It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The March for Science Because There is No Planet B

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

No where near all of humanity "know by now", because what you just stated is only theorised by radical right wing fundamentalists, and people who know literally nothing about thermodynamics, chemistry, or the climate. Furthermore, whether you think it was caused by people or not, denying the climate is changing does not make you witty, ahead of the game, or a thinker beyond your time. That sort of thinking is what we call "moronic" and for damned good reason.

Its like not believing in ballistics, and putting the barrel of a gun in your mouth before pulling the trigger, just to prove a point. The difference is, that doing it with climate related sciences, means that everyone dies, not just one, singular idiot.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
There is plenty we humans can do to change the effect of climate change. Car pool is a big one. I've been stuck in rush hour when I lived in Norfolk and in the hundreds of cars bumper to bumper. One person...Always more times then not. One human in every car. Also eat more chicken then cow. The amount of green house gasses produced by cows to feed and care and from the brown they leave behind is stupendous compared to the chicken.

It doesn't take a government to fix the issues. It takes you and me. All of us to change our lifestyle to fix this home we live on...I know I'm crazy.

Just fyi. This the only planet we have to live on. All others are just to far away.
edit on 22-4-2017 by ConscienceZombie because: silly little typos

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: dragonridr

Uh...

No. It was not fantasy. Fantasy would be....

"Lets just carry on being lead by financiers, bankers, MIC representatives and other representatives of the super rich, and ignore the effects even as our ankles get wetter and food becomes harder to manufacture. Lets just carry on without making the infrastructural changes necessary to protect the future from the stupidity of our collective past and present. Lets do NOTHING instead, capital idea, love it. The people understand it and the powerful do not have to pay for it. Everyone is on board!"

... and assuming that we can survive the consequences.

Business as usual will kill our species dragonridr. It will create circumstances we cannot survive, which will be upon us too fast for our bodies to evolve a way around. Humanity will cease to exist if we do not enact the suggestions I have put forward. There will be no future, unless we use the present wisely.

As long as we hate white people (even if we are white), play foaming lip service to minorities, and scream about the global warming doomsday prophecy, then none of that other "politics" stuff matters, anymore. Hell, even worshiping multinational corporations has become part of the Liberal Modern, as by nature they are "globalists". Military imperialism is rather "globalist" too. As long as its our Obama The Savior blowing up their country via a manufactured civil war ala Syria, oh, and we play blind loyalty Identity Politick Defendor to the Radical Islamic Extremists that spawn from the thing, then hey, the Military industrial Complex controlling out party just as much as they ever controlled the Republican's, militarism is eh okeh is long as we sport a mulitcultural smile when we do it, oh, and scream about global warming the sky is literally falling.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I am a massive lefty.

I am also anti-corporatist, therefore anti-globalist. I believe in the multicultural, believe that monoculture is about as wise as tight focus inbreeding, and has worse results, and that the use of military might to achieve profit based aims is absolutely disgusting, no matter who does it or why.

Because I exist, and believe as I do, you are simply wrong, and the reason is that I am not alone. Most people who identify with left wing ideals, think precisely the same way on the core issues.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: lostbook

The March for Politicized "Science" Because We Just Cant Quit Running Out Of Reasons To Protest And Riot Because We're Totally Nuts Because Hillary Lost Because Of Russia And Sexists And Stuff And This Is Just What We Do Now Forever More

I am surprised you didnt use your classic liberals = nazis to attempt discredit it. It is a march against politicized science (GOP climate denial being the biggest example) but you try to turn it around and claim its pushing politicized science.

**slow clap**

It's only politicized science when people deny our global warming doomsday prophecy, eh?

The whole affair is more on par with being a religion of course. A lot of good assessments over the years that go over the core aspects of organized religions (faith, clergy, prophets, messiahs, dogma, doctrine, etc), and Global WARMmongerism hitting most of the marks flawlessly. And the main political parties themselves a cultish by nature. Big and organized too. But I generally ascribe two very important distinctions with religions, of the proper ancient holy text based varieties: a doomsday scenario, and a promised land (heaven, nirvana, etc).

