It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims to March on Amazon Over Prayer Breaks

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Hate to say this OP but Kayla is right on this. Now I would be against it if members of other religions don't have prayer rooms.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Right?

Love how everybody is skipping over the part where some employees are given a space to pray but others are told to suck it.

Yea man! I hope Amazon doesn't fold to those dirty Muslims....just those other Muslims over there!

Reading is hard I guess.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
All joking aside, companies will simply stop hiring Muslims.

Which is discriminatory, and if I'm not mistaken, also illegal.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: conspiracytheoristIAM

Seems like a good argument for those of us who feel that Muslims don't want to assimilate into our culture, but actually want us to change for their beliefs

Not sure why it would sound like that to you , if well paid members of Amazon staff are allowed a room to pray in their own break why shouldn't contract staff be allowed the same courtesy ?
There is nothing in the story that says they want anything other than parity with their fellow workers.

It sounds like that because quite obviously most people in the thread a) haven't bothered to read anything beyond the paltry OP b) it's Muslims or c) both.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Yep.

You're right.

But that won't change what'll happen.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Sad but true mate.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
In the past, I would say something about Islam and how the muslim Barbary Pirates are taking over the world.
I'd also post a cartoon or photo, but it would only get censored. I would then get a 10,000 point penalty.

So be careful of what you say here.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: CB328

50 years of litigation they have levied towards Christianity

Christianity is a dangerous force, just like Islam. In spite of that Christians still have a huge amount of power in this country, just look at the current administration.

LOL,

Good one. Christians have lost every battle in the "morality war" since the late 60's.

What do Christians want to make you do against your will? Serious question.

Have a child for one

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Anyone name and job that lets them get to take 5 breaks a day ?

NEONE ?

A business hires people to do work.

Praying 5 times a day takes from productivity.

Which costs business's money.

And.

SEIU figures.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

You do know that some of those prayers happen before and after work? So, let's say we give them a lunch break and a mid-afternoon break. Or a lunch break and a mid-morning break. Pretty typical to give a mid-morning AND a mid-afternoon break in addition to a lunch break for hourly workers. That okay with you boss?

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

JP Morgan Chase provides a shuttle to get Muslim employees to a mosque if they work in an office that can't provide a prayer room.

My local mall's anchor stores have rooms set aside for prayer rooms.

Accenture structures their annual holiday calendar to include Muslim holidays and observations.

Hertz allows their Muslim employees to pray as long as they clock out for it, and gives them two ten minute breaks a day to do so.

There's a literal list of companies that make accommodations for Muslim prayer time because the prayers can be done in a few minutes and only two of the normal prayer times occur during a "normal" workday. Trying to spin this as some massive drain on manpower and productivity is, bluntly, idiotic and completely ignorant of how long daily prayers actually take.

Let's not pretend that every non-Muslim employee works at 100% capacity, 100% of their day, 100% of all days.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Fine.

Then the ONLY way Amazon is going to get ANYTHING done is by hiring non muslims.

When I go to a job I am expected to well ya know WORK.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Fine.

Then the ONLY way Amazon is going to get ANYTHING done is by hiring non muslims.

When I go to a job I am expected to well ya know WORK.

You continue to ignore that the problem is Amazon is allowing some Muslims time to pray but not others.

Not that I expect that to matter to you, of course.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Really

JP MORGAN!

The banker justification.

Absolutely precious.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Make sure you don't hire smokers then. I've known them to take up to 10 5-minute breaks a day to feed their habit.

I think a 15-minute mid-afternoon break and a lunch break ain't gonna kill the company.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Sorry but when you enter your workplace or school your religion should be left at the door. If you wish to pray silently on your regularly scheduled break that is fine and dandy but businesses and schools absolutely should not be forced in any way to make special accommodations for any religious prayer or ceremony. I work with Muslims and they are there to make a paycheck just like me and ALL of us save our prayer time for outside of the work environment.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Amazon will probably fold under pressure from CAIR or some other group.
We do have to be politically correct these days you know.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Make sure you don't hire smokers then. I've known them to take up to 10 5-minute breaks a day to feed their habit.

Which smokers are you referring to ?

Tobacco or weed.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Really

JP MORGAN!

The banker justification.

Absolutely precious.

You asked for jobs that make accommodations.

I provided a list of jobs that provide accommodations.

Don't take your ball and go home just because your argument got shut down. That's what's precious.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

So now it's a bad thing to give employees equal treatment?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join