It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenix Forgotten

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Everyone remember the Phoenix Lights?

A new Ridley Scott movie comes out today based on the phenomena. Here's the trailer for your viewing pleasure!

For those who need a refresher a brief Wiki description of the event:

The Phoenix Lights was a supposed UFO sighting which occurred in Phoenix, Arizona, and Sonora, Mexico on Thursday, March 13, 1997.Lights of varying descriptions were reported by thousands of people between 19:30 and 22:30 MST, in a space of about 300 miles (480 km), from the Nevada line, through Phoenix, to the edge of Tucson.[citation needed] There were allegedly two distinct events involved in the incident: a triangular formation of lights seen to pass over the state, and a series of stationary lights seen in the Phoenix area. The United States Air Force later identified the second group of lights as flares dropped by A-10 Warthog aircraft that were on training exercises at the Barry Goldwater Range in southwest Arizona. Witnesses claim to have observed a huge V-shaped (several football field sized), coherently-moving dark UFO (stars would disappear behind the object and reappear as it passed by), producing no sound, and containing five spherical lights or possibly light-emitting engines. Fife Symington,the governor at the time, was one witness to this incident. As governor he ridiculed the idea of alien origin, but several years later he called the lights he saw "otherworldly" after admitting he saw a similar UFO.

I'm very excited to see what they do with this and what sort of twists and turns the fictionalized movie version has to offer!
edit on 21-4-2017 by GeauxHomeYoureDrunk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Very much looking forward to this movie ! Should be very interesting, to say the least.

I would love to compare it to the many threads on here based on the Phoenix lights.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I cant figure out which one I am...

---> Should I feel left 'left out/wanting' because I haven't had a sighting/encounter
Or
---> Lucky that I haven't had a sighting/encounter
?

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Definitely want to see this one. The Phoenix lights phenomenon has always been fascinating to me.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Maybe a little of both?

Sad for no sighting, glad for no probing!

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Subrosabelow

I am curious because it looks like they may have used actual file footage for at least some of the movie even if the rest is fictitious. Also I get a kick out of "found footage" movies!

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Be aware that you have two other choices: The Phoenix object was either ours--a magical machine that can take us to the Moon or Mars, or theirs, genuine ETs as powerful and persuasive as any god you can imagine.

Sleep well.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
This is pretty cool, searching on ATS, I found a link to a movie before this one.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Okay since we couldn't go see the Phoenix Forgotten movie tonight instead we watched a 2015 movie along the same lines called Phoenix Incident. If you get the chance give it a watch- not too bad at all!

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Ooops, I goofed and had to edit.

I would like to see both of these!

edit on 22-4-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Looks brilliant, i forgot this movie was coming out i remember Ridley Scott briefly talking about this on the Graham Norton Show last year.

Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Sorry double post.
edit on 22 4 2017 by DarkvsLight29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Saw it today, good movie

top topics

join