It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anomalous Beings In The atmosphere

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Charlyboy
a reply to: DarkvsLight29

Exactly
I wish more people here had your sensibilities. So much division in society nowadays. Things used to be so much simpler, or perhaps my memory is selective? Regardless, thank you for being a little more accepting than most here.

Sometimes i probably come off as an "ass hat" on here thats just cause i say exactly how i feel but I'm sensible about most things...I agree life was/seemed simpler back 15-20 years ago well for me anyway. what happened to all that time seems like yesterday.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DarkvsLight29

Tell me about it, I don't even know what happened to create the situation we all face nowadays and the poor kids, growing up in this world. I thought we had challenges...

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   
This thread is a disgusting display of what ATS has become.

I get the NEED to voice the obvious that what is presented looks like balloons.. and many of the captures are most probably just that.

but to REPEATEDLY voice that opinion as some form of beat down.. shame on you, you had your say.. now move along.. don't fill whole pages with your chuckle fest, it makes us all look like nasty folks that troll the internet for things to ridicule.

And the OP is in a catch 22 situation.. they cant post their videos or they get banned.. not that i believe it would help much here, it seems even the rules of ATS are against us now.

Most of the captures from the past few years have looked just like big bright dots/orbs in the sky.. that's not our fault.. that's just the way it is.. if we film them then make a account at utube to upload our captures to.. we apparently according to the rules now are a hoaxer trying to make money from adds.... that's BS and anyone with a mind left can see that's a nasty rule set up to stem the flow of information

And it makes for threads like this.. and far to often lately.
2 or 3 posters who get it.. and offer something.. and about 20 others just here to kick us anytime we offer something other than the cool kid bully mentality meme that's screwed up ATS in the past few years. and not a lot has been done to quell that club, in fact most of the new rules give them the upper hand from the moment you bother to speak about anything not on the TV. or presented by 'THIER' source.

Disgusting.

edit on 25-4-2017 by Xarian6 because: .

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: The90sGamer

Obviously you don't understand what I said.

OK lets have a look at your gear.

Panasonic V550

1/5.8-inch BSI CMOS with 2.51Mpixels 2.1 MP 4.379 mm across the diagonal (1/5.8")
62x optical zoom; 90x Intelligent Zoom

From a review

The HC-V550 has a decidedly healthy 62x optical zoom, which drops to 61x with the Level Shot Function enabled and 59x with Active Mode OIS.
But Panasonic pushes this even further via the Intelligent Zoom option, to a staggering 90x

Normally, this kind of zoom manages to avoid loss of resolution by having more sensor pixels than required for the video resolution, and cropping into the frame, rather than the traditional digital zoom that merely magnifies detail that wasn't there in the first place.

But the HC-V550 has less than 10 per cent surplus pixels, so the iZoom will lose some resolution

2.06 - 103 mm (35 mm Equivalent to 28 - 1714 mm)

First of all it DOESN'T have 62x zoom it has a 62x zoom RANGE you have to look at the 35 mm equivalent focal lengths
28mm is WIDE angle and approx 0.5 x magnification 1714 mm is long telephoto and approx around 30-31x magnivication.

SO 31 DIVIDED BY 0.5 gives 62x all camera maunfacturers quote the zoom range with video & compact cameras.

Also the sensor is very SMALL 4.379mm across the diagonal (for example my 16mp DSLR is around 28mm)
Small size means smaller pixels on sensor which means lower quality (which explains your shots at full zoom)

YOU are photographing BALLOONS as for your claims of what they do in sunlight of course light will reflect of them by only you people think it's a response, as for changing shape BALLOONS will rotate and move with the wind so on POOR quality images they may appear to morph but all it is is a change of viewpoint.

We have had threads like this before it's BALLOONS and nothing else.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Xarian6

You said yourself it's most likely balloons it's obvious to some YOU can't hide your assumptions behind POOR quality evidence remember the motto here

DENY IGNORANCE

Lots of members here are SERIOUS photographers & video users we KNOW what we see from years behind still/video cameras, we know how things can look due to resolution/optics and how images are processed in the cameras etc.

