wish some of you would take your "Life Participant" trophy and go home so we could have an honest shot at making this Country work for those willing to put in the effort.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

A consumption tax would not impact the poor in negative fashions... and I am an anti-rich supporter.

Poor people aren't buying Benz's and Mansions... a 33% tax on purchased goods, while keeping entire earnings would put the tax burdens to the purchases themselves, and eliminate bracketing systems, and all infrastructures attached... IRS.

Not to mention, that foreign tourists become U.S. tax payers additionally... far offsetting any contributions the poor were impacted by.

I would have a lot more money in savings if I weren't taxed 50% of my earnings before I even get to choose where the money goes. That's right, 50% taxed... we all are that are employed by another. We pay a bracketed 30+%, then have to pay any state, city, local, and ordinance taxes along the way too. By the time all legislation processes are factored, we only have 50% of our earnings left to choose. Think about that... if you have a job, you work from New Year's Day to June/July time frame, FOR ABSOLUTELY FREE.

The wealth already gained, just opens up a vortex of financial influence and loop holes. At least with a consumption tax, if the rich wanted to waste their money on so much materialistic nonsense, they would not be evading the taxes due along the way.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

Of course I have.

With my employer.

Naturally.

If you had asked for say - minimum wage - do you reckon your employer would have obliged?

link   
a reply to: Daalder

Well said!!!

And, thank you for leaving the directions out of it... it shows how intelligent you are!

link   
a reply to: ttobban

We need to highlight how the taxes are handled, highlight the issue of how certain people are being charged more than others who make more.

I'm all for taxing those who made their money in the lands that are taxing them, that's sustainable, what isn't sustainable is over taxing those middle class people because they show signs of profiting, that's not helping anyone.

We need 100% transparency and I have been working out some ideas to formulate such a medium.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I don't hate people because they are rich. I find that once I get to know them there are far better reasons to hate someone than their earnings potential.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join