It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Cylinder' sighted on Nasa feed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> www.foxnews.com...

UFO experts claim a mysterious object captured flying past the International Space Station (ISS) on NASA’s live feed is actually an “alien cylinder”.

Baffling footage shows the item suddenly appearing out the window of the space station, getting closer before fading away.

Conspiracy theorist Scott C Waring, who runs UFO Sightings Daily, shared the footage, writing: “I noticed a UFO in the distance that was coming closer and closer to the space station.

“The UFO was partially cloaked, which made it look transparent.

“In the deep blackness of spaces, blending into the environment means you will be safer from other alien species that may not be friendly.”

or just another piece of space junk.

didn't see this posted anywhere?

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   
so the picture provided by fox is a screenshot from a supposed NASA video which is available on THE SUN

i have never seen a video from NASA that is blurred like this, something is not right

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Looks more like a reflection in the window..

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Looks like a resupply vehicle to me , not surprised Scott Waring would think it was something other than that.

Something like this.

edit on 23-4-2017 by gortex because: add video

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Out Foxed again, the original video is (of course) soft focused so we can't actually tell what the time lapse footage reveals... a growing smear glob of color.

The Sun (video)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   

The video looks legit. I'm gonna take a wild leap and say Waring might be premature about it being a 'partially cloaked' alien spaceship. Where most sensible people start at mundane and work upwards, he always heads straight to 'aliens' as his explanations. It's almost as if he needs clicks for revenue...

Looks like a lens flare if you run your cursor along the tracking bar of the YT video to speed it up.

Another distant possibility is the footage shows the ISS' crane arm in action. It could be partially obscured by shadow. Has there been a waste dump lately?

Or it's a partially cloaked spaceship piloted by short-sighted aliens who need to get really close to study the ISS.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   
The article says debunkers believe it too be lens flare. From what though? Or off of what? If it is truely an object, it seems it is pretty big whatever it is.

I'm sure it will be poopooed by most members soon... shall wait to read the debunk theories.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Looks like a resupply vehicle to me , not surprised Scott Waring would think it was something other than that.

Something like this.

Mmm hmmm... mysterious, cylindrical and all blurry like...

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I'm not an expert in alien tech but I thinks it's origin is closer to earth.

Either way it's a huge piece of space junk fling several times faster then a bullet that not even NASA can track. That came pretty close to the ISS. Just think. There's millions more where that came from. Most not so big.
edit on 23-4-2017 by ConscienceZombie because: more dramatic wording

edit on 23-4-2017 by ConscienceZombie because: silly little typos

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Have we got anything better than a blurry video posted by The Sun (which, by the way, is a just a trashy tabloid)?

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Looks like a coors can to me. Maybe the astronauts had a bit of a piss up

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: expatwhite
Looks like a coors can to me. Maybe the astronauts had a bit of a piss up

There are no humans off world that deserve a drink more then those guys.
edit on 23-4-2017 by ConscienceZombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace
Have we got anything better than a blurry video posted by The Sun (which, by the way, is a just a trashy tabloid)?

No and the 'blurry' is the tell. None of the cameras aboard ISS are soft focused. They are hi def and sharply focused. Whats the point otherwise?

Oh, to fake stuff.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Here's the little burger,

Here's a bonus one (supposed to be ISS too.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Gonna go with the lens flare hypothesis.

But..is the lens flare intelligent?..

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Looks like a chunk of an old satellite solar panel or something. It seems to turn in the video. It also appears it was blurred for some reason, maybe it is being blocked. Maybe it is a military project or they do not want us to know there is so much junk up there, after all, they are going to be promoting space flights pretty quick and people fearing hitting something would not be a good thing for that industry.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I'd say its most likely a piece of space debris. Probably a piece of some old satellite that got decommissioned.

The fact that it appears to move towards the ISS is interesting but in order to make out what the object actually is we'd need to see a much longer segment of footage that shows the object's initial appearance and its approach continue further than shown in this short clip.

Furthermore, to claim that the object is a transparent and cylindrical from viewing only this footage (which I'm assuming is the main piece of footage going around) would be jumping the gun a little since the footage itself shows signs of heavy video compression and is of a pretty low resolution.

I'm not saying that this is 100% just some piece of rubbish floating out in space but we'd need some better and longer footage before we jump to the assumption that it is anything otherwise. As I said above though, the fact that the object seemed to move towards the ISS in what could have been a controlled manner is pretty damn unusual and not usually seen in these "ISS UFO videos". Also, the fact that it is in orbit so close to the ISS strikes me as strange too. The video may simply show some form of accidental forced perspective but if not, I was under the impression that the ISS would never be within such close proximity to any other kind of object at any time unless there was a problem with its orbit.

Stay awesome!
edit on 23-4-2017 by JimmyPilkington because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-4-2017 by JimmyPilkington because: I can't spell

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConscienceZombie I thinks it's origin is closer to earth.

agreed. something like this maybe; image

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Possibly more intelligent than Scott Waring...

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: SaturnFX

Possibly more intelligent than Scott Waring...

I feel this is appropriate for this thread

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join