It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Because I Need To...that is why!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: blend57
Because we are most human when we can be ourselves. When we get to show others our talents and share all that makes us...us. When we can explore our own thoughts, ideas, feelings and know that no matter what, we stayed true to who we are.

I appreciate your strong convictions. I would just like to add to what it means when "we are most human". The difference between adolescence and being an adult is the capacity to take care of others. Just as the peak of adolescence is the self-centered Hero who is inspiring, the peak of being an adult is a selfless saint suffering pain in the service of others.

Some people are too self-centered. Some people are too selfless at the expense of their own well-being. Each of us has an inner authority to maintain an healthy balance between being self-centered and being selfless in the service of others.

The moment you have a child your consciousness shifts from being self-centered to being selfless almost automatically. The death of our parents is also a huge shift if someone's consciousness. Someone once told me, "half the planet doesn't have any living parents."

To be an adult means to take responsibility for what you are not responsible for as well as cleaning up your own mess you leave in the world.

I don't want to take anything away from your fine post. I just want to add there more flavors to being than just the one you outlined.

originally posted by: blend57
BecauseBecause we can inspire millions with a few words! Because we have intelligence. That our thoughts can be melded with other thoughts and become more

I heard a comedian once say, "you are not like your parents, YOU ARE YOUR PARENTS." Who we are as human beings is the sum total of every minute we've ever spent with another person. We are defined by our relationships outside of ourselves just as much as our introspections of who we think we are.

edit on 23-4-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: blend57

Great thread!!!

Its ok to feel safe in your own skin and it is always ok to be a little bit uncomfortable and stray from the safe zone...adversity builds character so you never lose.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

An eloquent, beautiful piece of utter badassery. That is all.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Took me almost 50 years to come to this conclusion.

Think of yourself first, then help others. Don't judge others as you know not where they have been. Choose your path that you desire and stay the course.

Live your life as you choose to.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Hey, that's great

What was the question?

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Well written.

There are no strings on me!

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Beautifully said my friend! I have always nurtured who I was and never wanted to be a cookie cutter clone of anyone else.

You are an amazing woman and I wouldn't have it any other way!

We are all unique. In all the world there is only one of you. That is rather special and beautiful I think.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Makes me wonder how much of a giver you are to others.
Life among other humans is at the least about compromise.
I found little or none in your personal tirade.
You build yourself into a very isolated position among your fellows.

I got more out of what she said than you did perhaps.

Quoted from the OP...

And that we matter, maybe not to everyone everywhere...but to someone, somewhere.

Because we can inspire millions with a few words! Because we have intelligence. That our thoughts can be melded with other thoughts and become more...that one tiny spark of the imagination can become something real and tangible...that one person can make a difference! And that that one person can find others who wish to make a difference too.

Because I need to! I need to be myself, and know that others care about me for who I am! I need to make people laugh, smile, love, think, hope, imagine. I need to inspire and create within their hearts the same thing that I find in mine. To share with them the joy of living and hold their hands through the sorrows of it.

Sounds like a giver to me. She has given to me actually and made a difference in my own life. Blend is inspiring and like a breath of fresh air.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Thats right buddy, fight the sheaple program and cut those puppet strings down, your almost there and i'm proud of you..i believe in you and that's FACT

April 26th 3017.

A new era in programming has begun in the period of 2017..a program that has seemingly become visible amongst some.Copy written by iml527

Without the thousands of hands of society grabbing hold of me

Cut those thousand strings off buddy tell them to let you go

and determines his own fate.

Thats right, it's yours to determine, not fox news not msmc, not republicans or democrats ,it's yours..take it,they have had your fate for far too long.

edit on 25-4-2017 by ImmortalLegend527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

I always try to conform to the group.

Maybe a bit Lysergic, but I have always said I want to be unique like the OP implies. This is a good pick-me-up thread for ATS.
edit on 25-4-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Wow what a great post! Definitely much needed for ATS.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join