It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Power out in parts of San Fran.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Hi.

Just saw this on drudge....www.sfgate.com...

I guess it is affecting the financial district, parts of BART, and some traffic signals.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: jafo1973
This came into my mind, after the term infrastrapocalypse:
MIT Professor : US regressed to a Third World Nation for most of it's Citizens

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

It is more than that, 3 major cities are affected. New York City, LA and SF. link
Not sure of restore status or adverse impacts at this time for any locations, if any.
edit on 4/21/2017 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Who is causing it?
Do you think it may be the Russians or Korea or may be the Chinese ???

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: whatnext21

It is more than that, 3 major cities are affected. New York City, LA and SF. link
Not sure of restore status or adverse impacts at this time for any locations, if any.

I saw one of the posts on the newspaper website said something about NY having a power outage but I wasn't sure if it was true.

Hmmm....strange indeed. Thanks for the info.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I was about to post this -- surprised no one on here had gotten to it sooner. I am unsure on the exact numbers but I've read that 95,000 were without power in SF and that the outages all coincided with one another; but no correlation has been identified as of yet. I find it highly suspicious that a number of major cities grids go down around the same time.

~Sovereign

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Is that you Kim ?

ND has been reporting on the threat to America from EMP, the electromagnetic pulse from a nuclear explosion high in the sky, since early in the 2000s when former CIA chief James Wooley, former Defense Department staffer F. Michael Maloof and former Congressional EMP Commission member Dr. Peter Vincent Pry were sounding the alarm.

www.wnd.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21

Meanwhile, NJ Transit had extensive problems of its own Friday. The Raritan Valley line saw delays of up to an hour at one point because of an Amtrak switch problem near Newark. The switch problem also delayed Northeast Corridor, North Jersey Coast Line and MidTown Direct trains between Newark and New York.

Source, NBCNewYork - Subway Service Inches Back On, Misery Continues

Add on New Jersey.

Tin foil hat time. SF, NY/NJ are major internet hubs where fiber goes across the ocean to Asia and Europe. LA has some trunk lines too. I wonder if someone wants to disrupt internet traffic? Maybe little Kim in NK is peeved about Syria and the MOAB?

Just a thought. Most of it is on back up power anyway. But who knows, right?

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
From a South African,be safe guys and gals

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: SovereignEve
I was about to post this -- surprised no one on here had gotten to it sooner. I am unsure on the exact numbers but I've read that 95,000 were without power in SF and that the outages all coincided with one another; but no correlation has been identified as of yet. I find it highly suspicious that a number of major cities grids go down around the same time.

~Sovereign

Strange but not really suspicious.
Minor outages....NY is already back up and running according to the link.
95,000 is not really that many to be affected, about a month ago here in Michigan, we had over 800,000 out of power from a wind storm.
It was the largest outage in DTE Energy history, some people didn't get power back for 7-10 days.
Now if the entire east or west coast went down like in 2003, that would be suspicious.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The Pentagon have warned that the entire country could be plunged into darkness following an imminent EMP attack by North Korea.

The Pentagon’s technology division, Defense Advanced Research Project Agency (DAFRA), are urgently developing ‘alternative communication networks’ in the event of an attack.

www.usreadit.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 21-4-2017 by RazorV66 because: Double post

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Well i am only really on 2 sites on the entire net,this one and my favorite one.My fave site's main server farm is in SF and they are on.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21

Wow, that's interesting...........Democrats now more in the dark than ever before!

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I was in the Bay Area when the electric company maintenance crews Earthed high voltage lines prior to working on them. Unfortunately, they forgot to isolate those circuits from the rest of the active power grid. So they ended up grounding the entire power grid. There's also the hazard of mini-diggers hauling up power lines or fibre-optic cables.

Maybe SF, NY and LA are the cities with the most maxed-out or oldest power grids?

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

It's Kim!!!

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I'm in New York, All is fine!

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Russia hacked San Fran!

Definitely Da Russians!

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Military drills and exercises in progress !!

No other reasonable explanation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join