It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea threatens to strike US aircraft carrier to show 'military's force'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I can't tell if the newspaper is serious or if it is simply trying to make it seem as if North Korea could take out an aircraft carrier.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The lunatic is lobbing missiles in to the ocean.... what should we do just ignore him until he actually kills someone with one of them?
edit on 23-4-2017 by torok67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Do you have any clue just what would happen to Seoul? Any at all?

Yeah,

Millions of Americans wouldn't be able to buy a new Samsung smart tv,tablet, and phone.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I suspect the USS Carl Vinson will be a little harder to take than the USS Pueblo. I bet Little Kim has wet dreams thinking about capturing a US Aircraft Carrier.

Any way now that it's in place, off of his coast, he will probably quiet down. He is a sad little guy.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

The lunatic is lobbing missiles in to the ocean.... what should we do just ignore him until he actually kills someone with one of them?

The funny thing in all of this is that many other countries have a military that has killed many more people the the NK army has in recent times.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I think USA should just surrender now.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: torok67

I thought he lobbed them into syria?.......oh sorry I thought you was talking about America missiles

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptrthe carrier is there because he has been making threats. if he stupid enough to launch any missile in the direction of said carrier group first thing would happen his missile would be blown out of the sky probably before it even leaves nk airspace. now if it is found to have a nuke on it . a counter strike will probably be inbound and that strike would probably be the end of him. and no sk has no worries they have patriot batteries and trust me they want him out just as bad as we do. hell you send in cia and offer his people enough they might just coup him out of office.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Udio see Zaphods post. No missile rails no EMP/microwave device. Su-24 cant carry it.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Interesting read on Russian EW systems versus the Tomahawk.

www.navyrecognition.com... tronic-warfare-system.html

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: kamatty
his grandfather's mouth have been running for over 50 years. All sorts of s#!t has come from there mouths, but no wars. Kims mouth wont start any war.

Um, what? All except that one that has had no armistice and is still technically ongoing.

We don't know Un's intentions. He's clearly aspirational. I tend to agree that his mouth alone won't start a damn thing, but his mouth could create a situation that manifests itself in a Gulf of Tonkin-like "false flag" event or even a small more legitimate situation that one of the belligerent's blow out of proportion. Can you imagine what would happen if the USS Pueblo happened today? Rhetoric matters, especially to Trump's White House and Pentagon.

China is in a really weird situation here. The goal of the Kims since day one has been the reunification of Korea. That's China's worse nightmare. At the same time you have the US ready to pound a mudhole into Pyongyang and the real threat of thousands of refugees pouring into China. Remove Kim, and Korea will become reunited. Leave Kim, and you've got the most ridiculous regime on the planet besides the Saudis still in power.

Something will give at some point. It may not be during Trump's administration, but Korea will be unified at some point, just the circumstances remain to be decided.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Let Lil Kim and his Toy Army try and get by a Weapon System like this . The U.S. Military are Masters at Mass Killing on the Battlefield........

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I am surprised how come, after all these years of making fun of North Korea's lack of technological development and capabilities, the same people who are constantly point out how backward of a nation that is, are now in fear of some North Korean missiles, which according to their own assessment are only for show. Or are made of paper and have a bent nose

wonder ...

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I don't think it would be hard for NK To randomly lob missiles with crude nuclear warheads attached, or even put one in a fishing boat and sail it to a port.

If anything should have been learnt by the west from the last 6 decades of warfare it is that the weakest/poorest nation is very inventive of finding ways to sneak through your defenses.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: torok67

The Real 'Lunatics' are destroying entire nations, killing millions, right now.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Let Lil Kim and his Toy Army try and get by a Weapon System like this . The U.S. Military are Masters at Mass Killing on the Battlefield........

Metal storm is a nice toy, used to mass spray rounds. I prefer the one well aimed shot.

In Vietnam they shot a million rounds for every kill. Now , with metal storm we can shoot ten million, lol.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

the carrier is there because he has been making threats.

The carriers are about projecting force, period. They threaten nations, not the other way round. Usually hapless little ones that can't defend themselves. In this regard the US is nought but a school yard bully picking on weaklings.

Occupation of the Korean Peninsula is about containing China anyway.
edit on 23-4-2017 by intrptr because: changed

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flanker86
I am surprised how come, after all these years of making fun of North Korea's lack of technological development and capabilities, the same people who are constantly point out how backward of a nation that is, are now in fear of some North Korean missiles, which according to their own assessment are only for show. Or are made of paper and have a bent nose

wonder ...

I think you will find that the people making fun and the people in fear are the types who soak up any form of news and believe it.

The problem here is that in an age of nuclear non proliferation, we dont want more countries trying to make Nuclear weapons, NO ONE DOES.

So the US is there because the rest of the spineless members of this planet would be begging the USA to do something once the Norks get a Nuke that actually can land on your house wherever you are on this rock.

The difference is, that despite years of this mouth breather and his families rhetoric the Norks do seem to be getting very close to something the world cannot let them have because if he has them, Japan, Vietnam, South Korea, Phillipines, Australia and so and and so on will all start developing their own to prevent fatty holding them ransom.

He has a choice, give up his nuclear program or sooner or later he will be removed as will his Nuclear Program and anyone who wants to fight, he will not get an ICBM capable of launching a Nuke.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Yeah, Lil Kim probably is a lunatic......

Wasn't that long ago, there was a country that use to Atomic bomb the crap out of innocent Atolls and other small islands in the Pacific......even some with bikinis...

Then they decided to line up some old WW2 navy ships in the middle of the ocean, and then Atomic bomb the crap out of them and the ocean too.

Then just for kicks, they decided to launch and explode 100s of Atomic bombs in Earth's upper Atmosphere, causing Ozone layer holes, climate change etc etc..........just for the hell of it.

All in the name of World Peace.....

Funny business this World Peace stuff...........Its caused more wars, than World War times....

Oh Well, that's Humanity.

There certainly are lots of lunatics on this Planet.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   
You can't judge what Kim might do, based on what his father or grandfather did. He is immature, unstable, and has an over-inflated opinion of himself and his military. What happened in the last 50 years has nothing to do with now. Stop assuming that what happened 15, 30 or 40 years ago has anything to do with today. That's a ridiculous mindset.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join