Some people just wants things so much they wont listen.

I joined here so see REAL EVIDENCE if I do I will back it 100% but if i see BS it I will use my 30+ years of picture taking to show EVIDENCE why it's BS.

If YOU look at my post above you will see the OP doesn't really know the specs or limitations of his gear so deal with it.

edit on 25-4-2017 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-4-2017 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

What I want to know, though, is if there are this many people out there, at random, all over the globe filming balloon, and that the quantity of balloons is such that wanting to see them and looking up will deliver results seemingly to the extent that they seem to be appearing on demand, just how many balloons are up there at any given time? And naturally, where are they all coming from? And going to? What goes up must come down, right?

According to what I have been reading a helium filled balloon will travel up to 10 KM before "exploding" into tiny bits "that are harmless to the environment", and which, if latex, will biodegrade in the same amount of time as an oak leaf would...unless they land in water. Mylar balloons are not as efficient as latex at altitudes, nor anywhere near as biodegradable, and are not permitted for mass release. They don't explode into tiny pieces, the seams go and a big flap of foil is left to litter wherever it lands.

I think that these videos, particularly given their profusion and reliability, seem to me to be highlighting a potentially significant environmental problem. Is latex sufficiently reflective to produce these effects?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

Latex balloons are not as shiny as mylar balloons, but depending on the time of day they can be quite reflective.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Xarian6

I'm not the only one who tires of the constant put downs and attacks then? Nice to know other folk notice this behaviour also.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I really believe we are seeing alien technology here. We simply don't know how to describe what we are seeing or how they are behaving. So our primitive minds say balloon. I really can say I have never seen a balloon change shape, change course and emit bright lights all over it before, let alone "burst" and carry on flying.
Could it be we are looking at multidimensional objects in 4D?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr X
What do 4D specs look like?
Red, blue, and...

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I'm referring to 3 space dimensions and time.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Why would a latex balloon "explode into thousands of tiny pieces" at 10 km, rather than burst (and kind of rip) into bigger fragments as it would at ground-level?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

Well go to any shopping centre in the UK and party/card shops sell these balloons, you will also so children with them and without doubt obe or two will be released by accident. That will happen all over the UK every day and elsewhere.

It doesn't take a lot to work out other ways how many of these balloons end up floating about.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anaana

Why would a latex balloon "explode into thousands of tiny pieces" at 10 km, rather than burst (and kind of rip) into bigger fragments as it would at ground-level?

With altitude temperature drops the balloon gets cold making it shred. When the balloons pop it looks alot like spaghetti

Here is a study that was done.

The Federal Department of Aviation has until now had the understanding that toy balloons attain a maximum height of a couple of hundred meters, but have now received information that indicates that they can go much higher and with that become a larger danger for air traffic than previously considered.

www.balloonhq.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Can someone PM me his channel? Because without looking at the videos, this thread is just a WTF?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
As a slightly connected aside, just before one of my long out-of-town hiatuses a few years back, someone had posted a bunch of photos of some sort of 'space snake' thing that looked an awful lot like a solar balloon with a pie pan tied to it.

Reminded me of this thread. I never knew what the outcome was, because when I left Springer seemed convinced it was at least a possible space snake, and when I got back, it was as if it had never happened and I never found a reference to it again.

Was it a balloon with a pie pan, or a space snake?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
guys I wanna open a thread about a video of the moon I made, but when I click NEW THREAD it opens a grey page without anything else but the top menu... Is it because im new?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eby88
guys I wanna open a thread about a video of the moon I made, but when I click NEW THREAD it opens a grey page without anything else but the top menu... Is it because im new?

I'm not really sure but it might be, I'd love to see a good vid of the moon, good luck opening your thread i'll definitely pop by.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I'm sorry. I wish these were actually aliens, or plasma or something mysterious. But this video youtu.be... clearly shows the "Happy Birthday Princess" tiara balloon in this cluster.

www.amysballoon.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eby88

I think you need 20 posts first. A few more comments around the threads, you'll be good to go. I think....

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join