It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defending Against Attacks/Harassment from High Strangeness Phenomena

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
*snip*
While some here would have read my scattered posts and just assume I come off as not only a wet blanket, or glib or whatever adjective you prefer I have never in person met anyone other than myself who did fight back against the HSP and let me tell you the ostracism from those who believe in such things (HSP) has been crippling.

Nothing is quite as awful as going to a UFO conference or other HSP conference and asking about fighting back and having everyone stare at you like you just grew three eyes and six legs. It's JUST LIKE farting in church. Plus no one can or will help you. They simply have never considered the idea.

Ann Duffel is a complete relevation to me.

Interesting. It's as though some are being conditioned to believe that they can do nothing, and are powerless. That they would actually ostracize someone who did is even more interesting!! All the more reason to fight!!

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

The copper is an offering. It's something given. A ceremonial gift.

It's embarrassing even talking about it to be honest.

From the outside, it may seem just an odd behavior or a quirk.

But I sleep better if it's done.

Ah. Have heard of similar practices. If I did any of that, it would more likely be a saucer of milk, for the little people! I tend to be more of the "get out of my space" mentality, overall!

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It makes sense on about three different "correspondence" levels.

First of all,it's your space. The square is a basic symbol of concrete reality. Hearth, home.

The copper is one of the seven alchemical metals, it symbolizes Venus, a mothers loving nurture.

Also ... pennies ... you always give your "two cents worth" twice over.

And as you say an offering ...

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Geki09

Interesting. Looking at your profile you've never made a thread about this right? Could you make a thread and go into more detail about this and open up a discussion about it? Thanks

Also, how do you message a member now a days? Several years ago I got messages on ATS and could send them as well.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

There is always the aspect to all of this which is entirely human.

Humans work the "bad ju-ju" against each other. Black limos, black helicopters, black suits ...

Yeah I understood what khnum was referring to and just went with it.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Gumerk

Click the little green man under the avatar and stats.

Which I'm about to do.
Gryph, you will soon have a U2U.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Well even if there's nothing to any of it more than just controlling the level of our consciousness.

And i've been reminded lately that the Universe move s in mysterious ways.

One thing I do know is that I don't like to be f-ed with ... and i think there are forces both mundane and exotic that are doing just that.

I've realized we're being herded ... and ... well you know. I'm not a fan of control.

ETA: U2U back at ya.

edit on 22-4-2017 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
These modern figures are analogues to the classic creatures of The Otherworld ... and of course, I'm not the first one to notice.

Sasquatch (trolls or ogres)

Greys (little people, fairies, goblins or gnomes)

Reptilians (Snakes, Dragons, etc.)

Nordics (Elves, Angels)

Shadow People (Demons, Deva, etc.)

Mothman (Demon, Devil)

UFOs (Fairies (lights), also Angels, etc.)

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
One thing that is similar to DC Cowboys pennies is miners used to tuck coal around a property to ward off things.
It was one of the first things we found here, was coal tucked into crevices of the fieldstone retaining walls.
We thought it was "quaint" at the time.

God help stupid suburban kids!!
We didn't get "the memo"

Another one is using iron.It's reported in the old fairytales to repel and harm fairies and such. I haven't tried that but did grid the house inside with matched quartz crystals. Much like DC, taped in place for good measure.

Interestingly the Mirror thing is why some cultures have clothing with small mirrors sewn onto them. I've never been comfortable with large mirrors in the home cause scrying and possible entry points so have always taped a small compact mirror facing towards the mirror to in a way block things from entry.

Call me crazy or whatever, but I prefer to call it cautious.
I've also used this on exterior windows when things got really bad.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

My approach was never to ward off things as much to appease the things that are already and always there.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
My motto used to be (and is becoming again) "Whatever works."

There's a passage in Ephesians about the "full armor of God" ... I used to have a very detailed ritual every morning of putting it all on. I think we all think of spheres or circles of light as boundaries.

(Yes, Annelle, I pray ... or I used to ...)

My mom, fundamentalist Christian though she was, was also a fair bit of a mage herself. She burned sulfur in every room of a new house that we moved into ... because it "drove out all the pests."

I've got floods of memories coming back in lately.

LOL.
edit on 22-4-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The alchemical symbol for copper....

