It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims to March on Amazon Over Prayer Breaks

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

The only hiccup would be, the employees the story is about, are not hired by Amazon but by an outside contractor. So then this all becomes a case of should outside contractors who work for Amazon be allowed access to existing facilities used for prayer by employees directly hired by Amazon.

Thanks, another ATS member who actually bothered to read.
Its about Amazon having to extend its employee benefits to A CONTRACTOR

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

The sabbath starts Friday evening until Saturday evening.... I refuse to work after 6 p.m. until Sunday morning (sunrise) and ohhh......Sunday is another day of rest for Westerns.... so I now get two days of sabbath in the west.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Shamrock6

They are contractors not employees...whats so hard to understand

I understand that just fine. What's so hard to understand about making religious accommodations for some but not others? Again, reading beyond the OP, one would learn that the claim is being made that amazon told the security force they can use the prayer rooms then turned around and denied them the use of it. Is that what happened? I dunno, but that's the claim.

Do some actual research before you assume others haven't.
edit on 24-4-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
If you don't like it, don't work there.

This is a work place environment and when you enter those doors, this is all business till you "clock out". Then you can do whatever it is you do.

Lets hope Amazon doesn't fold.

They're not just employees. They're also stakeholders, and loud ones at that. And not only are they loud, they are also organized. Like, globally. And there are millions of them. And they're going to make Amazon fold. Amazon will fold so hard spaceships will be able to travel from point A to point Z seemingly faster than the speed of light directly through the newly folded company. It's why everyone in the quadrant is learning to speak Muslim. All I hear is "Kacccchhhhk grrzzzzzzzz oioioioioilaoioioioila eeeeeeebraheeeeeem allah allah allah will pray for yoooooooo! Hey!"

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: gortex

Right?

Love how everybody is skipping over the part where some employees are given a space to pray but others are told to suck it.

Yea man! I hope Amazon doesn't fold to those dirty Muslims....just those other Muslims over there!

Reading is hard I guess.

IT is a LUXURY like massive stock options, complementary lifetime gym memberships, golden parachutes, etc. The janitor doesn't get the same office as a top EXEC. IF a high exec travels and they get him the best room in the nearest hotel, do you think the same all expenses covered is going to be done for all the other employees at lower positions?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join