It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Days actress Erin Moran dies at 56

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

A statement released today by the Harrison County Sheriff's Office states that an autopsy has shown that Erin Moran likely died from complications of stage 4 cancer.

RiP

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
It's interesting how celebrity deaths are "glossed over" .. i.e. "Oh well..God just wanted to bring him/her home."

In Erin's case, people who knew her, say that she abused her body with drugs and alcohol for decades. The cancer was a result of that.

Hiding this removes a "teaching moment" for those who could be heading down the same path of self-destruction, or possibly preventing others from going that route.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
RIP! I like watching her on Happy Days

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

[Scott] Baio told the radio hosts. “I’m saddened by what happened. I don’t know if it was drugs that killed her, I read one report said it might have been and I hope it … I don’t know what I hope. It’s what it is. What can you do?”

“She was just an insecure human being and fell into this world of drugs and alcohol. Again, I don’t know if that’s what killed her, I’m sure it was a culmination of years and years of doing it that might have had something to do with it. She just never found her way,” he said, revealing that he had tried to get her help many years ago.

sfgate.com - Scott Baio on Erin Moran’s Death: ‘You Do Drugs or Drink, You’re Gonna Die’.

Kind of blunt. But also straight up. Sad commentary really in the end. You can only do so much and in the end it is the person that needs to take charge of their life.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Scott baio is a cretin in my opinion.

Charles in charge of exploiting a vulnerable woman on his reality show to exploiting a tragedy for five moreseconds of fame commenting on a woman he has not had any sincere contact with for over thirty years.

Trash.

Rest peacefully Erin.

Respectfully,
~meathead

edit on 28-4-2017 by Mike Stivic because: i found my thrill on blue berry hill ...

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

I agree, Scott Baio is trash. He backpedaled from the drug comments but then tried to bring politics into it by blaming the left for the negative response to his irresponisble comments.

Erin Moran's castmates did get together for a memorial for her. Nice to see the gang all together. Marion Ross looks great.
Too bad Henry Winkler wasn't there.

edit on 4-5-2017 by EchoesInTime because: edit pic

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
a reply to: Mike Stivic

I agree, Scott Baio is trash. He backpedaled from the drug comments but then tried to bring politics into it by blaming the left for the negative response to his irresponisble comments.

Erin Moran's castmates did get together for a memorial for her. Nice to see the gang all together. Marion Ross looks great.
Too bad Henry Winkler wasn't there.

I can't place the dark haired guy with the glasses OR the dark haired woman...
:/ Old age, for sure!

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

The dark haired guy in the back is Potsie, Ansom Williams. The other one is Jenny Picolo, Cathy Silvers

From the left Chachi, Jenny, Mrs. Cunningham, Potsie, Richie, and Ralph.

Loved this show

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Great picture thanks for adding it

There's no mistaking Ralph and yeah Marion Ross looking good.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
It's interesting how celebrity deaths are "glossed over" .. i.e. "Oh well..God just wanted to bring him/her home."

In Erin's case, people who knew her, say that she abused her body with drugs and alcohol for decades. The cancer was a result of that.

Hiding this removes a "teaching moment" for those who could be heading down the same path of self-destruction, or possibly preventing others from going that route.

Today, Erin Moran's "official" cause of death was released. It was aggressive stage-4 Cancer. But the media reports almost unanimously omit the fact that it was aggressive Stage-4 THROAT cancer.

www.etonline.com...

Erin was a heavy smoker for decades. Why do the Entertainment Media publications, and Main Stream Media, not mention contributing factors to an actor's death, if LEGAL drugs, like alcohol or tobacco, are primary factors? Or in this case, most outlets are omitting to mention that it was THROAT cancer that killed Erin.

Are they attempting to avoid potentially tarnishing an actor's image? Wouldn't most deceased actors and actresses want their fans to know that years of smoking can kill them prematurely?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join