It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Split - James McAvoy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Has anyone else here watched this movie? If so...how does the ending fit in? I have seen that movie too, but it seems REALLY random for this movie...

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

You could provide an IMDB link.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   

It's different...that's for sure.
I did get a chuckle out of Bruce Willis at the very end as a nod to one of the directors other movies "unbreakable"

Edit: I just read that there may be plans to bring unbreakable and split together in the future.
Having Bruce Willis track down the dudes 24th personality- the horde.
The ending is a bit confusing if you never seen unbreakable.
A dude mentions Samuel L Jacksons character "the guy in the wheel chair" from that move -Mr Glass, then Bruce Willis is sitting at the bar over hearing the conversation. Giving the clue that Bruce will be going after the guy now.
edit on 22-4-2017 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

It's a sequel.

Supposedly, there will be a third installment. And, as Mr. Glass is locked in a loony bin, I can only assume The Beast will be the villain of the third film.

I found it confusing too, hadn't seen Unbreakable and had to watch it to understand Split's ending. Pretty good film too.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

It's a great film, thought I'd edit your post to add A spoiler warning as you've revealed the twist(s?) to anyone that's not seen it

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   

I thought this was a very good film with great Acting from James McAvoy!

In the cafe at the end I was expecting to see 'James' seated at the bar in some type of disguise as he didn't die when he was shot. I have no idea what Bruce Willis was doing there..

Even so, I believe it's wide open for a sequel!

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

It's different...that's for sure.
I did get a chuckle out of Bruce Willis at the very end as a nod to one of the directors other movies "unbreakable"

Edit: I just read that there may be plans to bring unbreakable and split together in the future.
Having Bruce Willis track down the dudes 24th personality- the horde.
The ending is a bit confusing if you never seen unbreakable.
A dude mentions Samuel L Jacksons character "the guy in the wheel chair" from that move -Mr Glass, then Bruce Willis is sitting at the bar over hearing the conversation. Giving the clue that Bruce will be going after the guy now.

ok, now i just read your post and see what bruce was doing there, although I had no idea Split had anything to do with 'Unbreakable' till just now. Maybe I should watch 'Unbreakable' again.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Has anyone else here watched this movie? If so...how does the ending fit in? I have seen that movie too, but it seems REALLY random for this movie...

You have to watch the Shyamalan's "Unbreakable" to understand (don't miss the deleted scenes or you won't get the full effect of who BW's character actually is). Remember that McAvoy's character assumes the 'comic name' The Hoarde right there at the end too.

McAvoy oughta get one of them little gold trophies for his acting work in that flick. I've never seen anyone do that better.

There ... I think I did that without dropping a spoiler.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

james did great but the gold standard is still sally field.

everyone already answered the question from the op about the ending.....etc

i was a bit let down because he had 4 personalities and we only got to see about 1/4 of them and some for just a second on the screen...etc

hedwig was fantastic though.....etc

and if youre into 1 person playing several you should all check out orphan black...hands down my favorite show of all time.
its not about a girl with multiples but the girl plays many different clones of herself.

etc
edit on 22-4-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
i love movies about multiples or D.I.D.

i cant think of any movie that showed 24 personalities.

some notable movies and performances that come to mind are

like i said sally field in cybil. its old and a bit dated but still the go to performance.....they remade it in 07 with jessica lange. that is NOT the one to watch

like i said orphan black is about clones but tatiana plays 11 thus far

frankie and alice with halle berry is pretty good. she has 2 personalities in that.

there are lots that show the big reveal at the end where we see a character actually has multiples but not till the end of the movie....identity is a good one for that.
raising caine
fight club
primal fear

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Loved this movie, but question for those who have better resolution than my TV.

At the end, did BW's name tag say Dennis or David? I couldn't get a clear shot.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
this looks interesting.

^^^cate blanchett
edit on 22-4-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

You could cast only Kate Blanchete and Tilda Swindon in a movie with 50 characters, and still have the most amazing cast ever. Both of them are chameleons.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh

You could cast only Kate Blanchete and Tilda Swindon in a movie with 50 characters, and still have the most amazing cast ever. Both of them are chameleons.

i agree man.
i dig both of them. cate is about to be in a huge roll in thor and tilda did doctor strange but i think of them as character actors. not lead type.
have you seen we need to talk about kevin?

if not you should man. tilda is awesome in that.

www.imdb.com...

Kevin's mother struggles to love her strange child, despite the increasingly vicious things he says and does as he grows up. But Kevin is just getting started, and his final act will be beyond anything anyone imagined

her small part in snowpiercer was good too.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Watching this as a standalone with no information about the film, the ending ruined it a bit for me. Far more unanswered questions.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I have the exact same question. I watched it last night, and the ending was so out of left field. And I didn't see M. Night either, and he usually makes an appearance in his movies.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Slinki

He was in it. He played the assistant who helped the Dr. do some research about 2/3 of the way through. He has just put on some weight and his hair is longer.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Baldryck

Oh wow, I didn't even notice! Thanks for telling me that =D

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh

i agree man.
i dig both of them. cate is about to be in a huge roll in thor and tilda did doctor strange but i think of them as character actors. not lead type.
have you seen we need to talk about kevin?

if not you should man. tilda is awesome in that.

www.imdb.com...

Kevin's mother struggles to love her strange child, despite the increasingly vicious things he says and does as he grows up. But Kevin is just getting started, and his final act will be beyond anything anyone imagined

her small part in snowpiercer was good too.

Wow....I haven't thought about "We need to talk about Kevin " in a while. That is one of the most well acted movies I have ever seen....disturbing, but very well done.

Back on OP....McAvoy freaking nailed this part. I can't say I've ever seen someone take on that many roles in a movie and be able to pull it off.

I have watched Unbreakable more than once. I just thought that was a really random ending. Has Shayamalan ever made a movie tying another in before? I mean this movie didn't even make the news or break any box office records....and it should have.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baldryck
a reply to: Slinki

He was in it. He played the assistant who helped the Dr. do some research about 2/3 of the way through. He has just put on some weight and his hair is longer.

Oh...wow. I didn't even recognize him. They were sitting at a desk together.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join