It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea threatens to strike US aircraft carrier to show 'military's force'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I don't know 🤔 if anyone knows but there was a pilot in a fighter jet you had to eject the other day. I believe it's posted on the Carl Vinson Facebook page.

a reply to: TinfoilTP

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Johnathanandheather

Lots of people know. Lil Kim just thinking about it causes jets to ditch and pilots to eject.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Standard on any carrier deployment. They usually lose 1-3 aircraft before they get home.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Standard on any carrier deployment. They usually lose 1-3 aircraft before they get home.

Really? Is it that common? Had no idea.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Kim the nut isn't rational, he either knows the United States won't destroy him, or he's an imbecile.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I didn't read the entire thread, so sorry if I repeat anything, but trying to catch up and quickly reading.

"Go ahead punk, make my day"

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Sagacity

Pretty much. They go some deployments without losing any, but that's more the exception than the rule, especially now.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

All my buddy's I know that have deployed on carriers (pilots and helo crews / rescue swimmers) all generally have multiple 'close call stories...

My one buddy who was a hornet driver just kind of eyeballed one of our other friends as he talked about getting anxious being low on gas driving back to Virginia... Haha imagine you're low on gas but instead of trying to make it to the next interstate exit youre trying to land on a dot in a vast ocean that moves with the swells...
edit on th20174-0500fCDT092017Tue, 25 Apr 2017 21:14:08 -0500 by SonOfThor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

Yeah no kidding. Some of the stories I've heard talking to pilots are insane.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

He's God, of course that's what's happening...

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: DISRAELI

This is a moment that could define his Presidency.

Here's hoping he makes the right choices.

Trump is being set up. He's dammed if he do and damned if he don't. He can't back down because he would appear as impotent as obama. He can't strike because then half the world will blame him for what follows. His only choice, is to get Russia and China on side, with China taking point. China has the people that could slip in and whack this little turds ass. Trump may have to make concessions, like dropping Russian sanctions and creating more liberal trade deals with China, but if he plays it right, the US, Russia and China all become heroes. You can share the glory if you help save the world :-)

Cheers - Dave
edit on 4/25.2017 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

You're not wrong.

About the only way he comes out of this looking good, is if North Korea goes full on retard and actually attacks the CBG...even then, he's likely to be chastised.
edit on 4/25/2017 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor
a reply to: Zaphod58

All my buddy's I know that have deployed on carriers (pilots and helo crews / rescue swimmers) all generally have multiple 'close call stories...

My one buddy who was a hornet driver just kind of eyeballed one of our other friends as he talked about getting anxious being low on gas driving back to Virginia... Haha imagine you're low on gas but instead of trying to make it to the next interstate exit youre trying to land on a dot in a vast ocean that moves with the swells...

Wow, thanks for the information from both of you. I knew that things happened, but not with that frequency. I've always been amazed by carrier pilots. I've watched about every documentary I could find on carrier operations. Kinda makes my hair stand up seeing them trap landings, particularly at night and or bad weather. It's crazy seeing the deck pitch and roll as much as it does, yet they put the bird on the deck.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

You're not wrong.

About the only way he comes out of this looking good, is if North Korea goes full on retard and actually attacks the CBG...even then, he's likely to be chastised.

China has to nip this thing in the bud, before it gets to that point. As was said in another thread, unify Korea and give China annex rights to southern portion/ports of north Korea. It's a win-win.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

After how long does something cease being "revolutionary"? I almost feel that after like maybe 5-10 years of existence their existence isn't revolutionary anymore.

The worst part is that with the state of the Navy's ASW suite with the failed LCS program, retirement of the OHP Frigates, S-3 Vikings, etc. The North Korean's submarines have a small chance of a successful strike on a carrier strike group if they had good enough intelligence on where the group is and if their crews and equipment perform well. They have a good number of small and hard to detect attack submarines. They also either win or die so it is very real for them with guns in the subs pointed at them.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   

There is no way that South Korea would allow China to annex NK. They are ethnically Korean. Not Chinese. The South Koreans have turned their country into what many would say is a pinnacle of the region.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Caughtlurking

They would have a small chance of succeeding even with all those things still in the inventory. They can't even get out to where the carriers are to get the strike off, and many of them can't even carry weapons to launch at a carrier.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Kim Jong's strategy: The USS Carl Vinson will be lured in close to the NK shoreline, and then blasted with overwhelming barrages of missiles from shore.

The above video is yesterday's "mighty show of force". It's too bad our carrier battle group wasn't close enough to "drone" Kim Jong when he was on that beach, watching the show.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

maybe we need someone to go in with a camera,thats not a camera,and fry his brain like the Israelis did one time with a modified violin and a infrared laser. except make this one a Undetectable shoulder camera that actually works. ANd zap his brain. of course they would kill all news crew afterwards but hey they would die a patriot.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
If that were truly his strategy, he'd be poorly mistaken heh.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join