So Global Warming misses the promised land mark. But oh my, bring in the bigger picture of Emerging Technologies (Nano + Bio + Info + Cognitive technologies, and their convergence with Strong AI into the Technological Singularity), this whole unified front which is fountainheading right out of the same university culture where the foaming at the mouth Cult of SJW has emerged from just in time to fracture society and distract the entire world from debating as a species the Emerging Technologies Front, oh what a complete total religion the technologists have cooked up indeed.

And they'll be marching, that's who those academics will be, and they'll know what I'm saying full well. The useful idiots that show up mostly probably wont much realize it today. But soon it will rise up towards the surface if the Liberal Modern front. Mark my words; I'd bet my life on it.
edit on 22-4-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Have you been keeping up with the Alex Jones court goings on?

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I'll drink to that!

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

What am I wrong about?

Wrong to be obsessed with critiquing lunatic politics, hyper-tribalist bigotry, and rabid hypocrisies?

The Liberal Modern is such a different beast than 10 years ago pre-Obama, and we were kind of buddies in those days when I constantly attacked the Neocons. Philosophically I didn't much bother liberals or conservatives, didn't try to change to convert people as I am neither, I just go after the insanity. Then this identity politicks rode in with Obama the MSM etc Liberal Machine, and the liberals are completely out of their minds now, every part of the now vast via identity politics platform grows increasingly contradictory, with itself and especially with the stuff liberals supposedly used to care about.

If by lefty you mean people shouldn't have universal rights as individuals, that rights should be based on groups, that people should be perceived and appealed to first and foremost by what massive social group identity they are a part of (like race, sex, etc), you mean that kind of lefty? That's all the stuff of Hyper-Tribalism. Which is the same stuff found at the core of all racism, sexism, hooliganism, and so on. It inherently breeds bigotry, and is screamingly obvious across all of society, but most noteably on university campuses, where these raging academics that will be protesting here will have poured out from.

And as long as any mass social movement is into this stuff whole-heartedly, and are out as angry mobs beating up innocent people they presume to be of political opposition, or for race, and the vocal bulk of their party are out across social/media defending the oppressors, I will always be rabidly against them. Because this stuff isn't even political philosophy at this level, its just raw politicized tribalism. And every where at every point in history its turns to tyranny. The liberals of 10 years ago, as a movement went full swing with this Hyper-Tribalist Identity Politics stuff just after the turn of this decade and its already out precisely as to be expected by any with an academic type education / insight, that is social movements / social psychology wise. And thanks to social media it hit the full cultural diffusion rate liken no other such movement before it; the dark side inherent to such was already apparent right out the gates even.

So good luck with that if you're into that whole ordeal now dominant in "liberal" "politics". If you're not, I advise all of you to get back to basics, Classical Liberalism, or whatever pre-Identity Politics (PC, SJW, BLM, etc, etc), figure out a new name that distinguishes from this millennial SJW insanity stuff, otherwise they win and we face a dark century where the SJW's are bent on driving the entire 'right wing' world into a polarized opposite version of themselves, which they need to to ensure their own existence, and all of the Western World becomes dominated by never ending us vs them hate crimes and etc hyper-bigotry infighting. It's simply INHERENT to the nature that is the beast they are; the raw human nature their designs are bent on appealing to. They want to see the rise of International White Nationalism / White Supremacy; as its their self-fulfilling prophecy where is we keep pushing an open season on whites agenda it will drive whites into the arms of the STILL YET totally devastatingly marginalized 'proper' white hate groups of old.
edit on 22-4-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
If the March for Science wasn't conflating a bunch of left wing BS with the importance of science in our lives I'd be happier about it and might even support it.

But after tweets calling ISIS "marginalized peoples" in response to using the MOAB on them and a whole host of other BS I have to wonder what the actual goal of this March is.

In particular, the 'marginalized peoples' tweet is to me a questionable thing.

The meteorologist who 'captured' those tweets is... shall we say... rather vocal in his political opposition to both anthropogenic climate science, 'leftists,' anyone 'anti-Trump' and it seems the whole march as a whole.

I wonder if there even were misguided tweets by the March for Science, or if it was just another photoshop?

All I find are one or two different images... either the tweets were quickly deleted, or didn't happen. I would have thought there would be replies to the tweets like that, but I can't find those either.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Some of us will adapt. I'm on the top of the mountain, where all the water comes from.

