It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F/A-18 crash on USS Carl Vinson - Pilot Safe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
www.c7f.navy.mil...

Not much more at this time but glad the pilot appears unharmed.

USS Carl Vinson -- A pilot safely ejected and was quickly recovered by a helicopter assigned to HSC-4 aboard USS Carl Vinson while conducting routine flight operations during a transit in the Celebes Sea. The incident occurred as the F/A-18E assigned to Carrier Air Wing 2 was on final approach to USS Carl Vinson. The incident is currently under investigation. The pilot is being assessed by the medical team on board USS Carl Vinson and there are no apparent injuries at this time.

edit on 4/21/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4.22.2017 by Kandinsky because: fixed typo

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Sounds like engine problems. He was on final approach at the time. The aircraft was part of Carrier Air Wing 2. He was picked up by a helicopter from HSC-4.

The aircraft was from VFA-137, BuNo 165904.

And it's the Carl Vinson, not the Carl Vincent.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
So, since it is so close, do they fish the aircraft out of the ocean? Do those planes have any flotation potential?

Did the jet touch the carrier at all? It says nothing in what I read so far about the plane.
edit on 21-4-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Please make your title more ATS search engine friendly by correcting the name from "Vincent" to "Vinson".

Thank-you.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

No, he didn't make the deck. They've recovered some aircraft from deep. It depends on the circumstances if they recover it or not. In this case they probably won't, since the pilot survived.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Decades ago a tomcat went down in the atlantic near the med.

The russians tried and almost succeeded in recovering it by snagging it in a commercial fishing net..

Dragged it miles before it fell back out. They were trying to drag it to shallower waters to recover it i think. They really wanted though was the new phoenix missile it was carrying. But they didnt get it. Navy recovered it via NR1.
edit on 22-4-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Please make your title more ATS search engine friendly by correcting the name from "Vincent" to "Vinson".

Thank-you.

My humble apologies.

So what do you think about the topic I posted rather than a smart arse comment on the difference between Vincent and Vinson?

new topics

top topics

join