It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Union Asks College Professors To Give Extra Credit To Attend Anti-Trump Events

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Another shining example of America's institutions of higher learning teaching the importance of being a Progressive citizen. In this case, by participating in a leftest event, you get a grade boost.

I wonder how many extra-credits you get for attending a "right to life" or "Tea Party" event? Can anyone guess?

www.campusreform.org...

Faculty members at a Washington college are being encouraged to award students extra credit for attending a “Day of Resistance” featuring a slew of events condemning the Trump administration.

The event, sponsored in part by Shoreline Community College’s Federation of Teachers, the union representing the school's faculty, was advertised in a faculty-wide email by English Professor DuValle Daniel, who asked her peers to consider bringing one of their classes to the May Day program.

www.campusreform.org...

The University of Pittsburgh’s School of Social Work encouraged its professors to offer students extra credit to participate in an anti-Trump rally in downtown Pittsburgh.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The combined cost, safety hazards, and downright ludicrousness of universities might soon prompt the people to find alternate means of educating and training themselves.
We really should be thinking about that. By the time my son will be college age, I've calculated something along the lines of a 300,000 investment in Brainwash U.
No thank you.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
of course the colleges would do that, they don`t care whether the students learn anything or not just as long as the students keep paying to be there.
It`s win/win, the students are happy because they can skate through college without actually having to learn anything and the college is happy because they are making tons of money without having to actually teach anything.

in the end it`s the students who are getting screwed by being saddled with massive debt and no real marketable skills to use to get a job and repay all that debt.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Well I don't believe that public institutions are allowed to sponsor these type of events, but giving extra credit to students (especially in gov, hist, sociology, and like classes) is a good thing. With one caveat, the profs should be open to e.c. for attending events from both spectrums (or require to have multiple points of view / that is, attend a tea party and a communist rally and writing a contrast paper on the like).

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

So ... ONE group at ONE college is involved?

Hmmm.

You have an issue with Americans expressing their right to assemble, organize and speak?

Further, are you really surprised that many highly-educated folks are opposed to Trump's policies, etc.?
edit on 22-4-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

The problem is that many Professors have to tow the line or get fired.

I know one professor who told me he will lose his job if he was caught criticizing Radical Islam.

I have another professor who is not a Trump Supporter and is not a conspiracy theorist admitted that the Liberal Coastal Elite have a strong influence in our Universities but has to keep his mouth shut or he'll lose his job.
edit on 4/22/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

So ... ONE group at ONE college is involved?

Hmmm.

You have an issue with Americans expressing their right to assemble, organize and speak?

Further, are you really surprised that many highly-educated folks are opposed to Trump's policies, etc.?

I am not really surprised that many some highly educated folks are opposed to Trump's policies, etc.

I also have no issue Americans expressing their right to assemble, organize and speak.

However, when teaching professionals start offering rewards for aligning with their political ideal I am greatly offended. That is not what the college tuition is being paid for. They are supposed to be teaching a certain subject period. If they want to share their political leanings with others at after school rallies with voluntary attendance that's fine but when your grade depends on your personal political view point that is bull snip!! Anyone who condones this is dead wrong. If they were "paying' students to attend pro-Trump rallies I would be just as offended.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Just as long as Trump is center stage...

Just as long as 'politics', the control freaks a thousand miles away in Washington occupying the gleaming city on the Hill are upper most in your mind.

From 1975, as pertinent today...

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
What Pro Trump rally's look like:

What anti-Trump rally's look like:

And this is what the Democrat proffesturds reward you to do to the Republicans:

www.nytimes.com...

www.nbcbayarea.com...

www.sfgate.com...

thedcgazette.com...
edit on V082017Saturdayam30America/ChicagoSat, 22 Apr 2017 11:08:25 -05001 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I don't think that students should be getting extra credit for slamming the person in office of the president of the United States. This kind of action will set precedence, what happens when a Democrat gets in the Whitehouse next time. If this would have happened if Hillary was put into the white house, she would have shut down funding to the college till the people running it were removed. Trump is too much of a putts with this kind of stuff, the far left Democrats would not stand for this.
edit on 22-4-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I don't think that students should be getting extra credit for slamming the person in office of the president of the United States. This kind of action will set precedence, what happens when a Democrat gets in the Whitehouse next time. If this would have happened if Hillary was put into the white house, she would have shut down funding to the college till the people running it were removed. Trump is too much of a putts with this kind of stuff, the far left Democrats would not stand for this.

Very interesting point. If the shoe were on the other foot there would be all kinds of uprising. Hopefully, it won't ever get that far because then I would have to agree with "them". This is a terrible practice and one that should be repressed at all costs.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
If it was up to me.

I freeze every single tax dollar going to college and universities until they cleaned house.

And actually start teaching their students the tools needed to make it in this world.

Political agendas is not one of them.

Asinine course's, and extra credit are a waste of tuition money is not one of them.

White privilege and other well known bull snip.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Remember all the people protesting Obama for extra credit?

Neither do I.
edit on 22-4-2017 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

It already works like that in our Journalism department, except the "extra credit" is writing for the student newspaper and it has nothing to do with any of your classes. A neutral posture is required, however. Sometimes -- to the point of idiocy (on both sides).

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

I dunno, I just see a bunch of stupid white people demonstrating FOR Trump in PUBLIC and at a Staged Anti-Trump rally!

Kinda like showing up in your KKK Hoodie at a BLM rally. How stupid is that?

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Sorry but you know thats ridiculous. If Hilary had won, the Leftists College professors would be singing her praises! They NEVER say anything in opposition to Democrat politicians, unless of course, they aren't sufficeintly leftist.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Way to go prof!

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Yeah we all just hope to skirt through and not learn anything.
That's why we pay to go.
Shakes head.
And then we all hope to skirt through life unemployed.
No home ownership. No life.
Because sitting and doing nothing is everyone's goal right?

Maybe to you.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: rickymouse

Sorry but you know thats ridiculous. If Hilary had won, the Leftists College professors would be singing her praises! They NEVER say anything in opposition to Democrat politicians, unless of course, they aren't sufficeintly leftist.

Yeah, you are right, most of the professors are leftist Democrats, they would never let the students go disrupt anything Democrat. I guess I wasn't thinking.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Yeah, no cherry-picking there.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join