It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My personal thoughts on California.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

My cousin moved to L.A. For a job after graduating from Purdue with some sort of degree in concrete construction. He built structures like parking garages for about five years.

He said he needed to get away from the congestion, taxes and the political hoops needed to work construction in Los Angeles.

He moved to Chicago......been there ten years.
Let that sink in a bit.
Chicago was an improvement.... Wow.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: Annee

The problem is a lot of us want at least proper compensation for our losses.

You should look up Chavez Ravine. Many residents there were screwed over when they created Dodger Stadium.

They weren't given compensation.

I under stand the need for change but it needs to be gradual and smoother.

I was born in a trailer park in Compton. I'm native.

Yes, I know those areas. You don't go there after dark. And probably not a good idea to go there during the day.

Cool, I was born in a Mansion in the middle of the Rocky Mountains.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

a reply to: randyvs

No worries.

I do have to have to say that Hollyweird no longer produced a lot of great caliber TV shows and Movies anymore though like the ones in the past.

Now most movies are remakes and sequels and a lot of TV shows are showing trash like Keeping Up with the Kardashians.

They truly don't.

What they do make is shot elsewhere like Canada and other countries.

Hollywood outsources.

Not to mention Chinese investment has gotten huge there.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I live in Eagle Rock and while yes I'm aware of Gangbangers or cholos as Latinos call them in places like Compton, part of this has a lot of to do with widespread poverty among Hispanic and African American communities.

By displacing the lower class residents, your only moving the problem elsewhere.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13
There are some great and beautiful parts of California I love. There are also some absolute arm pits that are totally disgusting and putrefied. Like San Francisco and LA and Hollywood. For those who have never been to Hollywood it is one bizarre and f'd up place. You can just feel the negativity permeate the air in that town.

Hollywood the physical area is old, and home to many senior citizens.

Hollywood the myth is "Days Gone By".

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I live in Eagle Rock and while yes I'm aware of Gangbangers or cholos as Latinos call them in places like Compton, part of this has a lot of to do with widespread poverty among Hispanic and African American communities.

By displacing the lower class residents, your only moving the problem elsewhere.

Yet, you're complaining about Liberals.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I specify that I'm referring to Liberal Elites and Regressive Leftists and not ordinary liberals.

Look Anne, a lot of the people that hated them came from Ethnic minorities and many of us are not Conservatives.

A lot of us also have liberal views but have problems with Liberal Elitists screwing us over left and right.
edit on 4/23/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
S&f for a very well written and composed OP.
I think there is good and bad to every place.
I love visiting California.. I have always enjoyed the people I met, the places I saw, the food, entertainment, cities and of course the most singular forest in the world, The Redwood Forest. There are no words to describe the place.

But I do think you make valid points as well.

edit on 23-4-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

California redwood is a lot like British Columbia.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I specify that I'm referring to Liberal Elites and Regressive Leftists and not ordinary liberals.

Look Anne, a lot of the people that hated them came from Ethnic minorities and many of us are not Conservatives.

A lot of us also have liberal views but have problems with Liberal Elitists screwing us over left and right.

Please explain what a Liberal Elitist is.

Maybe some laws need to be changed to practicality. Like currently its against the law to have more then 4 people in a 2 bedroom apartment.

edit on 23-4-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Neith

I'm sure there are places that resemble but the real giants reside in Cali

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Liberal Elitist:

Basically, they tend to be Hollyweird celebrities, Hipsters, upper middle class and upper class liberals, while they supported noble causes such as environmentalism, can be very arrogant and not care about the plight of the lower and middle class (Even though they claim to care about them) and live in their own little world. Like their goals are just a decoration.

It's hard to explain unless you live with us and see for yourself, Annee.
edit on 4/23/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Los angeles native here and i agree with you nearly 100 percent. Grew up in the heart of hollywood. Entire family multi generations part if the hollywood entertainment industry. I still work occasionally in the industry do manual blue collar labor the other 75 percent of the time.

Los angeles is so bad everybody including the upper middle class are moving out. Im even moving out of los angeles all he way to australia im so tied of the direction los angeles is going.

I predict in ten years time los angeles will have large ghost town like buildings and neighborhoods and have similar problems as detroit.

But in this case the crap mayor and city leaders and officials along with development firms will be the ones to blame. Taking back room deals to line their pockets even though they are destroying the economic infrastructure and backbone of the city and driving the working class away. Gentrifying everything.

La is almost past the zulu point of no return. It will look spectacular for a half decade as all these pretty buildings nobody can afford to live in get built. And the ones who can live in em are transient to the la lifestyle. The ultra wealthy Here to strip mine the citys econony and get out. So either way ghost town. Gone out in a blaze of psuedo faux decadence.

The people who still want to live in los angeles are either really wealthy or just dont kbow any better and are clueless in their struggle and low quality of life in the rat race here.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

I'm sure there are places that resemble but the real giants reside in Cali

Have you been to BC?

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

No but I do know that the world's largest tree is in Cali.. I've seen the valley of the giants.. it's quite impressive.

I hope I can see all of the best the world has to offer but we'll see.

edit on 23-4-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Yes they have some really big trees. But are they bigger than these guys?

vancouverislandbigtrees.blogspot.ca...

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Rogan's interview with Colin Moriarty and the story behind why he "left" IGN falls right in line with the "cult of California's" progressive agenda. The whole video is worth watching, but you can jump to 4:20 if you don't have the time. He claims that the gaming "industry" is almost entirely ultra-liberal, resides in California, and forces anyone out that is found to be in opposition of the underlying cultist ideology.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

lol you know what nm this is starting to sound like a cock fight and i don't even have one.

laughs... Im just curious to see who's bigger that's all.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

LA being like Detroit,now that's hard to believe unless the US suffers another Economic Depression but then again as stated in my OP, the glamour of LA is nothing more than a fairy tale.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

lol, mine's bigger than yours!

Just kidding. The Vancuver Island forest looks lovely.

But I wouldn't write off California Redwoods (or the rest of California) either. That forest is by far the most mystical place I've been. And I do like to wander (at least I did before young kids made that more tricky).

Sorry OP for the diversion.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join