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
A few folks have asked me about my personal involvement in the subject. I didn't include this in the OP because I didn't want this thread to be another version of "This is my story." However, I can understand that it's important to have context, and so, this is what I've got.

I had experiences as a child of about 5 years old (1971) with what the type of HSP that is now called a Shadow Person. I "dreamed" about what I called at the time "Black Frankenstein" outside my bedroom window (which was 20 feet off the ground). At the same time I started having those "dreams" (every night) I also started sleepwalking. (I haven't walked in my sleep before or since, not even ONCE.) While sleepwalking I was trying to get to an area of the house that would have let me go either a) outside or b) down a long steep flight of stairs to the first floor which also led outside. My mom secured the door with a rope so I couldn't get it open. She told me (years later) that she did this after noticing my sleep walking.

This is an approximation of what I remember seeing at my window. (edited version of the typical "Hat Man" figure)

One night while I was trying to get the door open, my dad (who was not the most patient man in the world, LOL) yelled at me to wake up. I did, and started screaming. I was screaming and crying for 10 or 15 minutes, inconsolably. After that, I understand that I asked our pastor if Jesus could make "Black Frankenstein" go away, which of course, embarrassed my mom. At about the same time in the house, when Mom and I were there alone, we'd hear doors opening and closing, she'd find the back door (on the first level) unlocked and open when she knew she'd locked it ... and even heard footsteps on the long staircase I mentioned. Apparently, one early morning, we heard something downstairs and Mom started to cry. Apparently, I grabbed up a toy golf club (we actually got to have metal toys in those days) and ran to the stairs and down them before she could stop me. I guess I had finally had "enough."

Two other experiences later in life (one when I was a teenager about 15 or 16, one in my mid-20s) are the extent of my purely "confrontational" experiences with HSP ... one of which I've related regarding a bipedal something walking in the woods near my home.

My childhood experiences though ... left a bigger mark on me than I have realized until very recently. Even though due to my parent's vigilance and their setting boundaries I was never able to get outside ... I've realized that my young mind was infected forever with a sense of Strangeness. After that, even though the experiences stopped (perhaps because I stood up to it, perhaps because my Mom started praying everyday, perhaps because we moved away.) I was TERRIFIED of the dark.

Pathologically. And I didn't overcome that until 10 or 12 years later. All kids (and some adults) are frightened a bit by darkness ... but I was TERRIFIED of it. I remember many many nights crying myself to sleep in fear.

Things like that shouldn't happen to a child.

I've become aware that my memories and perceptions have been messed with. I've become aware that certain things were "hidden" from me. (I know this sounds vague as heck but it's the best I can do to relate it at the moment). My "vision" was blocked to certain things, even though, my natural abilities and "destiny" overcame some of that manipulation.

So, like I said, my Experiences are the Shadow Person as a child, an Invisible Sasquatch in my teens, and a Ghost/Psychic Memory when I was in my mid-20s. All of these have other Objective explanations, none of which explain the Subjective effect on me.

The anger comes in to realize that a) they messed with me when I was a kid and hadn't fully formed an ego to be able to fight them, b) they inhibited and exposed certain characteristics in me that I've spent my whole life working around, c) caused me and those around me in my life a whole lot of unnecessary pain.

The upshot of all this personal stuff is ... if there is any way I can help others defend themselves against these f-ing HSPs I'm going to do it.

Whatever it takes; whatever works.

Thanks for listening.

edit on 23-4-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

My childhood experiences though ... left a bigger mark on me than I have realized until very recently.

The anger comes in to realize that a) they messed with me when I was a kid and hadn't fully formed an ego to be able to fight them, b) they inhibited and exposed certain characteristics in me that I've spent my whole life working around, c) caused me and those around me in my life a whole lot of unnecessary pain.

Very moving and well said!
It's a glossed over part of the whole experience that is seldom discussed much less addressed.

It's easy to spout off "some therapy will take care of that" but the reality is however you've been altered reaches into every aspect of your life. Your decision making skills, your interpersonal relationships, just everything. This becomes much more than a person just suffering from a traumatic event because you have been altered. "How you think" is fundamentally changed. Not what you think, mind you, but "How".

To say it's been understudied, passed off for easier diagnosis by doctors, ignored, would be an epic understatement.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Bingo.

Another issue is that many if not most of the "vectors" that these HSPs affect our lives are considered as "separate fields" and are as consumed by zealotry and dogma as any religion. And almost all of them suggest that there's no way to resist or fight back.

