It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have conservatives become more socially liberal than "liberals"?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Bernie started a great dialogue,

Soneone needs to tell ANTIFA.

Can’t exclude people who disagree with us

www.salon.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: MotherMayEye

The problem with the party of tolerance is what we have seen the intolerance play out for years.

Yes, but this thread claims that conservatives represent the party of tolerance...when neither 'side' does.

This thread wouldn't be a two-sided debate if either party were tolerant in the slightest.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: SBMcG

I'm just so GD tired of listening to the constant belly aching by the people who should actually be f*cking happy. I can understand whey Dems complain, they lost. You guys won and yet your sniveling never seems to end.

Get over yourselves for gods sake. Enjoy it before it's gone.

Have you considered that a lot of us 'conservatives' do not consider that we have won? That maybe there are those of us who believe that once again, no one won except for the politicians and the people who buy them?

Maybe there are those us out there that continue to see this as nothing but illusion.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

www.salon.com...

In the same way that the skinheads and neonazi's on the right don't really reflect on the more sane people....the lunatics like ANTIFA don't really reflect on the rest of the left.

Same as the guys wearing bomber vests really don't seem anything like any of the muslim people I have know and/or worked with over the years.

I know quite a few Christians who won't try to convert you, either. Its a crazy world in reality. I may have seen my mailman petting the neighbors dog, in fact.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I know quite a few Christians who won't try to convert you, either. Its a crazy world in reality. I may have seen my mailman petting the neighbors dog, in fact.

But the right and left just LOVE trying to proselytize each other.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I didn't say you personally hate gays. Just that you're complaining.

I was talking about the Christian Right and their continuing hatred of the LGBTQ folk.

I thought I made that clear. But if I threw you in the mix it was not intentional and I'm sorry about that.

I just read my post again and I specifically said the Christian Right. I didn't say you were part of that group at all.

But you know what, it's this kind of sh*t: "You are just another example of an angry, defeated, desperate little leftist."
Which is exactly what I'm talking about. You just can't stop with the sh*t talking and hating on people. I'm not a defeated or desperate anything. I'm doing just fine. I'm just so GD tired of listening to the constant belly aching by the people who should actually be f*cking happy. I can understand whey Dems complain, they lost. You guys won and yet your sniveling never seems to end.

I agree with you, now that the conservatives control the entire federal government, and the majority of state governments, they are going after liberal media, liberal colleges, and anything they think could be liberal....I think there is a concerted effort here on ATS, to push for anarchy in America. they want all of us at each other's throats

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Well, I don't know what to tell you then. Because everyone on your side keeps telling everyone else, "You lost Get over it." Or "We won, Get over it."

So if you still don't think you won anything or that it's all an illusion then I guess all I can say is "Get over it." Because that is all the advice that anyone seems to have for the side that I know for a fact did lose.

Even then, if you feel you still lost because the system is screwed, then complain about the system instead of the people who lost the election. If anything, I'd think you would sympathize with them being that you also feel like you lost.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

www.salon.com...

In the same way that the skinheads and neonazi's on the right don't really reflect on the more sane people....the lunatics like ANTIFA don't really reflect on the rest of the left.

Same as the guys wearing bomber vests really don't seem anything like any of the muslim people I have know and/or worked with over the years.

I agree 100 percent but anti fa does reflect whats going on in colleges. We are going to have a very militant generation coming up.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

I didn't say you personally hate gays. Just that you're complaining.

I was talking about the Christian Right and their continuing hatred of the LGBTQ folk.

I thought I made that clear. But if I threw you in the mix it was not intentional and I'm sorry about that.

I just read my post again and I specifically said the Christian Right. I didn't say you were part of that group at all.

But you know what, it's this kind of sh*t: "You are just another example of an angry, defeated, desperate little leftist."
Which is exactly what I'm talking about. You just can't stop with the sh*t talking and hating on people. I'm not a defeated or desperate anything. I'm doing just fine. I'm just so GD tired of listening to the constant belly aching by the people who should actually be f*cking happy. I can understand whey Dems complain, they lost. You guys won and yet your sniveling never seems to end.

I agree with you, now that the conservatives control the entire federal government, and the majority of state governments, they are going after liberal media, liberal colleges, and anything they think could be liberal....I think there is a concerted effort here on ATS, to push for anarchy in America. they want all of us at each other's throats

Exactly my thoughts someone is trying to start a revolution by setting up two sides. An anti fa is being used to do it every time they show up they just send more people to the alt right. People need to wake up Nazis dont exist everywhere and most of them are actually marxists.
edit on 4/21/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Yeah, it's really gotten out of hand. I've had people on here say they want to remove the entire state of California simply because it's one of the few Blue states. As if there aren't other conservatives here too. Or that we produce the majority of food, entertainment, etc. They just hate the entire state and all it's people because Cali is Liberal majority.

It's insane and immature and pretty god damn UnAmerican too.

