It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: dontneedaname
I went back to the site we saw a thingy for three nights running, its never coming back. Imo, once in a life time thing.
originally posted by: dontneedaname
For those who watch Ancient Aliens or other related documentaries, many sights are talked about all over the world. So, if you had the time and opportunity, which sites would you most like to visit first or second? Maybe list some sites you have visited too...
Want to visit:
1. Tihuanaco / Tiwanaku and Pumapunku (I've been on some islands in Lake Titicaca, but didn't make it Bolivia. Not sure I even knew about the significance of Tihuanaco)
2. Baalbek in Lebanon - I want to see this massive stone
3. Pohnpei - Nan Midol - cool ruins in an island setting
4. Gobekli Tepe in Turkey
ok...I listed four. Gobekli Tepe is the most interesting to me, but the landscape in Pohnpei and Bolivia attract me more.
1. Flew over Nazca lines - this was pretty cool....
2. Ollantaytambo, Sacsayhuaman (Both near Macchu Pichu in Peru)
3. Town of Roswell, New Mexico - didn't know anything about UFOs at the time, just visited the UFO museum, and thought, ok, maybe something is true, but it's too complicated for me to figure out at the moment (I was on a multi-month cross country USA drive/exploration).
In other words, I think the museum could have been better. Maybe it's improved in the last 15 years?
4. Wiltshire / Avebury - UK - had seen CC documentaries and wanted to get some on the ground experience. Useful. Maybe I will go back.
5. Numerous Egyptian sites - pyramids of Giza, Saqqara, Luxor, Abydos - satisfying 2 week trip
6. Cape Canaveral in Florida, USA - Saturn rocket
7. Temple Mount, Israel - didn't see what the whole fuss is about. Apart from very few people walking around, nobody was there (Literally) when I walked around - contrary to scenes shown on AA and TV news sometimes.
8. Chichen-Itza, and Tikal - Tikal is awesome
a few others certainly...
Let's hear it!