It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another darn apocalyptic dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Maybe somebody can help me interpret this,

Had a dream last night that I was looking out my window and there were bulldozers pushing dirt around and clearing stuff for construction at the edge of my block. Then I looked out across the waters at the city skyline and some buildings started to shake, then collapse. Then a skyscaper shook and broke in two; all this destruction happened almost in a straight line, a path of buildings that were destroyed. It reminded me of a timed, planned demolition, and it comforted me a tiny bit to think it was planned. But then I looked at all those broken buildings and I realized that there were people living in them & now they're probably dead. I feel horrible. My mother is standing next to me and I tell her, "it's unthinkable." She tells me a volcano went off. I feel like I don't know how life is ever going to be the same.

The part about the construction on my block I know refers to myself. I am undergoing an extended period of change--my immediate neighborhood and everything that happens in it refers to my own self. But what does the city across the sea represent? This is really haunting me, because I know 100% this dream refers to some big impending change, but to whom?

The city represents to me the place I used to work at (which I quit last year), it represents where I did most of my socializing. It represents big business & the nightlife & entertainment. The biggest issues on my mind before I had the dream was resentment regarding my ex-job (legal issues, and a perceived "let-down" by people I worked with who I thought were my friends) & a couple of new social contacts I made in the city as well as a possible business contact. But I don't understand how the buildings collapsing relates to all this...and does this denote positive or simply negative tidings?

Also, I realize this dream is not actually prophetic in terms of an apocalypse. But I do feel it is preparing me for some sort of massive change. Also, I did a big meditative "working" before I went to bed & in it I asked for guidance about my future.

If anybody with a little more objectivity than I could give me a clue, I would appreciate it.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
hey man i had a dream the other night where i was playing drumbs with metallica.

dont worry about it. dreams dont mean anything. they just reflect whats going on in your mind. i also had a dream where i was KIA in the military. im not going to worry about it cause i am enelegable(sp) to join the military.

people worry about to much about dreams. if even worried about one of my dreams id worry my self into a mental hospital.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan

dont worry about it. dreams dont mean anything. they just reflect whats going on in your mind. i also had a dream where i was KIA in the military. im not going to worry about it cause i am enelegable(sp) to join the military.

I understand what you're saying, but every time I have a dream like this, a major event happens in my life shortly after. I think it's my brain's way of preparing me for life's shocks & surprises. At any rate, if such a shock or surprise does happen within the next week, I'll post it here as a followup.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Dreams are the subconscious landscapes of our minds. They probably reflect more how we feel about things. If we pick up more in feelings than objective observations maybe they are worth some attention.

The distance you see in the dream might be a distance of time, space or emotional distance. [With time a lot of things become emotionally distant]

Curious, what is unthinkable? That the event was planned? Or just a natural event that is too shocking to comprehend? Do you have thoughts of anger towards things in your past? [I think i would]

Buildings could be a lot of things. Shelter, Structure(s), Solid, Big [powerful?], homes [as you noted]

I guess I wouldn't focus too much on the dream(s) itself, it probably refects what you feel and think, but you probably already know that. My thought is shelter your emotions from needless abuse, but deal with things as rationally as you can.

top topics

join