It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Days actress Erin Moran dies at 56

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Sad news that Erin Moran who played Joanie Cunningham in hit TV series Happy Days has been found dead at her home in Indiana.
Happy Days was must watch TV back in the late 70s and for a young kid in the UK symbolised everything that was great about America from both the time period it was set and the decade it was made , the cars , the girls and of course the Fonz.

Joanie Cunningham grew before our eyes from the slightly annoying little sister of Richie Cunningham to the beautiful young woman who went on to her own spin-off series Joanie Loves Chachi , she was a part of my childhood and I will remember her with fondness and a smile.

They were Happy Days , Rest in Peace Erin.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

RIP Erin. Very sad.

bally

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   
That's sad RIP she was good in Happy Days.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Are you sure she was 56? I remember watching Happy Days during my days in high school. She had to be older than me and I'm 58.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   
56, way too early. I remember her on tv when i was a kid.
RIP

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Man that's sad to hear.

And such a private person. A part of my childhood. The show was not just "must see" it was! A glorification of 50s America and idealized but good fun nonetheless.

A shame to hear this news.

RIP Joanie Cunningham.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I get the impression this poor lady was a troubled soul. Very sad indeed.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Sad to hear Erin Moran passed away. She was a part of the one of the greatest shows ever.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Rest in Peace, "Cupcake"

Sal

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
Are you sure she was 56? I remember watching Happy Days during my days in high school. She had to be older than me and I'm 58.

Her age doesn't seem quite right to me either.
I thought she was at least a decade older than me.

I hope it wasn't drug/alcohol related. It's so much sadder for one's family when a death happens that could've been prevented.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Didn't that show air like 82 years ago?

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
It looks like 'The Fonz' (Henry Winkler) was a good friend to her to the end.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Wow!! I wonder if 2017 is going to be near as bad as 2016 for legacy entertainers.

You made it a year to the day since my old man passed. It's a shame you didn't see 90 like he did. RIP Erin.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
sorry to say but erin died of a heroin overdose....imdb has her born in 1960 so 57 years old...and you have to give your honest age on there or you are not allowed.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Her age doesn't seem quite right to me either.
I thought she was at least a decade older than me.

I hope it wasn't drug/alcohol related. It's so much sadder for one's family when a death happens that could've been prevented.

edit on 23-4-2017 by research100 because: added a sentence

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

My bad. I saw the picture of the mother and I was thinking she was the one that died. That's why I got mixed up with the age. Joanie would be around my age. The mother would have been at least in her late 70's.

It seems like heroine overdoses are becoming the norm, very sad times. Something has to be done about this heroine epidemic. Too many young people are losing their lives and breaking many hearts.

edit on 23-4-2017 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons
a reply to: research100
A shame and another life wasted and lost to drugs.

I still cannot believe that she was only 57. I will blame that (misconception) on MY age!

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Rest peacefully Erin,

I will always remember you in your happy days.

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I think a lot of people think she should be older here fail to realize how young she was when the show started.

As far as the drug abuse is concerned I think anyone who saw her on Scott Baio's "reality" show could see she had her demons. I thought that appearance should have raised huge redflags with her friends and family..if not "chachi"who seemed more than happy to make a quick buck off her obviously unstable situation..

All said I stand by my previous post.

Rest peacefully Erin,

I will always remember you in your happy days.

Respectfully,
~meathead
edit on 24-4-2017 by Mike Stivic because: i found my thrill on blue berry hill ...

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   
How very sad. Rest in peace dear Erin.

edit on 24-4-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

www.dailymail.co.uk...

that article I posted was WRONG and too late to change so I am posting an UPDATE...erin died of stage 4 cancer no narcotics were found.

a worker at the trailer park mentioned how erin was working to turn her life around......

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join