It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims to March on Amazon Over Prayer Breaks

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Careful, he's in goalpost moving mode now.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
My religion is forbidding me to work because that's paid slavery. I request monthly benefits.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The legal kind of course.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

When I go to work I am expected to work.I am doing good if I get
a 15 minute break at all.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I think everyone is glancing over the CONTRACT SECURITY part, they aren't actually employees with amazon.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Equal treatment looks good on paper but not in a realistic world.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

Which is the story of millions Americans across this country.

Real Life.

And in real life we know we don't get everything we want.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Yet another reason to consider Islam as a totally engineered, inverse spirituality, a 'backwards progression' in the history of Human spirituality. I have argued on numerous occasions, using numerous proofs, that Islam is designed to undermine the progress of Mankind, across all strands of positive social development, but (and I swear this is not biased, just based on evidence) - specifically to decimate the various organic pockets of territory in various nations of groups of people, mainly towns & cities with surrounding regions, where the populace largely followed the Christian faith which had begun to appear throughout the known world by the sixth century, without forced conversion (at that time).

Having prayer breaks several times a day? More proof. If people have to take several breaks from work each day in order to fulfil some rote activity which is largely a series of unthinking, automatic actions or 'thoughts', often in a language totally incomprehensible to the 'user', then just how much productivity would be lost if we all behaved in such manner? What cost to regional progress by cooperative action? What if there were two distinct warring factions within these prayer-by-rote societies who insisted on carrying out their daily activities in such a manner?

What cost to the GDP in continually warring* (yet not technologically developed) societies in which each party insist on breaking off from the tasks of work multiple times each day, even while warring...?

*or continually disrupted by civil war arising from the two faction arrangement..

Can we tentatively say that this is why much of the Middle East & Northern Africa remained an uncultured, savage sandbox backwater (with some pseudo-culturalism by assimilation of conquered thinkers, eg - Moorish Spain, Morocco, Algeria etc) while the Western world got on with the business of progress, fashioning their social environment in ways suitable for achieving that progress, following a more natural spiritual-social progression marked in three phases: Jewish covenant; Christian grace; Enlightenment reason.

The Islamic Inversion-Interdiction Interlude Theory of Disruption states that Islam was deliberately designed as a calculated inversion of all that is good & holy, designed as a social-war machine to disrupt & if possible thoroughly destroy any & all human cultural/civilised progress achieved or yet to be achieved through dual strands of Greco-Roman & Judeo-Christian worldview & philosophy - an organic, gradated learning & revelation structure of spirituality as social progress, with said progress described taking us from the time of unquestioned non-human control of society (slavery to the gods in the fertile crescent & beyond), to a turning away by patriarch figures; to tribal/regional warring (yet with reverence for the promise of change) - to tribal stability through ritual, to nationhood & the growth of empires, valuing knowledge as a boon & demonstrable power-asset, then finding a natural evolution & assimilation, a psycho-social comfort of belief within nations (even small nations under external empire control). This is followed by a shake-up; an expected & unexpected, promised mystery, a radical adjustment in aspects of encultured belief, with an inherent power to affix the matter in contemplation, with primacy of inherent power being the central principle, a joyous liberation from the weight of servitude, even as servants, by an experiential relationship with the Divine. This evolves somewhat, but then is sullied & distorted by unfortunate yet natural corruption - until the breaking of chains in reformation, and onward the push of liberty in the enlightenment of reason, carrying natural refutation of the afore-mentioned corruption, yet with all such reformation & enlightenment being diffused upon & through a culture having the benefit of well over a thousand years of easy, simple, straightforward social rules & patterns of behaviour (though oft-ignored by power-mongers), also with the benefit of a hidden hermetic tradition working in the overall interests of Mankind, checking the advancement of totalitarianism, the whole Western world thus crucially having a base populace maintaining progressive Western values - a deep-seated belief in hope eternal, in ultimate justice, and in the fortitude of right conduct.

The I-I-I-I TOD was, and remains, and thankfully is well-understood to be, a deliberate, deeply evil, calculated attempt at the disruption of a cogent plan for the psycho-social-spiritual evolution of Mankind. And we still have help.

Just saying.

edit on AprilSaturday1714CDT11America/Chicago-050024 by FlyInTheOintment because: clarification

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

Maybe you and Neo should find employers that give breaks, either paid or unpaid.

Just like nobody is forcing Muslims to work at Amazon, nobody is forcing either of you to work for employers that don't provide rest periods

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

In America, equal treatment is our Constitutional right. Or, are you not that much into the Constitution?

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

My employer does provide breaks! Sometimes it is difficult to
take a break because of the type of business we are in.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I happen to live in a realistic world and don't rely on rose-colored
glasses to view it from!

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
If they are willing to provide prayer rooms and religious breaks to employees of other faiths they should extend the same privileges to their Muslim employees.

All or nothing in my book when it comes to these sort of things.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

“Unlike other companies in locations with large Muslim populations, Amazon has not supported Muslim service workers requesting space to pray during their law-mandated work breaks,”

Looks like a pretty simple solution to me.........don't build your facilities any where near locations with large Muslim populations. If you do..........this kinda crap is what you can expect and when they fold to the demands, watch prices of goods at Amazon go up and then the rest of us will be paying for their prayer spaces.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

And yet still nobody is forcing you to work there.

So, again, saying that nobody is forcing Muslims to work somewhere that doesn't treat them the same as other Muslims that work there is no different than pointing out you don't have to work wherever you work so whining about your lack of breaks isn't anybody's fault but your own.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Exactly. I don't give a toss what Amazon does or doesn't do, nor do I care who they hire or don't hire.

So long as they do it to everybody.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I am 62 years old and in this day and age I am doing good in
getting a job at all.The benefits of working hard is that I
have lost 30 pounds since mid-december.I think I will stay
where I'm at for now.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

If certain employees have an area to pray, why can't all the muslim employees use the same room?

FTR.
I don't think any secular job should cater to religious beliefs.
Why is one religion more special than another?

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I believe all religion should be kept out of the workplace in an equal manner.

However, in this specific case, the cat is already out of the bag. Amazon already has policy in place that accommodates their Muslim employees in regards to those employees want of a space to pray during work hours.

So this whole thing is not about whether religion should be allowed in the workplace. It is about Amazon extending existing policy from employees in one division to employees in another division.

The only hiccup would be, the employees the story is about, are not hired by Amazon but by an outside contractor. So then this all becomes a case of should outside contractors who work for Amazon be allowed access to existing facilities used for prayer by employees directly hired by Amazon.

Its corporate nonsense and bureaucracy. Not a religious debate.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
5 breaks a day?

Haha Sign me up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join