It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University of Alaska is displaying a painting of a decapitated Trump in its gallery

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

The University of Alaska at Anchorage is displaying a painting of a nude Chris Evans, the actor who stars as Marvel’s Captain America, holding aloft the severed head of President Donald Trump, as a young ’60s-era Hillary Clinton clings to his leg.

Assistant professor Thomas Chung created the painting, KTTU-TV reported, and he says that he “spent days just weeping” after Trump was elected president. The assistant professor describes himself as a social artist who normally doesn’t deal in politics, but Trump’s election “bled into that.”

Originally, he was hesitant to submit the painting for a faculty art show, fearing that it would disturb some students. He decided to push forward regardless, hoping it would generate conversation:

www.theblaze.com...

Interesting note. . . I went to Google images to get a better picture and found several pictures of Trump beheadings.

Personally? I think it's in bad taste.

But if bad taste was illegal, we'd have jailed Michael Moore years ago.

Free speech!

Also, if interested. . . link to Google images of "Trump beheaded"

www.google.com... 4.10.0.4.0.0.606.2344.2-3j3j0j1.7.0....0...1ac.1.64.img..3.6.1723...0j35i39k1.WGzqKnMZuTg#spf=1

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Beheaded President, sure, why not....Just don't dare to display the Ten Commandments, those are truly offensive!

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

It's good to see a university do something to promote free speech, free expression.

I wonder if they'd let Milo speak at the college.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Kinda ironic that Captain America is going to join Hydra in the next installment of the movie franchise. A few years from now the next painting depicts Captain America getting beheaded by Ironman.

link   
So we have an artist that cant handle reality probably cried for days when Trump won huh? All though if i were Chris Evans i think id be upset by that.

link   
I have to admit...

...I LOL'd.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Try to imagine the outrage if something similar was done when Obama was president and displayed in public.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
It's nothing new.

Shameful.

Game of Thrones had GW's head on a pike.

Kingsman/ whatever I forget the name had Obama's head explode in it.

Trump is no different.

In the 21st century what passes for art is anything but.
edit on 21-4-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Wow.
Showing their tolerance, I see.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
So we have an artist that cant handle reality probably cried for days when Trump won huh? All though if i were Chris Evans i think id be upset by that.

Chris Evans wanted to beat up Richard Spencer after he punched Miss Hairy Muff. Chris Evans already picked his side.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
Try to imagine the outrage if something similar was done when Obama was president and displayed in public.

At a UNIVERSITY.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: ausername

At a UNIVERSITY.

Too bad i suck at drawing. I would send them a nice painting with Obamas head in a guillotine and Trump pulling the lever. Hillarys severed head already in a basket right in front of it for good measure.
edit on 21-4-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I have to differ on this.

That's not Captain America. It's a homoerotic Chris Evans holding Trump's severed head. There really isn't anything I can see that links in Evans as Captain America except an onlookers knowledge of the role.

In fact, with the draping and positioning of the eagles behind him, he looks more like some kind of angelic figure.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
To be fair, I Googled "Hillary beheaded" but found this instead.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
The execution of the painting is lacking. Crappy, weak colors; poor symmetry; it looks like the birds, which one would think are supposed to be majestic, are giving Chris Evans wet willies.

0/10 would recommend.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Hilary was cut off in the op.

Shes at his feet.

Pantsuit and all.

That artist is a political hack, and is not very good.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Well you said it. Art falls under free speech so that makes this a non issue don't you think? Or is this supposed to be a rant?

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

Beheaded President, sure, why not....Just don't dare to display the Ten Commandments, those are truly offensive!

A beheaded Trump is still smarter than the most brilliant liberal.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Not finding any art of Obama's severed head either. Lots of memes about how Obama reacted to people being beheaded though.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Be a real shame if Chris Evans sued the 'artist' for intellectual property theft.

A persons likeness can not be used without permission.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join