Political Partisanship has reached truly retarded levels of bias and childishness.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I dunno....my oldest son just graduated with a liberal arts degree from Texas Tech. He's pretty passionate, but has related that the headlines he sees in California just don't reflect anything he is familiar with. His words were, "Tech campus was a well of civility in a town of rough ass rednecks"

I can't speak beyond that with anything other than outdated information. But I don't think the future will be as bad as we think. At least not due to liberals.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Excellent reply and thank you. I agree, I have gotten over it. I do believe the system is corrupt, for both sides where our politicians pretend to dwell.

But I also think the issues themselves are worth fighting for even though they are not represented within our government. Sometimes I like to give in to baser instincts because, Friday (yay).

Getting people to recognize that our government is not benevolent is the first step.

There are many more steps after that.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I'm sure plenty of Leftists out there have tried with Berkley Antifa. Has anyone tried with Identity Evropa? These two groups are like the Beavis and Buttheads of their factions. They keep making play dates to beat the crap out of each other.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

a reply to: jimmyx

Yeah, it's really gotten out of hand. I've had people on here say they want to remove the entire state of California simply because it's one of the few Blue states. As if there aren't other conservatives here too. Or that we produce the majority of food, entertainment, etc. They just hate the entire state and all it's people because Cali is Liberal majority.

It's insane and immature and pretty god damn UnAmerican too.

Political Partisanship has reached truly retarded levels of bias and childishness.

yup, even our own president (to this day) thinks those 2 million + Hillary voters that came from California are illegal immigrants.....his impeachment can't come fast enough

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

See that, now we're perfectly in agreement with each other. Because I agree, the system is most certainly corrupt. I'd say corruption up to it's damn eyeballs.

I mean we have openly legislated the complete and unrestricted use of money to buy political favor. The people literally have zero influence anymore. It's not even hidden from us anymore. It's literally just become a bad joke that Government does anything in the interest of the populace. It's f*cking sick and twisted when you think of it.

So as you can see, most of us, left and right, as long as we're talking about those not on the fringes, have more in common than not. The majority of the people have the same interests in mind. Same wants and needs as everyone else. That's why were being divided by the power structure now. Because if we all realized that the majority of us aren't enemies at all and we all want the same things, we'd see who was f*cking us and we'd kill their asses!!

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I've noticed this as well. Although, I live in the Northwest so perhaps the "conservatives" here are a far different breed than what you would find in the southeast.

But, Yes - in the Northwest the left are basically authoritarian in nature and show little tolerance for anyone who doesn't succumb to their world view. Most of the conservatives I know or meet have pretty much morphed into what you would call a classical liberal.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: sooth
I've noticed this as well. Although, I live in the Northwest so perhaps the "conservatives" here are a far different breed than what you would find in the southeast.

But, Yes - in the Northwest the left are basically authoritarian in nature and show little tolerance for anyone who doesn't succumb to their world view. Most of the conservatives I know or meet have pretty much morphed into what you would call a classical liberal.

I have my own little 48 acres of paradise in the NW corner of the 98223 zip here in the beautiful PNW. I agree with you that political identity is different here than it is in different parts of the country.

One thing I always tell people who comment on "liberal" state Washington is that yes, WA is a blue state. From Olympia to Everett. But the vast majority of the state outside that strip of I-5 is not liberal at all -- even larger cities in the eastern part of the state.

What about Bellingham?

That's Canada...

The fact is that yes, Seattle is very liberal at first glance. But it is also very cliquish, White, rich, and snotty. Most of the young hippies who congregate in Pioneer Square or wherever go home at night to mommy's $800,000 condo in Bellevue when they run out of weed.

Washington is run by Big Business. It is the global HQ for a multitude of corporate heavy-hitters including Amazon, Costco, Microsoft, Starbucks, and in real terms -- Boeing.

Seattle (effectively the Puget Sound region) is liberal, yes, but it's not San Francisco.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

See that, now we're perfectly in agreement with each other. Because I agree, the system is most certainly corrupt. I'd say corruption up to it's damn eyeballs.

I mean we have openly legislated the complete and unrestricted use of money to buy political favor. The people literally have zero influence anymore. It's not even hidden from us anymore. It's literally just become a bad joke that Government does anything in the interest of the populace. It's f*cking sick and twisted when you think of it.

So as you can see, most of us, left and right, as long as we're talking about those not on the fringes, have more in common than not. The majority of the people have the same interests in mind. Same wants and needs as everyone else. That's why were being divided by the power structure now. Because if we all realized that the majority of us aren't enemies at all and we all want the same things, we'd see who was f*cking us and we'd kill their asses!!

This is the post of the thread!! It needed repeating

Way to cut through the ignorant 'broad' brush strokes and deal out truth

Thanks mOjOm

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

It would be nice to see every person who argued in this thread admit we are all on one side and never look back.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I have no idea why I laughed at that. I guess truth is funny sometimes.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join