It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea threatens to strike US aircraft carrier to show 'military's force'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

If it's a pod based system the pod would generate at least some of the power. Similar to the jamming pods we use. They have a prop on the front that spins and provides extra power for the jamming.

A wingtip system wouldn't be able to generate enough power to get more than one blast out, and would probably have to be charged on the ground.
edit on 4/23/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: Zaphod58

Hows a mig going to generate enough electricity on board to even direct towards generating an emp pulse of enough magnitude to disable a sheilded navy vessel?

Dont see how people never think of that bit when they buy hook line and sinker the new russian super emp wing pod story.

They modeled their revolutionary new energy source after Kim's digestive system:

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Another one of those, "go in, kill the bad guy, and everything will be fine." Worked so well with Sadamm, and the taliban, why not do it again?

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

So aint no way in hell basically of a wing pod honestly frying an entire sheilded navy vessel. Maybe jam a few systems nominanly and be semi disruptive.

a few high test batteries and a twirling prop on the pod aint going to generate the megawatts needed to fry a entire ship like the believers in the story are thinking. Be a pain the ass maybe. Take it down no way.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

No. That's why they're mounting CHAMP on the AGM-86. It's a self contained power source, and the missile is big enough to carry it.

Against PGMs, or mounted on some type of missile this system would probably work really well. But it wouldn't be mounted on an aircraft.
edit on 4/23/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I like the champ idea.

Its better than the russian ones.

Put it on a tomahawk and use it to disrupt missile and radar batteries as it loiters the area doing flybyes and blasts before either the missile itsself or a secondary missile hits it and takes it out.

Basically if put on a missile it uses the sperm whale hunting tactic. . Where the whale blasts the fish with sonar enough to stun it until it can close for the kill. I see champ being used that way on a2a and a2g or anti ship missiles. . But as far as even champ doing a single flyby and blast frying a entire navy vessel so its electronically shorted and dead in the water. No way.

I could envision certain new american on board systems that could generate enough power to do a DEW thing. But a wing pod or missile or some russian contraption. Naw.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

HPM weapons are going to be more to take out ground based C3 systems, infrastructure, and maybe SEAD against older systems. Both sides have pretty extensive protections on their equipment, and it's going to be hard as hell to get through it.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I'm starting to think Kim Jong Un is actually mentally retarded, or at least has some serious mental problem.

What did I see on the news a few days ago, North Korea threatens US with a super mega strike... don't know exactly what that would be but sounds like a joke from a sick sense of humour.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

so..its fake news ?

I submit the USA carrier task force is going to meet It's match and become irrelevant on-the-high-seas...
but in either Syrian waters/Persian Gulf waters... or in the newest hot spot, the waters off the Korean Peninsula

i'm almost certain there has got to be a future prognostication by a seer or Oracle from the fringe about the warships and fortresses being overthrown

~or even bible codes~

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Yes it's fake news. The Khibiny system is a self defense system, similar to the US AN/ALQ-165 self protection suite. It was designed similar to the system used on the E/A-18, where they split the pod in half, and put one half on each wingtip missile rail. The Su-24, which was what flew around the Donald Cook, and allegedly deactivated it, doesn't have wingtip missile rails, and wasn't designed to carry the Khibiny at all.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
It has occurred to me, more than once, that perhaps this corpulent little angry man is not nearly as inept and mentally unhinged as he appears to be. That perhaps, unbeknownst to the general public, he is actually far more cunning and sharply focused than he leads people to believe. That, just maybe, he's baiting everyone right into a trap. Setting the stage for something else. I don't know...something is just not right about this whole situation.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

so..its fake news ?

I submit the USA carrier task force is going to meet It's match and become irrelevant on-the-high-seas...
but in either Syrian waters/Persian Gulf waters... or in the newest hot spot, the waters off the Korean Peninsula

i'm almost certain there has got to be a future prognostication by a seer or Oracle from the fringe about the warships and fortresses being overthrown

~or even bible codes~

Was just looking at some articles on the vulnerability of large surface units, like aircraft carriers. Shoot enough anti ship missiles or torpedoes at a carrier group and it's history... Interesting that US carrier groups used to be called battle groups now they are called strike groups.

Twilight of the Aircraft Carrier?

U.S. submarines have routinely scored disabling hits on American carriers in U.S. Navy war games

thediplomat.com...

Submarines Versus Aircraft Carriers

www.spacewar.com...

Should just add that few countries have the required advanced hardware in subs and missiles to be a serious threat to US carrier groups and America is unlikely to be at war with them so the carriers should be quite safe and still useful platforms for airpower, and other tasks.
edit on 23-4-2017 by JimTSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimTSpock
I'm starting to think Kim Jong Un is actually mentally retarded, or at least has some serious mental problem.

What did I see on the news a few days ago, North Korea threatens US with a super mega strike... don't know exactly what that would be but sounds like a joke from a sick sense of humour.

The more unstable the tubby tyrant seems, the better for the USA after we've eliminated him.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Viperion
Does anyone know Kim actually "rule" NK?

Since i get the impression of that Kim is nothing but a marionette. Sure he may toss some harmless order that doesn't inconvenient the "shadow junta".

Have ye seen those so called generals and admirals of NK? Some of them carry so much medals, that its a miracle that they even manage to carry all this stuff.

Want to take out NK safe and sound? take out the "shadow junta"

Every once in a while lil psycho Kim strips all those medals off a general and feeds him naked to caged dogs, while he makes his other generals watch.

Shows them who is top dog.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The system named does exist, it's just not a Godlike EMP weapon.

Well yeah but it sure didnt knock out the Cooks AEGIS. And dont the Carriers have redundancies built in to operate in a EMP environment?

I should had been more specific though on HOW it exist but not in the form The other person was claiming.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
If we hit NK and took this sucker out how could they launch a nuke if he is blown to pieces/??

just do it !!

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JimTSpock

Maybe using anti torpedo torpedos systems would work. Sort of liek a underwater patriot torpedo.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

the 'other form' is microwave rather than EMP

this video is compelling: www.youtube.com...

I was just using a nick-name to speedily identify the Device
(not EMP) but properly regarded as the Russian electronic warfare complex ~ Khibiny

watch the short video with English subtitles please

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Which doesn't change the fact that an Su-24 can't carry it. It wasn't designed for it, and it doesn't have the power requirements for it. It was designed for an Su-34. Even KRET, who makes the system has said the article about the Cook is nothing but BS from a newspaper. Khibiny was designed for external carriage on the Su-30SM, Su-30SM2, and Su-34, and the Khibiny-10V is mounted internally on the Su-35.

Notice what every one of those aircraft has in common? Wingtip missile rails. Something the Su-24 doesn't have.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Crumbles

The Empire's rhetoric is 'crumbling'.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join