80% of the rest of the world is eventually going on a forced migration, away from the coasts. That should work out fine, right?

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
Business as usual will kill our species dragonridr. It will create circumstances we cannot survive, which will be upon us too fast for our bodies to evolve a way around. Humanity will cease to exist if we do not enact the suggestions I have put forward. There will be no future, unless we use the present wisely.

Oh, we may already be past that point. Take this study for example. 4 (out of 19 total) million sq km of permafrost is set to thaw for each 1 degree Celsius temperature rise above pre-industrial levels - which we are already quite past.

1 trillion tonnes of carbon is trapped in those 19 million sq km of permafrost, and the total amount of carbon (in the form of carbon dioxide) in the entire atmosphere is less than that.

dragonridr is likely correct here. It's simply too late to mitigate.
edit on 11Sat, 22 Apr 2017 11:39:34 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago4 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

The march is to highlight the significant budget cuts under Trump's administration and the value of science. It's not a march to 'prove climate change.'

Where was the march for science when Obama defunded NASA?

Obama has defunded more government funded research than any president in the past 60 years.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Ah yes, I recall right as their anti-for-profit screams justifying their Obamacare push were reaching peak levels, he privatized NASA and they all did the old hip hip hooray.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

But after tweets calling ISIS "marginalized peoples" in response to using the MOAB on them and a whole host of other BS I have to wonder what the actual goal of this March is.

To keep that free tax payer money lining their pockets.

ISIS marginalized peoples!!!

The insane train continues full steam ahead.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Ding Ding Ding.

Second post of the thread and you've already got the answer. We know what will help, but not stop, climate change...because that is unstoppable.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Bill Nye the actor guy.

It doesn't matter whether or not climate change is man made or not at this point. The entire climate change mantra being pushed is for one reason, and one reason only, MONEY.

Just like every other false movement propped up by the controllers designed to tug at the heart strings of uninformed people, the puppet masters manipulate mankind to take more control, and reward the global elites with further riches and material goods.

They barely try to hide the TRUE agenda anymore. It is all about carbon taxes, climate tariffs, climate fees, and global control. Every single prominent "climate change activist" such as Bill Nye, Neil Tyson, and Al Gore, push the proposed transfer of wealth climate cash scheme in pubic, and without remorse.

It makes me sad to see so many people being used as pawns in a global chess game of power. Every singe person marching in the name of "science" are unfortunately just useful idiots to Al Gore and his ilk.

People are so easily taken advantage of when the machine appeals to emotions. People will do just about anything to feel good about themselves. The modern scientism movement is just as bad as the hardcore bible thumpers. It takes enormous amounts of faith to believe the lies that are pushed onto us in the name of global dominance.

WAKE UP people, we are being USED!

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Have you been keeping up with the Alex Jones court goings on?

What's an "Alex Jones"?

Court drama sounds an awful lot like tabloid gossip.

It has what to do with politicized science, this social movement which has made it its doomsday profitcy, and any of the crushing commentary I've deployed herein?

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

OP. The need to ask for credentials because i almost bet you a majority of them will not be scientist at all.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConscienceZombie
There is plenty we humans can do to change the effect of climate change. Car pool is a big one. I've been stuck in rush hour when I lived in Norfolk and in the hundreds of cars bumper to bumper. One person...Always more times then not. One human in every car. Also eat more chicken then cow. The amount of green house gasses produced by cows to feed and care and from the brown they leave behind is stupendous compared to the chicken.

It doesn't take a government to fix the issues. It takes you and me. All of us to change our lifestyle to fix this home we live on...I know I'm crazy.

Just fyi. This the only planet we have to live on. All others are just to far away.

No you arent crazy. just easily swayed by fake numbers and padded graphs and charts.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I knew you could do it, though I am not sure why you replied to my post twice. Reading your posts is the best because so much is wrong. Some people do treat science like a religion in some ways but that does not make science its self a religion. At least you dont hide your bigotry and false hoods like most that complain about the left.

Oh, btw I used Climate denial as a quick reference to what the march for science is about. It also includes protesting budget cuts for science and education to help the MIC. Repudiation of fake science being pushed by people (for example our wonderfully stupid President that doesn't know #) that harms others like the anti-vac movement.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join