It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USS Carl Vinson only days away from reaching the Korean Peninsular - Which actions will trump take?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sagacity
a reply to: carewemust

Whether they are as crazy or not, I think they would be more willing to deal after seeing what happened to Kim.

Actually, I'd be curious to see who would take power if he were removed. I'm not sure any of our intelligence services could say with any good probability either honestly.

It's too bad we couldn't prove that by taking Kim out (and maybe a couple hundred people in his vicinity), that thousands of lives were saved, due to averting a bloody war.

Instead, the media would focus on the "collateral damage". Hopefully though, the general consensus amongst the global community will be that those the deaths were for a good cause.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
The Carl Vinson battle group is GROWING. Two Japanese destroyers just joined the armada, as it heads towards North Korea.

www.nzherald.co.nz...

The USA is now formally telling Kim Jong to tone down his rhetoric and threats. "His clock has run out", says Secretary of State Rex Tillerson.

I hope Kim Jong is enjoying his last meals...

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
a reply to: schuyler

If Kim is "taken out" as you put it, another of his family will rise to take his place as "Dear Beloved Leader", and the nightmare will continue.

In fact, such an action risks elevating Kim to the status of "Dear Beloved Leader WHO WAS MARTYRED FOR HIS PEOPLE!!!!"

Your plan did not work so well with Sadam in Iraq,
Gadaffi in Libiya, or even binLaden with AQ.

What is that old saying about doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome?

It depends on who takes lil' Kim out. In other threads, I have stated that I think the Chinese have assured the NK Generals who clip lil' Kim that their government will be recognized if they stop with the nukes and ICBM's. Lil' Kim won't have any family when the coup gets the lot of them. China is calling the shots and the US fleet will be there to distract Kim so he can be assassinated. I see it as a threatened attack, Kim is hustled into a car outside of normal operations and without his regular bodyguard under the guise of the emergency and then meets Mr. Kalashnikov in a secluded bunker. With him gone, the public can be told anything. Maybe he showed cowardice in the face of the enemy and killed himself. Maybe he is in hiding. Maybe he ran to China. Then, his statues and paintings disappear and a transition to a Chinese type government happens and food arrives. China gets to keep a buffer zone. Everyone is happy.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

They announced that they would be at least temporarily joining them a couple weeks ago, to train. It's not clear how long they'll be part of the group though.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

It's nice to see two former enemies sailing together like this. Maybe the USA and Japan will work together to rid the world of the tubby tyrant soon.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

You've heard the saying "taking coals to Newcastle"?

What you're suggesting is more like trying to poison a Borgia.

The Kim dynasty has survived this long by out-witting, and out-murdering, this type of "court intrigue".

Then there is another old saying "one seldom looks under the bed unless one has hidden there oneself".

Anyone close enough to Kim to carry out such a coup, even with iron-clad assurances from China, Russia, and the US could never be certain, once the act is completed (and assuming the asset survives the hit), that the same betrayal would not be used against him/her/them.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar

Anyone close enough to Kim to carry out such a coup, even with iron-clad assurances from China, Russia, and the US could never be certain, once the act is completed (and assuming the asset survives the hit), that the same betrayal would not be used against him/her/them.

There is also no assurance that Kim would not execute those around him on a whim which makes him more susceptible to a pre-emptive strike. In my scenario, his regular guard are not with him when he is clipped. A government is set up that is identical to the Chinese government and those in power take turns at steering the ship of state. My bet is that China has some tight ties to the Generals and that this will happen because Kim is too dangerous to be left alive.
Any actions by the US will be planned with and agreed to by China. I believe Kim is done.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Sounds reasonable. I do think that China has been given the time to throttle/deal with Korean leadership. If nothing happens then I suspect Trump and crew will come up with a plan which does not favor kim.
edit on 4/24/2017 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

It's too bad we couldn't prove that by taking Kim out (and maybe a couple hundred people in his vicinity), that thousands of lives were saved, due to averting a bloody war.

Instead, the media would focus on the "collateral damage". Hopefully though, the general consensus amongst the global community will be that those the deaths were for a good cause.

I agree.
edit on 25-4-2017 by Sagacity because: Edit, sorry Care, seems I snipped off the header information

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join