It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rear Admiral SYLVIA TRENT-ADAMS is our new U.S. Surgeon General.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Friday, April 21, 2017

The dysfunctional New York Times tried to describe this transition in a negative light, because President Trump's administration is in charge. But because you have an African American woman, replacing a man of Indian heritage as U.S. Surgeon General, they had to be somewhat like a real newspaper with this story.

Headline: NURSE REPLACES SURGEON GENERAL AFTER OBAMA APPOINTEE RESIGNS

""America’s doctor was fired on Friday and replaced by a nurse.

Surgeon General Vivek H. Murthy, an Obama administration holdover, was asked to resign by the Trump administration. He was replaced by his deputy, Rear Adm. Sylvia Trent-Adams, one of the first nurses to serve as surgeon general.

Admiral Trent-Adams will for now be in an acting role. As of Friday evening, she had already replaced Dr. Murthy on the surgeon general’s Twitter account, and her portrait had replaced his on the agency’s Facebook page. One of the first comments on that post asked, “Where is Dr. Murthy?”"

Full Story: www.nytimes.com... umb&module=region®ion=region&WT.nav=region

Rear Admiral Sylvia Trent-Adams has to be the most attractive female Surgeon General ever. Hopefully, she'll be outspoken and high-profile in this position. I'd never heard of her predecessor, Vivek Murthy, before today.

Another "high-five!" to the still young Trump administration.

-CareWeMust
edit on 4/22/2017 by carewemust because: typo

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   
It is Surgeon General.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Looks like she is just holding the position since she was second in command and the Surgeon General before her was asked to resign. It'll be interesting to see who Trump chooses for the position. Could be her, could be someone else. Thanks for the heads up about the resignation/firing.

STM
edit on 22-4-2017 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
It is Surgeon General.

Right. I think they're primarily symbolic..unless you need medical care.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Damn nurses trying to take over... I'm sure the one star on her shoulder has nothing to do with her capabilities....

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   
She is kinda cute. I think she will do fine. Maybe she can straighten out a few things in that department.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

pics (if she's cute) or it didn't happen. You know how this goes

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Idreamofme
Whoa! That's a big picture! Sorry about that. Let's try this one.

edit on 22-4-2017 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: Idreamofme
Whoa! That's a big picture! Sorry about that. Let's try this one.

Like all those coloured bars on the uniform (right side). Wish we could get something like that in the computer industry.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Is this a "high-five!" for the Trump administration because she's "cute" or because she's suited to the job ?
Just curious.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Is this a "high-five!" for the Trump administration because she's "cute" or because she's suited to the job ?
Just curious.

Poor girl, she is just their poster child. Saying she is cute is not meant as a compliment.

Trust me, I was raised by 13 generations of Mississippi racists. I know all the code talking.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

A PR move by the Kushner faction. Put a woman of color in a high profile, symbolic position. (There must have been a qualified surgeon of color, but apparently they couldn't find one who is a female.)

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
So, our nation's doctor is a nurse??

As the Nation’s Doctor, the Surgeon General provides Americans with the best scientific information available on how to improve their health and reduce the risk of illness and injury. In 2010, the Affordable Care Act designated the Surgeon General as the Chair of the National Prevention Council, which provides coordination and leadership among 20 executive departments with respect to prevention, wellness, and health promotion activities.

The Surgeon General oversees the U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps (USPHS), an elite group of more than 6,700 uniformed officer public health professionals working throughout the federal government whose mission is to protect, promote, and advance the health of our nation.

www.surgeongeneral.gov...

ya, should work out well... I mean we all know how well the doctor's listen to the nurses....

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

I wonder if she will end up with the position. It seems she may have just assumed the position until Trump finds a replacement, but I sure wouldn't have a problem with Trump appointing her/a nurse to the position. In my own experience, nurses are earth angels -- and often more helpful than doctors!

And she is definitely the prettiest Surgeon General we've ever had

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Poor girl, she is just their poster child. Saying she is cute is not meant as a compliment.

Trust me, I was raised by 13 generations of Mississippi racists. I know all the code talking.

That explains a lot. I guess if you were raised by 13 generations of racists, then, yeah, pretty much anything and everything will look racist to you... but for some of us, "cute" just means "cute." And Trent-Adams is definitely a beautiful woman.

What a shame for you that you can't get beyond that racist double-speak and give this woman the credit she is due, rather than simply dismiss her and her accomplishments -- the "poor girl" -- as nothing more than a skin color.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Trump's Surgeon General is a black woman.
We have already seen here in this thread that if you like her, you must be a racist.

Does it make one a misogynist also?

Doesn't that seem just a tad silly?

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Just curious.

You can have the best of both worlds. I am sure she is qualified for the job.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

she's the first surgeon general not to be a doctor... and that is the only first here...
not that she's a minority race, or that she's a women...
she's the first not to be a doctor...
weather or not that makes her unqualified, I don't know.
she does seem to have quite a bit of experience that would be useful in that position...

en.wikipedia.org...

but she is mainly a fill in till trump gets around to appointing someone for the position.
Ben Carson would be a better pick for this position than he would have been for HUD!!!

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Everyone knows it's actually the nurses that do all the work to begin with.

new topics

top topics

join