What they are changes over time. Whatever the true form is ... what "truth" might mean in this context ... who knows?

Forget the fact that the stories that say combine UFO experiences with Bigfoot experiences with Ghost experiences are just ignored. (Hint, there's apparently a lot of them.) Or the aliens who look like Brad Pitt, or the Creature from the Black Lagoon, or a Dalek.

They use what's in our minds against us. Whatever they think will scare us the most.
edit on 23-4-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Interesting. It's as though some are being conditioned to believe that they can do nothing, and are powerless. That they would actually ostracize someone who did is even more interesting!! All the more reason to fight!!

I know right?
It's truly one of those life-WOW moments.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Without looping into the very obvious Jacques Vallee aspects I agree we still haven't gotten a handle or even a good overview of what "It" actually is. Just some very basic behavior patterns of "It" and those are subject to change.

-If it appears in this form it'll act THIS way, maybe.
-If this happens X Y Z are probable, maybe

and so on. It's discouraging and frustrating. Personally I think we're most likely lumping too many things into one pot and saying "It"s stew and stew is fine".

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Great thread on a fascinating subject. I've always been interested in "HSP" despite never personally experiencing it, per se. Besides a couple anomalies in the sky, a few brain chemistry experiments and the occasional "creepy" sensation, my life thus far has been largely phenomenon-free.

Sometimes I'm almost jealous of other folks fantastic paranormal tales. I've often wondered why some are privy to "HSP", while others are not. As has been mentioned previously, I suspect belief may have something to do with it. Raised in a Christian environment, I vaguely recall lessons which specifically addressed HSP. The gist of it was, God doesn't let that stuff happen. Of course, there were some cherry picked bible verses included to support that claim.

I "dropped out" of church by age 13 and have been entirely non-religious ever since. Only fairly recently have I started considering spirituality and "meaning of life" type subjects. I've also began to accept that HSP could be a real thing. I get the occasional "creepy vibe", the feeling that something unseen is present. When this occurs, I remind myself what a certain hippy chick told me in high school. As she put the two tiny squares of paper on my tongue she said, "Remember, whatever you're about to experience isn't really real, it's all in your head. Don't be afraid, just go with it."

I'm not trying to imply that all phenomena is simply a product of our minds. But I do know that mantra has really come in handy for me a few times. "Don't be afraid. It's all in your head. Just go with it."

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
It's discouraging and frustrating. Personally I think we're most likely lumping too many things into one pot and saying "It"s stew and stew is fine".

I agree. Frustrating, particularly. I even have arguments with myself (as I have many, many times about posting anything personal) and that frustration, sadly, has erupted from me before in absolutely inelegant ways ... very harsh, objective critiques of someone's experiences, etc.

Then there are things that compound the already frustrating matter between objectivity and subjectivity ... people lie.

People are mentally disturbed. (And if you think you can always tell, I think you're wrong, LOL). (That's the generic "you." of course.)

People have ulterior motives. (Ditto.)

And last but not least ... governmental and other control-agencies use all of the above to their advantage in whatever the heck they are up to in these matters.

I go back and forth on "lumping things together." My mind wants everything to be related, everything to have a unifying aspect. I know that's not the case altogether ... but on the other hand, all these Experiences have more to do with each other than they are different from each other. At least in my current understanding.

Which of course, can change anytime in a matter of days based on more data, more consideration, more experiences, etc.

edit on 23-4-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Tuomptonite

I appreciate what you are saying. In fact, to add to the heresy, while I wouldn't say "it's all in your head" I would say that a good number of these experiences are primarily Subjective. By that I mean that what happens is experiential without being actual (Objective.)

This is why, I believe, a lot of Experiences only happen when someone is alone, in sensory-deprived situations, often in a different conscious state.

Let me reiterate that does not mean that the Experience isn't REAL. That is not at all what I'm saying. I'm not saying it's delusion, I'm not saying that it's (purely) hallucination (although I think some of the same processes occur.)

I'll say this. Your level of experience is based on your world-view. I've intentionally adopted a harsh, materialistic, atheistic/areligious mindset for about the last decade ... and even the lesser "odd events" and synchronicities have dropped to almost nil.

I'll be glad to hear any thoughts you have about anything we're discussing, and thanks for participating!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join